Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deus EX: HR is so good i played through an earthquake.

13»

Comments

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Originally posted by Kaerigan

Originally posted by kjempff

Deus Ex hr is up to same standard as the original. Some things are better, and some things are not as good.

It is a rpg and not really a 3d shooter.

it requires much sneaking and planning while watching patrols and generally alot of patience and reading to follow the story.

All depends on taste, but for me its the best game in years.

Took me around 70 hours for the first completion.

pros/cons:

Awesome sound, nice story, great sneaking elements, many ways to accomplish objectives.

Some AI flaws, some crashes, Steam required, loads slooooow (on a brand new i7 with 16g ram etc), maps can be overwhelming and hard to navigate at first.

Holy shit dude, 70 hours? My first playthrough took 22 hours, and I explored pretty much everything! I did run and gun though, but does sneaking around really take that much more time?

atleast twice as long. think about all the enemies you killed imagine sneaking around all of them by finding vents, taking them out one by one without notifying anyone... its a long process.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I didn't like it for a lot of the same reason I didn't like Crysis -- major ammo issues and the fact that my character felt far weaker than everyone else around me.

I guess that sort of thing encourages players to think of other ways around completing missions than running and gunning, but I was more than annoyed at the plethora of times I had to all but reload an old save to make sure I stocked up on ammo before going into a mission that was all but suicide otherwise.  Additionally, I want to shoot things in an FPS.  If I wanted to sneak around or find ways to complete missions without engaging in combat, I'd play MGS or Splinter Cell.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Nah...Deus Ex HR is a total blast, easily one of the best games of the year.

• jamigrejamigre Member UncommonPosts: 280

This game is like pringles, once you pop you cant stop, spent the better part of this weekend playing it, and *gasp* may re-play and I NEVER EVER do that. 

totally worth it. 

-------
    Check out my side project http://lfger.com/  - a mobile lfg tool for any game, any time. 
    -------

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Originally posted by SuperXero89

I didn't like it for a lot of the same reason I didn't like Crysis -- major ammo issues and the fact that my character felt far weaker than everyone else around me.

I guess that sort of thing encourages players to think of other ways around completing missions than running and gunning, but I was more than annoyed at the plethora of times I had to all but reload an old save to make sure I stocked up on ammo before going into a mission that was all but suicide otherwise.  Additionally, I want to shoot things in an FPS.  If I wanted to sneak around or find ways to complete missions without engaging in combat, I'd play MGS or Splinter Cell.

If you want to shoot things in a FPS then you should play FPS games and not a Science Fiction Action Role-Playing Video Game image