Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: The Real Top 10 MMOs of 2012

15678911»

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

can't really say much other than I agree, I wouldn't really have added LotRO but other than that good list.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Did any of these newer posts look at the post date? The list looked decent for when it came out. I highly doubt it would be even close to the same now. Well it may be close but it wouldnt be the same. I would actually love to see where they have the list now that public gameplay has been had by all of them except TSW.

• TE5LATE5LA Member UncommonPosts: 46

Originally posted by katzenkrimis

Some of you calling for ArcheAge to make the list?  The only list that game should make is the black list.  Straight up dumpster material.

I would like to hear what you base this on?  Is it because of the great graphics or the fact that players can build houses, plant trees, build ships and sail and fight onboard?  OR is it because it has 120 different classes?

And to MMORPG: This forum has the worst posting and editing system ever!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

lol at SWTOR

by the end of the year

WOW

GW2

planetside 2

TSW

EVE

top 5

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by ShakyMo

lol at SWTOR

by the end of the year

WOW

GW2

planetside 2

TSW

EVE

top 5

Remove TSW from that list and you got it!

• TE5LATE5LA Member UncommonPosts: 46

Originally posted by heartless

lol at SWTOR

by the end of the year

WOW

GW2

planetside 2

TSW

EVE

top 5

You don't believe TSW will do well?  Why is that?

And why do people think WoW is still doing so well?  They've lost over a million subscribers in recent times.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by TE5LA

lol at SWTOR

by the end of the year

WOW

GW2

planetside 2

TSW

EVE

top 5

And why do people think WoW is still doing so well?  They've lost over a million subscribers in recent times.

TSW is not going to do well because of Funcom. It's a simple as that. Funcom is 0 for 2 as far as MMOs go.

WoW is going to do well because it has about 10 million subscribers, which no matter which game you compare it to, is still the highest amount of paid subscribers out there.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

lol at SWTOR

by the end of the year

WOW

GW2

planetside 2

TSW

EVE

top 5

TSW is going to be more Niche. Not a bad thing, just the most likely outcome. The games artistic stle, gameplay style, setting and genre are going to limit it's audience. Again this isn't a bad thing.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

lol at SWTOR

by the end of the year

WOW

GW2

planetside 2

TSW

EVE

top 5

TSW is going to be more Niche. Not a bad thing, just the most likely outcome. The games artistic stle, gameplay style, setting and genre are going to limit it's audience. Again this isn't a bad thing.

The other thing I wanted to add to this is some of us still do not trust Funcom. I love the idea of TSW but I fully intend to wait for a least a couple months after release and see whats being said about it then.

• ArulinArulin Member Posts: 28

As for the list , I disagree that WoW still hold position over Rift and Tor got less going for it than WoW. GW2 vs Rift matches will happen but the old IPs are over done and dry....Very dry. I am not saying they will die, at least wow won't. But Rift and Gw2 are the up and coming bad asses.

• SpeyederSpeyeder Member Posts: 2

Only change....Drop Conan and Add DDO. I know it won't ever be ranked higher even though it JUST released an expansion, but it not being there while both AION and AOC  is a glaring omission.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Agree with list with exception with 1st place. Should go behind current 5th, then list would be as I think it should.