Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Gamescom - What's Up with 1.5?

2»

Comments

• His answer to the 2 years out question was a bit dissapointing. I guess his vision of where the game will go is too revealing as in people will turn it into a promise and then scream bloody murder when it doesn't happen. Revealing too to competitors. Kind of a shame though that devs cannot answer such questions.

Otherwise, Rift is rocking. For a casual player like me the end game (only just got there) has been far from a grind and really fun. Combine the LFG tool (which has worked perfectly for me so far) WITH these more advanced solo dungeons WITH the new landmass and I cannot see myself matching the pace of release. So I am not going to run out of content. Ever.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by micaelmorais
    well i stoped playing rift when i reach for the first time a dungeon i were lvl19 and i had to complete a dungeon that were part of my important history progression.well it were a lvl17 recomended dungeon, i thought it was easy just because it were my first dungeon, i just get in and lured the first mob and died with 2 hits after that i figure out rift its a party dependance game.I had a really bad impression about rift i didnt expect  so much party dependance for a game, after that i uninstall rift and i dont have intention to come back.
    ya rift is nice this way!(no sarcasm)!you cannot go say at a party of 3 quest and say ok i ll solo this!oh with time and patience some will do it, i tried a story quest in silverwood and at level 30 i still couldnt kill the guy!
    i find this great the issue is they arent needed for progressing to annother map so everybody skip,then everybody whine there is no content lol!there a lot of story quest and those on most occasion are a challenge.in wow it was a bore because of this you could go in a dungeon and often very high level raid and get out of there unscatered.this time they will do it proper there will be a solo version instead so raider wont feel cheated.
  • SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Originally posted by micaelmorais

well i stoped playing rift when i reach for the first time a dungeon i were lvl19 and i had to complete a dungeon that were part of my important history progression.

well it were a lvl17 recomended dungeon, i thought it was easy just because it were my first dungeon, i just get in and lured the first mob and died with 2 hits after that i figure out rift its a party dependance game.

I had a really bad impression about rift i didnt expect  so much party dependance for a game,

after that i uninstall rift and i dont have intention to come back.

As a solo player I have never touched a dungeon and it in no way has stopped me from progressing. You DO NOT need to do group content to progress. I have no idea what you are talking about. Very few MMOs let soloer's do dungeons but it does not stop progression. You just miss out on that content but, oh well. It is my choice to not group.

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

I played Rift right from closed beta and subscribed for 3 months.  After that time, I felt a little jaded and didn't renew.  I liked the look and feel of the game (on the whole), and the way Trion responded to most player suggestions, but I felt the pvp was very disappointing.

The class system and, to some extent, the Rifts were enough to keep me interested for a while, but eventually it all started to feel a bit "meh".  It's hard for me to know how much that was something lacking in the game, though, and just my current mmo burnout.  Currently I'm playing other things, but I might well return to Rift one day.

• CacophanistCacophanist Member Posts: 100

People still play this clone of a clone? Seriously?

Some people must really like playing the same old game over and over and over again. Surely they got sick of this kind of shallow game play with WOW? No?

Oh well nothing stranger as folk as they say in the NW of England ....

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

from what i seen!it seams player stayed till trion removed world rift pvp!

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Originally posted by Mr_Halloween

Originally posted by Lukain

Rift have released Nothing , all these so call features like Guild Bank -LFD tool - 10-20 Man raids  Should have been in the game from the start . Trion is making out like  look what we can do for you each month  but really they released only half of the game at launch & then  just add a bit of the rest each month

So next is addons ?  really after saying they were aposed to it all along "yeah right they were"  & soon I bet you will see new zones ..  Rift had such potentional

Your ignorance is a little sad.... Not many games if any actually have started with a LFG tool at launch so when did this become the standard? Because WoW added it 5 years after launch? Same with the Guild bank.... Get off WoWs nuts

Rift has its issues just like every other game out there, but to say it wasn't complete at launch is laughable

Maybe think and do some research before you spit nonesenes all over the place

But in a way, he's right.  No, these aren't features that necessarily have to be in the game at launch, but still...it's pretty apparent that Rift's over-hyped content churn has produced nothing of innovation.  They are simply putting more stuff into the game every update that already exists in many other games.  This is a prime example of just how little content Rift actually released with.  And don't tell me this isn't stuff Trion couldn't have just had ready to go when they launched.  Fact is, they do what every MMO does....they hold back stuff that they could have launched with, and repackage it in the form of numerous updates after launch.  It gives the impression that the dev team is working really hard to keep the game fresh for the players, but if you look closely enough, there is nothing "fresh" about what they are adding.  It's simply stuff that many other games already have, and that they held back.  And the folks who had the wool pulled over their eyes continue to proclaim, "Oh, Trion is awesome!  They are churning out so much content!  Yay Trion!"  

Fact is, once these boring run-of-the-mill features that could have easily been there at launch, but instead have been spread out over several updates get exhausted, then the new content churn that Trion has paraded in front of you guys will come to a screeching halt.  Same thing happened with LOTRO and WoW.   It's a common tactic with MMO companies, and the players fall for it every single time.  

• MatriarcheXMatriarcheX Member Posts: 159

Greats patch! Honestly its been a patch almost every other day. Keep it up Trion! doing well.

• Mr_HalloweenMr_Halloween Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Biggus99

Originally posted by Mr_Halloween

Originally posted by Lukain

Rift have released Nothing , all these so call features like Guild Bank -LFD tool - 10-20 Man raids  Should have been in the game from the start . Trion is making out like  look what we can do for you each month  but really they released only half of the game at launch & then  just add a bit of the rest each month

So next is addons ?  really after saying they were aposed to it all along "yeah right they were"  & soon I bet you will see new zones ..  Rift had such potentional

Your ignorance is a little sad.... Not many games if any actually have started with a LFG tool at launch so when did this become the standard? Because WoW added it 5 years after launch? Same with the Guild bank.... Get off WoWs nuts

Rift has its issues just like every other game out there, but to say it wasn't complete at launch is laughable

Maybe think and do some research before you spit nonesenes all over the place

But in a way, he's right.  No, these aren't features that necessarily have to be in the game at launch, but still...it's pretty apparent that Rift's over-hyped content churn has produced nothing of innovation.  They are simply putting more stuff into the game every update that already exists in many other games.  This is a prime example of just how little content Rift actually released with.  And don't tell me this isn't stuff Trion couldn't have just had ready to go when they launched.  Fact is, they do what every MMO does....they hold back stuff that they could have launched with, and repackage it in the form of numerous updates after launch.  It gives the impression that the dev team is working really hard to keep the game fresh for the players, but if you look closely enough, there is nothing "fresh" about what they are adding.  It's simply stuff that many other games already have, and that they held back.  And the folks who had the wool pulled over their eyes continue to proclaim, "Oh, Trion is awesome!  They are churning out so much content!  Yay Trion!"  

Fact is, once these boring run-of-the-mill features that could have easily been there at launch, but instead have been spread out over several updates get exhausted, then the new content churn that Trion has paraded in front of you guys will come to a screeching halt.  Same thing happened with LOTRO and WoW.   It's a common tactic with MMO companies, and the players fall for it every single time.  

You do make some rather good points, but the fact is if any mmo company had you mind set the game would never be released, MMO'S are never finished and that is how it is suppost to be. If rift makes it 5 years down the road I would still like them to be adding things.

Also most of the the things "other mmo's already have" are things that they too added after launch, So if the next mmo had to have everything the previous mmo had, then development of the next games would be longer and longer. Why not just release the game when it is ready to go and reap the benefits so that they can add even more content later?

• PokemonTrainerRedPokemonTrainerRed Member UncommonPosts: 375

I like Rift.

Might have to play again.

Shame I can't no-life it all the time, so I'm only Level 27 or so.

MMOs last much longer for me.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

I re-tried this game during the anniversay free play. It was even less populated than when I quit. A grouping/raiding game that doesn't even have enough people to group/raid is not a very smart idea. The PvP was still boring, and the matches were few and far between.

Its great they are coming out with this dungeon, but I doubt the reward are on par with a group/raid dungeon. I would be OK with this if there were enough people to group/raid with. However, there are not, and I don't like playing games that fail to realize there is a lack of population, yet keep churning out raid/group content.