Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: The Savage Coast of Turan Interview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Recently Funcom announced the "Conan the Barbarian" movie tie in with the Savage Coast of Turan adventure pack for Age of Conan. MMORPG.com's Garrett Fuller recently had the opportunity to chat withe Funcom's Craig Morrison about Turan. Check it out for some great nuggets of information and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

What ties to the movie are you putting into this expansion?

Given the time difference, the movie is set some twenty plus years before the game, we focused more on a couple of the characters. Artus and Ela-Shan, both of whom you will get to see in the movie. In our game Conan is now king of Aquilonia so he cannot always easily go and aid old friends, so instead the players have been sent to Turan to aid Conan's old friends in their current adventures.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Age of Conan: Unchained - The Savage Coast of Turan Interview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Nhoj1983Nhoj1983 Member UncommonPosts: 185

Looks like AoC is finally hitting it's stride.  Always loved the game but it did need some work early on. 

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830

It has really come into its own now. I really enjoy myself in this game. 

• jebediah80jebediah80 Member Posts: 10

it's all pve. conan is all about pve. just think about that for a minute

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

IMO the best PvE fantasy MMOG out there.

• AstronoAstrono Member Posts: 5

Well though I was not able to play this game due to min requirements not being meet. Right off the bat I noticed that it took almost a day and a half to load as well as get everything patched up ect. The game I have heard is very extensive though many have said it has its ups as well as downs just like any game out there really when it all comes down to it we all are going to be able to come up with something wrong with any game out there.

The main thing I was not happy about was I loaded the game not really knowing that it would not work on my computer due to the lack of direction to any type or form of a Minimum System Requirements part to the website. I had to search other sites for this AFTER I had been waiting close to two days loading the game itself onto my hard drive.

Due to not being able to play I cannot say anything about the game play itself. Due to a lack of understanding of what I needed for Minimum System Requirements make sure you check that out first before trying the game. I wasted allot of time as well as Bandwidth which could have easily of been rendered with a Minimum Requirements page being linked to the Main website page.

• vernoncougarvernoncougar Member Posts: 1

I love this game no matter what, you never know servers might get full again someday.

• KareshKaresh Member UncommonPosts: 242

@Astrono To be honest, as unfortunate as that is...you really should have searched for the minimun reqs before you ever downloaded it. You can't quite blame them for that. But I know how frustrating something like that is, having my share of games that wouldn't run on my computer for whatever reason.

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

I like the coast of Turan, but the bad part is the devs are very lazy in creating new items. No new world drops, only old existing ones and some with new names, but nothing new. They even used old art to make the city npc's. Only real new thing is the environment. So, a lazy done thing to make money for their other projects. Sad....

• S4TYRS4TYR Member UncommonPosts: 4

It's a pitty Craig avoided question about improvements. I agree that many things got better or rather normal (not getting crashes isn't a feature) compared to post lunch. However he didn't mention anything about sieges, which are broken since lunch. Talking about Unchained he embellishes a lot, i'm not mentioning it's not really f2p (free to try i'd say). I spoke to many ppl who didn't realize of restrictions of f2p before they downloaded the game, ppl need to realize you can't play the game at lvl 80, your lvl 80 toon isn't just viable and two options await at that point, either subscribe or log for social purposes only :(