Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DOTA2: Coming Full Circle

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,584MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

DOTA 2 was the belle of the ball at last week's Gamescom convention with tons of new information coming forth about the MOBA. In a new article at sister site, Mike Bitton takes a look at DOTA 2 from the perspective of a n00b to the genre. Check it out!

I have a fairly long history with the original DOTA. You see, a couple of my closest friends played the game obsessively for years, but I could never get into, or even really grasp, the deceptively simple game as much as I tried. This was quite frustrating, as I wanted to participate in the game that had stolen my friends’ souls for quite a while instead of simply feeling left out of something that sounded quite fun.

Read the full DOTA 2: Coming Full Circle article on

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• MitchardMitchard Spring Valley, CAPosts: 25Member

Anti Mage = Magina.....

Long live DOTA!!!!!

• c4_Garudac4_Garuda BelgradePosts: 77Member

Ok he takes a positive approach but still he doesnt like denying and gold loss...

Typical LoL player. LoL looks shallow when compared to it and the competitive-ness is much more present in Dota. Its just a more complex game. But I think Valve will enable everyone to enter world of Dota 2 even though its on a totally different level.

I agree with part that some heroes are Anti mage but some are Mirana. Either put their name or their title (Magina, Priestess of the Moon)

"To be a rock and not to roll..."

• ThillianThillian BratislavaPosts: 3,144Member Uncommon

As far as I remember the original creator of DOTA was EUL and not IceFrog.

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,340Member Uncommon

You know, you might want to at least talk about what the acronym means at least at the beginning of the article.  Some acronyms are very well known, this one isn't!