Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it me or has mmorpg.com become a better site over the past half year or so?

13»

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I am a forum moderator and in game chat moderator for an MMO so I am not your usual troll.

Within a few weeks of finding this site I have been warned and banned here. I struggle to understand how the moderators here come to their position, swearing appears to be fine, yet you can be banned for stating your views if they might affect the way a post is viewed. When I appealed I at least got the courtesy of a reply though even if it was no.

A few posters here have stated there is heavy handed moderation, I tend to agree. I will probably see you guys in a week.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

The site itself just gets better and better. I like the news coverage and I really enjoy the writers. I don't come here for Gamasutra-style industry insights, but for interesting articles and editorials which is what the site delivers. Parsley and Murphy write columns that I personally find entertaining and fun to read, so I look forward to new stuff from them regularly. Forum moderation has gotten more and more random and ridiculous over the past year or so. It is very inconsistent and the site lacks moderators that can discern intent or pattern.

"I believe this site goes out of its way to encourage blind fanboism, 10 year old logic, and honestly when a forumite says something ridiculous(or has a rep for idiotic post) posters should be able to call them out on it." - Golelorn

That's my biggest issue in a nutshell. The forums would probably be better if the mods just stuck to cleaning spam.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I like some of the new articles and it is good that people that know about the games (IE like that White Tree guy) are now writing some of the articles.

The GW1 was also good.

The forums however, are a bit too heavy handed and varying degree of standards.

This leads to a forum where everyone is trying to 'bait' each other. The biggest issue is that it doesn't encourage discussion or debates.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.