Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doing things differently. (compiled list of what SW:TOR does differently to the standard MMOs)

Comments

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by whilan

Okay I see the comment a lot, and i don't mean just here. But i see it a lot that people will state that the game isn't doing anything differently from the standard MMO, and i'm going to try and make a list of everything the game is doing differently so people can see as it may not be entirely apparent at first sight. Note this isn't about innovation so just becuase a feature i'm listing is in some remote MMO doesn't mean it doesn't belong on this list. Note things like auto attack and fast cooldowns don't meet this list because quite a few MMOs do this.

I"m going to split this up in sections.

Combat: The big one,mind as well start here. 

Duck and cover: yes two classes get this but it's still a new way to do combat.  How it works is that you select an enemy then hit the duck and cover button to roll behind cover. While you are behind cover (provided the cover is high enough) the enemy will basically hit the cover instead of you causing you to take no damage. But if you come out of cover to say...take a shot at the enemy, you are at risk of getting hit yourself. This provides a different way of combat from the straight up tank, the blasting of a mage or the use of invis to get behind the target. Think cops and robbers type thing.

CC immunity bar

If you continue to get hit by CCs either by other players or NPCs you will become immune which is different from other games where the CC immunity is more basd on stats and if you are not skilled in resisting the stat that the enemy is using there is a good chance (especially with players) that you can be locked down becoming completely ineffective.

Heavy use of pets

Most MMos tend to have one or two pet classes here everyone is, and they are highly customizable from anywhere from looks to AI control to types to being able to equip them to the same complexity as your main character. Thus spliting your character into two seperate parts.

Lets move on to crafting

Companions are involved in crafting. Their abilities tell who is better at crafting certain items better then others thus providing a bit more complexity to crafting then normal. Most games have the character actually crafting. Some are more complex but in most cases the game requires you to gather mats, the blueprint then hit craft and voila you have the mats. Rarer is when their is a timer on said item allowing for a more realistic crafting time as it takes time to put things together.

Timer

This is a differnet way to go about crafting, it's been done before but not often enough to feel stale or done to death so it sort of fits.  Crafting takes time (as i outlined above) to do. If you gather the mats and the blueprints. When you hit craft you have a timer until the item is complete. THe player doesn't really have any control over the item but it's a middle road between player control and just hitting the craft button and getting the item. Think Fallen earth here.

Crits

While not completely new, it's different from most MMOs i've seen where you either get the item or you don't. Here appearntly you can get a better version of the weapon. (this one is debatable on the list, so far 3 MMOs have been listed)

Lets move on to character customization, this one i'm going to have to split into parts because theres a good bit here.

Light and dark allignment

Your allignment has a few effects on character customization. Note this is as far as i know purely cosmetic so it doesn't change how well your character does.

Light/dark allignment changes your skills: this gives your character a more defined look as your skills change as you slide up and down the allignment changes.

Armor dependant on your alignment: some armor is dependant on your allignment, such as some armor requires a certain ranking of light/dark to equip

Your face for force users changes based on your allignment allowing for a different look for your charcther if your really dark sided your face distorts and looks...well evil.

NPCs react to your dark and light allignment

Some dialog options close off based on your allignment

Equipment customization.

Equipment is based more solely on what mods you have in your weapon and armor rather then the equipment itself, equipment more solely bases on how many mods are allowed in said equipment that will then depict your stats from there.

The mods you have in your weapon/armor depict your weapons sound and color (ala lightsaber colors or blaster fire)

These two basically (assuming you can take mods in and out at will) allow for you to make any weapon you want provided you have the original, even take a low level weapon and armor such as if you like the brown robe from level 1, you could improve it to the stat where you can use that same brown robe for end-game.

Questing

This is probably the biggest change and departure and where all the focus/innovation is coming in.

Voice over, as much as people might like to try and deny or say it's a passing phase theres a differnece between just text and voice acting.  Most games have some voice acting and some not, but no game has the level of voice acting this game does.  Thus it's a very big depature on how they do quests.

Interaction with npcs, such as talking back and forth with them, even being able to hit them.

Choices in quests allowing you to take different versions of the quest which result in different experiences when you play out the quest, and even different rewards. Most MMOs have you simply doing a quest for said reward, however here what you do in the actual quest when taking progressing and turning in change how the quest ends and what rewards you get.

Pursasion is an optino in questing, allowing you to attempt to get the upper hand by using a stat you invested in to get better rewards that might not be available to one who doesn't.

multiplayer dialog, to my knowledge this is an innovation but people are free to correct me if they've run into this before. But allowing a person to affect someone elses quest via dialog seems a pretty big depature from how normal MMOs do it where you can either do the quest and complete your own or help someone else do theres but the interaction stops when they go to turn in the quest, not so here, group interaction is not only allowed but encouraged as you get rewarded for doing group dialog and interacting in others quests.

Hologram system

This allows you to not only turn in quests remotely but allows you to join in others peoples quest even if your not close but are still on the same planet. Far as i know the way this is implemented with being able to make decisions in others peoples quests without having to actually be there hasn't been done before.

Companions

Being able to influence your companion from light to dark or dark to light

Influences your crafting abilities.

Getting quests from your companions if you talk to them enough.

Companions are able to go from loving you to betraying you even to crying in your ship if you are a total jerk to them.

Dungeons (aka flashpoints)

Changing dungeons based on choices in the dungeons

Players can get access to alternate paths and different bosses if they of the right class

Different loot at the end of flashpoints based on the decisions made in the flashpoint

PvP

As mentioned above there is a CC immunity bar that everyone must be aware of and it's visable which gives for a more tatic route. Also this keeps players from being stun locked by another class merely because they lack the resistance to overcome said CC.

Warriors and healers can actually preform the desired role they want in PvP they did in PvE as they get rewarded for doing said role.

Warrior taunt works in PvP by making it undesirable for people to attack others besides the tank as their damage is severaly reduced.

Exploration

Exploration in this game give you several rewards including,

Datacrons (which give permanent stat boosts): This isn't normal as i think only one other game did this and it was more of a grind thing where as these are more of a reward for exploration

options for dialog with your companions: Again this is tied in with the companion but getting to certain exploration areas can give you new oppertunities for dialog with your npcs as they comment on the areas

codex entries: Your lore background

Misc

We finally get to the misc category which is basically everything i didn't feel fit into th other categories or wasn't enough to warrent a whole new category

Codex entries: This is where you get all your lore from anytime you run into some you can easily look back at this codex to get a refresher, this can include anything from a temple to a boss to companions or items which tend to be quite descriptive.

No loading for instances: When you do eventually enter a instance in the game there is a green barrier which indicates an instance, this is completely instantanious and does not require loading, so you can go into your instance do what you want walk backwards walk forward enter someone elses instance, do their thing then back up and walk forward back into your instance all without ever hitting one loading screen...ever.

Cheoregraphed combat: This one might be cosmetic but most games have you just swinging away as if you were swining at air. EQ2 was the biggest offender i've ever seen of this where you have literal gap where you can clearly see that not only are they not synced with each other but not even close but still hitting each other. In this game you can actually clash swords which makes things more beliveable.

Obviously this list can be amended as new things that are done differently (not innovative, lets not confuse the term, just done differently from the norm aka the standard) then most other MMOs or it comes out that things on this list are a normal part of MMOs (hopefully i've done my research and that won't happen much)

With the continuous debate over that SWTOR isn't doing things differently and the claim of some that SWTOR is practically the same as WoW, I decided to highlight the distinctions in the post above.

Some additions and remarks:

- tanks protecting skills aren't useless in PvP, you'll be able to protect your teammates and mitigate damage to them by the use of shielding assist skills.

- larger flexibility in team formation, if a team member is lacking for a 4-man group, a Companion can fill in the empty spot and pick up any role. Furthermore, each class is able to fulfill several roles, those 2 elements make it easier to realise fully effective groups with combining various classes than in other MMO's.

- there is offline crafting much like EVE has offline skill leveling, and you can do other activities while crafting is happening. You are more crafting team leader or project manager, managing crafting/Crew Mission progress, than the guy who is doing it.

- Also, SWTOR's crafting/harvesting system is more expansive than regular MMO crafting, its Crew Skills system contains more than just crafting and harvesting professions.

- via crafting it is possible in SWTOR to upgrade your gear, up to the point that you could wear L15 armor that's as good and effective as L50 gear.

- branched questing: your decisions have effect on later, other quests and dialogues, so your questing experience can be different based upon the quest choices you made earlier ingame

- Legacy system

- different types of PvP minigames, like siege/assault mode and sports/gladiator type (Huttball)

- Your Companion can do gathering in the field for you, be sent to town to sell off your excess loot (a la Torchlight), and have different skillsets and roles by changing AI kits

- player ships: a command center from where you travel to other worlds and where crafting can be done, a moveable player house that's more effectively integrated in the overall gameplay than player houses are in other MMO's

As far as I see it, SWTOR's most rigorous changes and distinctive features are its full questing makeover, the Crew Skills that are different from regular crafting and its integrated Companion system. Those are the features that are a clear difference from other MMO's. All the other distinctions are smaller, nice-to-have changes and smaller improvements upon existing features.

Sure, for people who are fed up with themepark MMO's and dislike the whole genre, all themepark MMO's are the same, the differences between one and the other are meaningless to them. But that doesn't mean that, within the themepark design school, MMO's aren't different from eachother with their own distinctions and particular flavor of gameplay.

As the list above shows, SWTOR is its own brand and execution of themepark MMO gameplay.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

I thought this thread deserved a bump since the question about the differences in SWTOR with other themepark MMO's (like WoW) keeps popping up.

/bump

Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by SanHor

The only thing that TOR is doing differently and is worth mentioning is a complete voice over story. Reading your list just proves that even further.

And more than half of the things you mentioned has already been done in other MMOs. Perhaps you meant what SWTOR does differently to WOW? Don't know..

I've read this thread longer than I needed to. Only to come back to this reply and agree 100%.

What gets me is the wordering for the crowd control resist by the OP. Apparently the phrase "diminishing returns" never entered his RPG vocab.

Look, I'm sure it'll be a fine game.

But telling the story behind why you need to go from hub A to point B and kill X amount of C is the only real differently being done here.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Okay I see the comment a lot, and i don't mean just here. But i see it a lot that people will state that the game isn't doing anything differently from the standard MMO, and i'm going to try and make a list of everything the game is doing differently so people can see as it may not be entirely apparent at first sight. Note this isn't about innovation so just becuase a feature i'm listing is in some remote MMO doesn't mean it doesn't belong on this list. Note things like auto attack and fast cooldowns don't meet this list because quite a few MMOs do this.

I"m going to split this up in sections.this game you can actually clash swords which makes things more beliveable.

(LOTS OF UNIQUE STUFF)

Obviously this list can be amended as new things that are done differently (not innovative, lets not confuse the term, just done differently from the norm aka the standard) then most other MMOs or it comes out that things on this list are a normal part of MMOs (hopefully i've done my research and that won't happen much)

Yea seems different.  Think you have a point there. 

And it would be really helpful to the point if when Bioware was asked if the game was like WoW or played like WoW they might say something like:

" The game will be comparison worthy.  But no, we've made our own game.  We're proud of it, and we've put a plethora of unique mechanics into Swtor.  World of Warcraft is a fine game, but we've made something unique, and we're excited for fans to experience it.  " 

NOT :  " Anyone who strays too far from the WoW Rulebook is being stupid. " 

Not a direct quote but close enough.  If the Devs would stop comparing it to WoW and instead own their game as their own vision then the community in general might stop making WoW comparisons as often.  Even if the game is similar in game play to WoW its not like they stole the WoW engine.  They had to create every bit of this themselves.  They should OWN it. 

Bioware, never say the word WoW again and you'll be fine.  I promise.  But shut up about WoW.  Own your own game.

Originally posted by PukeBucket

The only thing that TOR is doing differently and is worth mentioning is a complete voice over story. Reading your list just proves that even further.

And more than half of the things you mentioned has already been done in other MMOs. Perhaps you meant what SWTOR does differently to WOW? Don't know..

I've read this thread longer than I needed to. Only to come back to this reply and agree 100%.

What gets me is the wordering for the crowd control resist by the OP. Apparently the phrase "diminishing returns" never entered his RPG vocab.

But telling the story behind why you need to go from hub A to point B and kill X amount of C is the only real differently being done here.

If that's your opinion even after reading my own addition to the OP's post, well, to each their own I guess. Luckily there are enough MMO's around, also for people who can't enjoy traditional themepark gameplay anymore, but if differences aren't revolutionary or appealing to you enough to be acknowledged doesn't mean that those differences and distinctions aren't there. It just means that they don't appeal to you to mean something for you.

Originally posted by Corehaven

And it would be really helpful to the point if when Bioware was asked if the game was like WoW or played like WoW they might say something like:

" The game will be comparison worthy.  But no, we've made our own game.  We're proud of it, and we've put a plethora of unique mechanics into Swtor.  World of Warcraft is a fine game, but we've made something unique, and we're excited for fans to experience it.  " 

Actually, iirc they have been saying stuff like that in sortlike words, various times. I can't be bothered to do some extensive searching for those particular quotes though. Just like with other quotes and comments and reviews, it's often a specific few that got picked where as the rest get buried or ignored.

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

If that's your opinion even after reading my own addition to the OP's post, well, to each their own I guess. Luckily there are enough MMO's around, also for people who can't enjoy traditional themepark gameplay anymore, but if differences aren't revolutionary or appealing to you enough to be acknowledged doesn't mean that those differences and distinctions aren't there. It just means that they don't appeal to you to mean something for you.

Originally posted by Corehaven

Actually, iirc they have been saying stuff like that in sortlike words, various times. I can't be bothered to do some extensive searching for those particular quotes though. Just like with other quotes and comments and reviews, it's often a specific few that got picked where as the rest get buried or ignored.

I saw your post. It's colorful use of language, but it doesn't make things "different". That's the language used by the OP and generally discussed. Expanded, sure why not? If you're going to follow the text book prime example that's the least you can do via example. Different? Not at all.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by Chilliesauce

Originally posted by eluldor

Originally posted by Chilliesauce

TOR took the FFXI companion feature and improved on it and added more features to it...Your likes or dislikes are subjective but you can not deny the new features and improvements made by SWTOR to an already existing pet system. 

Didn't they just take their companion feature from their already established KOTOR series and just expand it to fit the MMO experience? Haven't heard that TOR took FFXI's companion feature (which I know nothing of) into question before, and Bioware has done quite well in their companions for over 10 years now.

I am just trying to indulge him. Even if we say TOR took pet system from FFXI, (even though their companion system is extension of KOTOR), one can not deny the improvements and new features added by Bioware. But since there is always a game or MMO which has done it before, someone is bound to barge in with teeth grinding and tell you 'nothing special it has been done before'.

Bioware games have had companions for years. Even as far back as Baldur's gate, one of Bioware's strengths was in the quality of the writing for the companions (ala "Boo go for the eyes"). Suggesting that Bioware took companions from another game is pretty silly. 

I saw your post. It's colorful use of language, but it doesn't make things "different". That's the language used by the OP and generally discussed. Expanded, sure why not? If you're going to follow the text book prime example that's the least you can do via example. Different? Not at all.

Shrug. Whatever, mate. Like I said, if it's wildly revolutonary innovations is what it takes for you to acknowledge differences, then go ahead and move on to games that tickle that sense. To someone who has grown sick or bored of themepark gameplay and who craves for something completely different, every themepark game starts to look the same, kind of hard to argue with that.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Finally a good thread with minimal flaming and trolling.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Originally posted by RefMinor

The most innovative thing about SW:TOR is the fact that Bioware have taken an MMORPG and turned it into a single player game, albeit allowing a few other RL people to join in each set piece.

This is so true on so many levels.

Shrug. Whatever, mate. Like I said, if it's wildly revolutonary innovations is what it takes for you to acknowledge differences, then go ahead and move on to games that tickle that sense. To someone who has grown sick or bored of themepark gameplay and who craves for something completely different, every themepark game starts to look the same, kind of hard to argue with that.

Well shrug or whatever all you want. 

Do you really think TOR is doing anything different? There's even been a Star Wars MMORPG before. That's the macro level of it all. On the micro everything you've listed with the yellow text and all of that can be found even in many Korean F2P games.

This game is for Star Wars fans. It's not even trying to be innovative on the smallest level. Over all a sound business plan on paper, but I don't think it's enough for even those alright with themepark standards.

Well shrug or whatever all you want. 

Do you really think TOR is doing anything different? There's even been a Star Wars MMORPG before. That's the macro level of it all. On the micro everything you've listed with the yellow text and all of that can be found even in many Korean F2P games.

This game is for Star Wars fans. It's not even trying to be innovative on the smallest level. Over all a sound business plan on paper, but I don't think it's enough for even those alright with themepark standards.

Look, mate, it's obvious that you have some prejudice against  features or the gameplay that comes with it when it comes to  themepark MMO's.

And that you have become unable to either enjoy MMO's or to recognise distinctions if it's not something completely new compared to other  themepark MMO's. That's fine.

However, if all themepark MMO's and their features are one grey mass of sameness to you, doesn't make it so for other people who aren't blinded by their aversion or jadedness with  themepark related features.

SWTOR has its own differences and improvements that you might be unable to recognise or acknowledge: so be it. If that's the case for you, then get over it and move on to MMO's that aren't themepark MMO's since you're apparently unable to appreciate them anymore for what they offer. However, this is not the case for other people who can still enjoy themepark MMO gameplay, including what SWTOR will bring with its own distinctions. Again, the fact that SWTOR's distinctions in gameplay doesn't float your boat doesn't mean that they aren't differences and distinctions from other (themepark) MMO's, or that they're not features that hadn't been seen in that form in themepark MMO's.

I like to compare it with music, some people have grown a complete disgust of pop music or R&B, and to them all music, trends and songs in it sound drab and the same, without a shred of innovation. However, to those who can enjoy those music styles can recognise variations and trends and songs that have their own unique distinctions.

As for true innovations, I've once made a thread where the conclusion was that as good as everything including in the upcoming MMO's has been done one way or the other in former MMO's, even if it was in a more rudimentary form. But that's another discussion.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

SWTOR is generic themepark MMO with generic themepark features....and voiceovers.

• TeiloTeilo Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by mikahr

SWTOR is generic themepark MMO with generic themepark features....and voiceovers.

...well at least it has features...sandbox game players have to make their own! :p

Originally posted by Teilo

...well at least it has features...sandbox game players have to make their own! :p

Yup, but at least it doesnt feel like i have been playing it for 10 years already.

Im waiting for good sand-park/ theme box game, SWTOR has proven to be more of the same with some minor differences (that (oh the irony) imapct solo aspect of the game the most). *just a note, im very happy for this, but unfortunately it makes only this part of game worth playing, and its debatable is it worth paying a monthly sub for solo game*

So all this talk of different is like some desperate search for something to hang on to to justify yourself playing same game you have been playing for years that got a coat of new paint.

Yup, but at least it doesnt feel like i have been playing it for 10 years already.

Im waiting for good sand-park/ theme box game, SWTOR has proven to be more of the same with some minor differences (that (oh the irony) imapct solo aspect of the game the most). *just a note, im very happy for this, but unfortunately it makes only this part of game worth playing, and its debatable is it worth paying a monthly sub for solo game*

So all this talk of different is like some desperate search for something to hang on to to justify yourself playing same game you have been playing for years that got a coat of new paint.

Bullshit. It's that themepark haters/critics have the tendency to be completely blind towards any differences from one themepark to the other, presumably because they dislike themepark MMO's.

The OP was showing that each game has its differences next to its similarities with other games, something that everyone who claims to be reasonable and have common sense should have no problem acknowledging. But this is something that a lot of themepark opponents will never acknowledge, so I'd suggest to those people that cannot enjoy traditional  themepark MMO's anyway to just move on and wait for their sandbox or hybrid sandbox or MMOFPS to arrive, since apparently this isn't their genre anyway, themepark MMO's image

As for whether it's debatable to pay a monthly sub, another flawed interpretation: people have been playing themepark MMO's like WoW and LotrO for years subbed, and SWTOR is as much a themepark MMO in any sense as those, if not more (LotrO has no world pvp or battlegrounds).

And fanbois tend to portray minor cosmetics as some earth shattering difference.

And ive been playing themeparks for...hmm...8 years now, thank you very much. So, yah.

And fanbois tend to portray minor cosmetics as some earth shattering difference.

And ive been playing themeparks for...hmm...8 years now, thank you very much. So, yah.

If you consider Companions that can fill up a 4th team spot in groups when required or a Crew Skills system replacing a regular crafting/harvesting system or territory control based world PvP with bases to conquer and destroy something minor, next to decisionbased branched VO questing, then there's not much left to say to you. I question your criteria for 'different' though, sounds to me like your themepark experiences haven't been that extensive or detailed if you fail to spot the differences from one (themepark) MMO to the next.

If you've grown bored of themepark MMO's to the level that they're not different enough anymore, then I think you should maybe look towards MMOFPS or such. Or maybe a game like Xsyon is something for you, that might be the kind of different enough that you're looking for.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Lets move on to crafting

Timer

This is a differnet way to go about crafting, it's been done before but not often enough to feel stale or done to death so it sort of fits.  Crafting takes time (as i outlined above) to do. If you gather the mats and the blueprints. When you hit craft you have a timer until the item is complete. THe player doesn't really have any control over the item but it's a middle road between player control and just hitting the craft button and getting the item. Think Fallen earth here.

God I hope not. Fallen Earths crafting was a simplistic rehash of wow with a little timer added onto it (Oh wooo fun!) *sarcasm.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

The OP was showing that each game has its differences next to its similarities with other games, something that everyone who claims to be reasonable and have common sense should have no problem acknowledging.

Those differances are pretty small, and are usually nothing new, or ground breaking. Most themeparks follow the same Formula, and have been copying off of each other for along time. I don't dislike or hate them because I feel all games copy off of each other. However there also havin't been anything new or groundbreaking in along time, and I think developers need to stop thinking that copying off of wow/warhammer/rift is the only way for people to play a MMO. (Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising comes to mind, because even the lead developer said they believed that the old wow formula was going to bring in the big bucks, and get people playing? How misinformed he was ^_^) I think this new generation of developers for MMO's are disconnected from the playerbase, and are all lacking in the "creativity department" when it comes to comming up with their own creativity instead of copying something that someone else made 7, or 8 years ago.. Thats why I think it's refreshing when I see GW2 and Starwars the Old Republic, because I'm hoping those games will at least be a bit differn't then the same old run of the mill we have been playing for almost a decade. I mean even as someone like you who is a big fan of Themeparks, you got to admit. They really have over-done the whole WoW forumula. Don't you think?

Originally posted by trash656

I mean even as someone like you who is a big fan of Themeparks, you got to admit. They really have over-done the whole WoW forumula. Don't you think?

Of course the WoW instigated, game-instead-of-world focus as design concept has been followed far too often, I've stated this many times and praised the diversity and variety in the upcoming MMO's. In fact, I've as often stated that in my opinion a themepark-sandbox hybrid approach is the healthiest design model for MMO's image

That doesn't mean though that I've suddenly lost the ability to grasp the differences and improvements/changes from one MMORPG to another, whether it's a themepark MMO or sandbox or otherwise.

Some people who've grown an allergy or aversion towards themepark MMO's or who've become jaded and burnt out by over exposure to (certain) MMO gameplay seemed to have lost the ability to acknowledge or recognise differences in their craving for something revolutionarily different from what they've grown to despise. I think that even if something isn't your type of game, you can still be able to discern the goods, the bads and the distinctions of each MMO. It only requires people to be objective and have an open mind, nothing more.

• danmax67danmax67 Member UncommonPosts: 37

Damn, I was looking forward to this game, but from everything I see, it's just a fancy science fiction version of your typical theme park mmo.  It's just not registering on the interest meter.  I wish some new sandbox mmo's would come down the pike already.

• DahlifyrDahlifyr Member UncommonPosts: 134

The only "new" thing one will notice are the VO when you get your quests. And after about 50 quests it starts to get pretty enoying to look at a cutscene before accepting a quest wich btw, wants you to go kill X amount of various mobs.

This MMO just falls short in so many ways.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

So funny to see people who have never played a game bash it like they actually know anything about it.

This damn NDA is SO frustrating. I guess I will just have to wait until release and then LAUGH at all the people who will be eating their words.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Let's avoid baiting others into personal attacks guys. Thanks!