Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Sex & Games & Rolling Dice

14567810»

Comments

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by Corehaven

Originally posted by Unlight

Originally posted by Verterdegete

This is getting really tiresome. Accept it, majority of people hate this stuff and don't want it in their game. If you want same sex relationships in SWTOR, roleplay it with someone.

Numbers please with a cited reference.  And majority in this case is 50% +1?  Not exactly a sweeping endorsement, that.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_percent_of_the_world_is_gay

Now I dont know how many necessarily HATE that stuff, but no, 50% of the population is not gay.  I doubt 50% of gamers are gay either.  Its probably no where close.  No matter how you spin it, homosexuals are a minority.  Even in San Francisco for Gods sake.  Its not just a slight minority.  Its a gigantic one.  No matter where you go. 

Of course SOME gay people (not all) are so loud and in your face about it, in some places it may seem you're surrounded by them but thats really not the case. 

50%+1 ?  Seriously get real. 

Over 50% support gay marriage. I would think that implies that a majority do not hate LGBT relationships. Source, gallup poll

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147662/first-time-majority-americans-favor-legal-gay-marriage.aspx

Previous polls show a much higher percentage that support some legal recognition, like civil unions.

Whatever your personal opinions on the subject, the tide has turned. The majority of people in the U.S. think the gays should have equal rights.

As a straight man who plans to have kids, I am happy about this. I don't want my kids to grow up thinking they are not allowed to love who they want. If it weren't for right wing folks on the news, I would actually think that homophobia died decades ago. I don't personally know anyone who would say anything against someone being LGB or T.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

I would rather they take all romance arcs out of the game so we don't have to have this discussion any more.  Have romance arcs with people... not with pixels.

No bitchers.

• jjmasonjjmason Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Unlight

Originally posted by BadSpock

Originally posted by Kwintpod

I don't see how gay or lesbian relationships would be any less suitable than straight relationships for a younger audience 

{mod edit}

Finally someone with the guts to be honest.  I totally disagree your opinion, but I applaud the fact that you're at least not trying to cloud your position with a lot of bullshit justifications.  This is at the heart of the decision.  Everything else stems from it.

I won't even bother listing any of the huge number of other animal species on the planet who engage in same-sex behaviour with one another, without the benefit of human engineered morality to dissuade them.    

• JdraskovicsJdraskovics Member Posts: 2

• JdraskovicsJdraskovics Member Posts: 2

It's NOT my fault that  wookies excite me, I was born this way!!  Listen LBGT stop acting like the wrold is against you , they are not, nor is bioware. When you boil it down ,it's a game with the soul intention of entertaining its audience, nothing more nothing less. In my humble opinion MMORPGs should take you away from the daily grind and  help you obtain a certin level of peace. Bringing real world issues into an outlet ment to provide an escape from the "BS"  we deal with every day will only destroy what  so many of us long for. I understand that we all want to feel included in a virtual community but just because the chat mechanics dont allow an  ALT. sexual option doesnt mean that such an option is looked down upon. I understand that many feeel strongly about this but i dont see anyone offering any constructuive soulutions or offering thier personal time to add the chat/voice options. Everyone has an opinion, some just stink more than others. loom at your self , better yet look at the real reason you care so much, I doubt it's the game.

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135

Originally posted by Jdraskovics

It's NOT my fault that  wookies excite me, I was born this way!!  Listen LBGT stop acting like the wrold is against you , they are not, nor is bioware. When you boil it down ,it's a game with the soul intention of entertaining its audience, nothing more nothing less. In my humble opinion MMORPGs should take you away from the daily grind and  help you obtain a certin level of peace. Bringing real world issues into an outlet ment to provide an escape from the "BS"  we deal with every day will only destroy what  so many of us long for. I understand that we all want to feel included in a virtual community but just because the chat mechanics dont allow an  ALT. sexual option doesnt mean that such an option is looked down upon. I understand that many feeel strongly about this but i dont see anyone offering any constructuive soulutions or offering thier personal time to add the chat/voice options. Everyone has an opinion, some just stink more than others. loom at your self , better yet look at the real reason you care so much, I doubt it's the game.

^ this is exactly right.  who cares if theres no same sex option in a GAME!!!! No one gave two shits about this 10 years ago. Why is it a problem now?

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by donjuanagain

Originally posted by Jdraskovics

^ this is exactly right.  who cares if theres no same sex option in a GAME!!!! No one gave two shits about this 10 years ago. Why is it a problem now?

Say what you want, Bioware has said many times that their romance story arcs are VERY popular, and that this was a feature beta feedback greatly highlighted, or so Bioware said.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Von_KleistVon_Kleist Member Posts: 1

I know what star wars needs.  Everyone represented.

We need wops, jigaboos, porch monkeys, slopes, zipperheads, necrophiliacs, pedophile priests, cultists, fagalope monkeyfu<#ers, drag queens, people who have sex with inanimate objects, compulsive masterbaters, dagos, gator bait, hajis, spear chuckers, christ killers, limeys, redskins, space wiggers, spics, astral jews and nips from romulus.  Only then can all the human trash be represented in this fictional reality.

Then we can rename the game "Big Gay Star Whores in Outer Space".

Would that make all you complainers feel better?

• HamrtimeHamrtime Member Posts: 200

Same sex marriage in a game is so California. Keep it out and stop being so liberal. Republicans all the way in 2012. By Obama

• HamrtimeHamrtime Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by Von_Kleist
    I know what star wars needs.  Everyone represented. We need wops, jigaboos, porch monkeys, slopes, zipperheads, necrophiliacs, pedophile priests, cultists, fagalope monkeyfu<#ers, drag queens, people who have sex with inanimate objects, compulsive masterbaters, dagos, gator bait, hajis, spear chuckers, christ killers, limeys, redskins, space wiggers, spics, astral jews and nips from romulus.  Only then can all the human trash be represented in this fictional reality. Then we can rename the game "Big Gay Star Whores in Outer Space".Would that make all you complainers feel better?

You hit the nail on the head.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I agree with you Von.

I'm not kicking up a fuss there isn't an Australian voice actor representing Australia.

I'm playing a science fantasy game. I don't need to be represented in a pretend world.