Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got my beta invite!!!

123457»

Comments

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by sookster54

The cutscene movies are extremely laggy @ 1920x1080 but plays perfect @ 1280x720, the text looks like shit at that res but the graphics look great.

Everything loads slowly or lags in the beta but I think it's because it's in debugging mode which it should be. I think when the game is released, it should run better @ 1920x1080.

This.  Every single game I was beta testing was running in a debugging mode and was laggy on the higher settings.  Not only is this not a surprise, it actually makes me feel better since it helps prove how closely they are monitoring the beta testing.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• czekoskwigelczekoskwigel Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by krea

Any body running it with a gtx 580 ? , wondering if this mmo uses a gpu since alot of mmo engines use mostly cpu power so would be awesome to finaly see a mmo where my card can do some work and not just cpu .

They are using a modified version of the Hero engine, which does rely heavily on the GPU for graphics processing.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Originally posted by bmcinvaille

Originally posted by Trustedx

Originally posted by Tamanous

I was invited too for this weekend but I think I will likely play CO more than SWTOR :)

You can always forward your betakey to me ;-)

Haha for sure throw to some of us dieing to play the game. i been signed up on there since 08' and no luck with anything..sigh.

I tried installing it several times but it fails each and every time.

So not plaing this weekend at least. Will work things out before next test I am sure.

You stay sassy!

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

Chill out guys, the game is just around the corner.

I mean you will have plenty of time to loose life, friends, family and RL opportunities when it actually arrives.

j/k :D

So hold you horses like everybody does !

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

• Played the beta all weekend..  Can't wait until the NDA is lifted so I can share some thoughts with you all.

Originally posted by Jonzo

Played the beta all weekend..  Can't wait until the NDA is lifted so I can share some thoughts with you all.

Does the game feels polished already?

Which class did you play?

These questions doesnt brake NDA

cried out
    breathed its last."

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

I'm dying to play this game.   I'm just looking for anything to keep me interested until it comes out.  

Originally posted by chopgr

Originally posted by Jonzo

Played the beta all weekend..  Can't wait until the NDA is lifted so I can share some thoughts with you all.

Does the game feels polished already?

Which class did you play?

These questions doesnt brake NDA

Yes, they do actually.  The only thing he can mention without breaking the NDA is that he is involved in testing.  Anything else is off limits.

I prefer you when you lie instead of saying the blatant truth!

cried out
    breathed its last."

I prefer you when you lie instead of saying the blatant truth!

I never lie.  I find people who do to be the most contemptable beings on the face of this planet after rapists and child molestors.  I do occassionally misremember things, but I never lie.  By the way, it makes Christmas gift giving VERY difficult for me.

You would do perfect for an AI.

You kinda fail as a human. Lieing is the other side of the word "imagination".

cried out
    breathed its last."

You would do perfect for an AI.

You kinda fail as a human. Lieing is the other side of the word "imagination".

No.  Lying is nothing more than what weak individuals do that can't take responsibility for their actions.  I make mistakes, I just don't lie to cover them up.  Imagination is not necessarily lying.  For instance an author of fiction is not a liar, he/she is a storyteller.  We are now more than a little off topic now though. 

For all those that have gotten into beta testing, gratz.  I'm still not sure if I want to actually be in beta yet, but it is very cool that BioWare is ramping up the testing numbers.

i went out a bit harsh , apologies anyway. I still beg to differ from you and im certainly not a passionate liar!

cried out
    breathed its last."

i went out a bit harsh , apologies anyway. I still beg to differ from you and im certainly not a passionate liar!

That is the nice thing here.  We are welcome to disagree and neither of us is truly wrong since this is now not a fact based debate.  I fully admit that I am harsh on liars.  My reasons are simple.  After working in a prison for 13 years you get your fill and so now I do not suffer liars.  It gets me warnings and worse often on these forums, but I would rather call someone out for being a liar than to allow them the freedom to spread falsehoods.

Anyways, good debating with you.

• KuaidamKuaidam Member Posts: 183

have you guys noticed how the forum activity is a bit slower since the Beta Weekend invites started?

That and the people who is on the closed beta.

I guess they are all too busy enjoying the game to share time with us, the lonely non-betas.... Q_Q

• KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

Yeah, TOR has been getting the most hits on this site up until now. GRAHG!! LET ME PLAY!

• AnanamooseAnanamoose Member Posts: 118

Originally posted by Kuaidam

have you guys noticed how the forum activity is a bit slower since the Beta Weekend invites started?

That and the people who is on the closed beta.

I guess they are all too busy enjoying the game to share time with us, the lonely non-betas.... Q_Q

Umm..they can't share if there is still an NDA in effect. (NDA is Non Disclosure Agreement for those who might not know)  And that basically means they can't say anything until BW/EA says it's okay. :)

Do you want some cheese with that whine? :)

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

?when you got your beta invite was there also an email notice in the TOR forums or website log-in?
    Like checking beta status was that updated showing a beta invite was in place?

• shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by donjuanagain

Ive been in for a month now. I beat you.

i beat to a race of jawas vs chickens :P i win

• Originally posted by bhug

?when you got your beta invite was there also an email notice in the TOR forums or website log-in?

Like checking beta status was that updated showing a beta invite was in place?

you can go to http://www.swtor.com/tester to find out if you have gotten an invite.  its the easiest and safest way to know if you got invited.  they do not send a notice to your forum private messages, just your email you have listed in your account

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by drake201

Originally posted by sookster54

{mod edit}

I think he was talking about his previous post{mod edit}

BOOYAKA!

• Originally posted by sookster54

{mod edit}

the NDA covers everything including your exprience in the game

As part of Beta Testing Weekends, will the Game Testing Agreement (specifically, the Non-Disclosure Agreement) be lifted or modified?

No. The Game Testing Agreement is still fully in effect for Beta Testing Weekends. As before, you may tell others that you are part of the Game Testing Program (or that you have been invited to a Beta Testing Weekend). However, you may not reveal any other details about your game testing experience, including any aspect of the testing process, any details of the client, or any assets from the game (including text). Even after the Game Testing Weekend is over you may not detail your experience

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8949295#edit8949295

• gamer1982o39gamer1982o39 Member Posts: 212

Problem.

I say "Its not a WoW-clone" you go "whatever".

I say "I beta'd."

Then I say "Its not a WoW-clone" you go "why not" and I may not actually divulge anything in the game but every "non-NDA-breaking-comment" will be backed by actual in game experience.

I thought of putting "I beta'd" in my signature to see how it would influence the whole "you can say you beta'd but not anything you experienced and yet you're still allowed to make opinions of the game" dilemma.

Then I thought.. a post will do.

I want to own property too