Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resub now, by Sep 15th, before it is too late

13»

Comments

• SniperpcwSniperpcw Member Posts: 20

Another stupid thread lol, Soooooooo Resub now before Sept 15th and I get to play for free till December. Then all of that work from now till December is all but lost once the game dies on it's final day? Screw that!

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Be Part Of The Explosive Ending To The Galactic Civil War! Be an active subscriber in good standing September 15, 2011 to secure your right to fight!

Complete galactic supremacy is at hand!

The Galactic Civil War (GCW) will conclude on December 15, 2011, with a decisive victor. Be there on the front lines!

To be eligible to fight you must have an active Star Wars Galaxies™ account in good standing (meaning fully paid and not banned) as of September 15, 2011.

From September 15 until December 15, players on each server will fight to earn their faction the top spot in the final GCW standings.

Capture bases, win PvP battles and decimate the enemy to earn GCW points and have your faction declared the final victor of your server.

Whichever faction wins determines the final events in the game - the outcome is determined by you!

Many additional bonus activities and neutral player events will also be included to ensure a good time is had by all!

Don't miss out on your chance for glory. Fight to the end to determine the fate of the galaxy. We'll be battling right beside you!

- The Star Wars Galaxies Team

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

Originally posted by erictlewis

Right now at this point they would have to pay me to play.  I used my 45 free days,  game over.

It wasn't worth my time to use the 45 free days, and the game certainly isn't worth paying for.  As far as being paid to play it, well, it would depend on how much money is being offered.  It definitely wouldn't be cheap.

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

Originally posted by Paradigm68

Originally posted by superniceguy

Originally posted by Leoghan

All of this misses the larger point that even if the game wasn't closing on 12/15 it wouldn't be worth money.

That's only your decision to make with your money though, even if I agree with it, I'm not going to go around telling people to not play it if they like it. I've personally never understood the appeal of WoW, but I don't feel the need to proselytize against it. 

Yes you're right, its a highly subjective opinion. But in this case I happen to be right.

You'd be wrong, as myself and others pay for multiple accounts to SWG, and not just one, and is all well worth the money, as is the most unique MMO on the market, with advanced features that no MMO has, and never will again. If you have played WOW, then you have played them all. The next best MMO after SWG, is STO.

I've never paid any money to Blizzard / WOW, and may never do

SWTOR is just going to be WOW in a SW skin, so SWTOR will all be waste of money if you have played WOW

Nope. Any money given to SOE for SWG at this point is a complete waste.

That has been the case for several years now.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

Originally posted by Leoghan

All of this misses the larger point that even if the game wasn't closing on 12/15 it wouldn't be worth money.

That's only your decision to make with your money though, even if I agree with it, I'm not going to go around telling people to not play it if they like it. I've personally never understood the appeal of WoW, but I don't feel the need to proselytize against it. 

Yes you're right, its a highly subjective opinion. But in this case I happen to be right.

You'd be wrong, as myself and others pay for multiple accounts to SWG, and not just one, and is all well worth the money, as is the most unique MMO on the market, with advanced features that no MMO has, and never will again. If you have played WOW, then you have played them all. The next best MMO after SWG, is STO.

I've never paid any money to Blizzard / WOW, and may never do

SWTOR is just going to be WOW in a SW skin, so SWTOR will all be waste of money if you have played WOW

Nope. Any money given to SOE for SWG at this point is a complete waste.

I do not find it a waste and that is why you are wrong. You can not tell me what I find not worth it

I pay the money so I can play the game. If I paid the money and did not play the game, then it would be a waste of money, and I would not play the game if I did not find it fun or worthwile.

Nope, sorry, you're wrong. Its a waste. In this one rare case it is an objective and universal waste for everyone. Even you, even if you don't want to admit it.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

I wonder which faction will have more AFK entertainers and end up winning the most galactic civil war points.