Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR has some of the best graphics for an MMO out there

15678911»

Comments

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Knowing majority of Star Wars Fans are older than 30, I doubt it.

That isn't a proof for anything, Episode 1 & 2 are made for kids as well. I don't think there is a single adult that doesn't hate Jar jar.

I think it is the graphical styole that makes people think the game is made for kids, hopefully will it feel a bit more adult when you play it...

If the prequels made any adult a fan, they should be ashamed :P

Is any of those Gungan in SWTOR? I don't believe the graphical style made the game targetted toward kids, just like saying TERA is targetted toward kids, KOTOR I&II had the same graphical style, and many star wars fans of that time were adults still played that game.

Also from knowing bioware's style, their storytelling is much more mature-like, they include occasional dark choices (not just dark sided, but actually mature dark moral choices) that requires a more mature audience to comprehend.

LAstly, from what I know, the game isn't rated G, so rest assure it isn't targetted towards kids :P

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

I think the graphics and artstyle look pretty good.  It will naturally take playing the game to truly judge, but first impressions count and my first impression is that they are putting out a visually satisfying product.

I self identify as a monkey.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Well I think the graphics is ok but the artstyle is really  average to me.

All the clothing design look like they still stuck in the early 80's, never evolved at all.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208

To the op, lol really? Some of the worst graphics ever, all I have to say is Smuggler.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by xmenty

Well I think the graphics is ok but the artstyle is really  average to me.

All the clothing design look like they still stuck in the early 80's, never evolved at all.

Exactly how much evolution do you expect in clothing?  At 3,500 years before the movies the clothing styles could have changed hundreds of times and still come back to the same basic look.  Also, you have to remember that clothing has to be utilitarian for the people wearing it.  For the smuggler that means ease of wear and cleaning, while for the crime boss much higher up on the pay scale that means highly decorative.  If you really want a good example of what I am talking about with evolution, take a farmer from 1910 and compare his clothing to someone today doing the same job, remarkably similar.  On the other hand if you take an "Aristocrat" from 1910 and compare them to someone from today with the same social standing, VERY different.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Originally posted by Torgrim

They talk more than playing?

+1

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by Rogosh

To the op, lol really? Some of the worst graphics ever, all I have to say is Smuggler.

Yes really...why do you think I posted it. It would seem from a lot of responses to this thread that many others agree too. When people post such extreme views despite all of the pictures, videos and write-ups from people at conventions providing positive feedback who are actually playing the game, I wonder if these types of individuals with these extreme views will ever be happy outside of the single player game realm.

There Is Always Hope!

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

The graphics are not that great. I am not sure what people are playing, or seeing, but polygon counts are low and it uses the cartoonistic/shell shaded crap. I mean the game looks good when playing it, but it is far from the best graphics out there.

FFXIV has the best graphics out there. With the worst gameplay possible :)

• nezbelnezbel Member UncommonPosts: 47

Have to agree with MattVid. Its doesn't look bad at all but TOR is not the best graphical game. FFIV is definately sitting at the top, though ugh I coudln't play that game for more than half an hour. With you include games no released in the US though then TERA would be the king of the hill at the moment.

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Originally posted by keithian

Originally posted by Rogosh

Yes really...why do you think I posted it. It would seem from a lot of responses to this thread that many others agree too. When people post such extreme views despite all of the pictures, videos and write-ups from people at conventions providing positive feedback who are actually playing the game, I wonder if these types of individuals with these extreme views will ever be happy outside of the single player game realm.

Read the title of your thread. That's an extreme view. And i havent seen many people agreeing with it as you claim.

• Distopia2Distopia2 Member Posts: 574

Originally posted by Metentso

Read the title of your thread. That's an extreme view. And i havent seen many people agreeing with it as you claim.

How is "some of the best graphics" an extreme view? If he had said they are the best I could see your point.

To SB fans, please stop making our demographic look bad.Stop invading threads that have nothing to do with sandboxes.

SW:TOR Graphics Evolution and Comparison

SW:TOR Compare MMO Quests, Combat and More...

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

That isn't a proof for anything, Episode 1 & 2 are made for kids as well. I don't think there is a single adult that doesn't hate Jar jar.

I think it is the graphical styole that makes people think the game is made for kids, hopefully will it feel a bit more adult when you play it...

True but I wouldn't hold my breath

• Distopia2Distopia2 Member Posts: 574

I find this to be something only a kid would say to be perfectly honest. Teens are far more likely to be put off by as well as judge based on artistic style. I'd think adults would be familiar with the concept of not judging a book by it's cover.

To SB fans, please stop making our demographic look bad.Stop invading threads that have nothing to do with sandboxes.

SW:TOR Graphics Evolution and Comparison

SW:TOR Compare MMO Quests, Combat and More...

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

When people post such extreme views despite all of the pictures, videos and write-ups from people at conventions providing positive feedback who are actually playing the game, I wonder if these types of individuals with these extreme views will ever be happy outside of the single player game realm.

I'd say that finding the OP posting 'SWTOR has some of the best graphics' an extreme view, is actually an extreme view image

For the rest, I agree with what Keithian wrote, looking at some of the people who post such extreme negative views and what they post in general, then I really doubt if they can ever be happy again playing MMO's. In fact, some of those people have literally stated that they haven't been able to really enjoy MMO's for years now, the only thing you see them do is post negative upon negative post regarding MMO's on a forum for a genre they're unable to have fun in for years now. It's kind of sad for those people.

In the end, graphics as well as other things are a matter of personal subjective taste, I guess. Personally I find the environment graphics I've seen indeed among the best around, certainly some vistas.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

TOR seems to have nice graphics, but Warhammer and Vanguard has sick graphics, but Aion has some very nice graphics as well.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

When people post such extreme views despite all of the pictures, videos and write-ups from people at conventions providing positive feedback who are actually playing the game, I wonder if these types of individuals with these extreme views will ever be happy outside of the single player game realm.

I'd say that finding the OP posting 'SWTOR has some of the best graphics' an extreme view, is actually an extreme view image

For the rest, I agree with what Keithian wrote, looking at some of the people who post such extreme negative views and what they post in general, then I really doubt if they can ever be happy again playing MMO's. In fact, some of those people have literally stated that they haven't been able to really enjoy MMO's for years now, the only thing you see them do is post negative upon negative post regarding MMO's on a forum for a genre they're unable to have fun in for years now. It's kind of sad for those people.

In the end, graphics as well as other things are a matter of personal subjective taste, I guess. Personally I find the environment graphics I've seen indeed among the best around, certainly some vistas.

Thank you, but I still don't see how saying that it has 'SOME' of the best (which is what I said) versus "IT has The Best" is an extreme view? I have played every MMO out there except for FInal Fantasy and I honestly think from what I see that when they show the worlds, the detail of them, and how they make it feel like Star Wars that I do think it is one of the best. I think it is right up there with GW2 and AOC, just different styles. I also am adding a guess that Im going to like them more in person when I play it because that is what most people are saying when they play it. Extreme to me is an absolute, like there is no other game that compares graphically to this one....which isn't at all what I said.

FYI, I also thing the close up scenes when you are talking with the NPCs are superior to AOC tortage, especially the facial movements and sync to talking.

There Is Always Hope!

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Thank you, but I still don't see how saying that it has 'SOME' of the best (which is what I said) versus "IT has The Best" is an extreme view? I have played every MMO out there except for FInal Fantasy and I honestly think from what I see that when they show the worlds, the detail of them, and how they make it feel like Star Wars that I do think it is one of the best. I think it is right up there with GW2 and AOC, just different styles. I also am adding a guess that Im going to like them more in person when I play it because that is what most people are saying when they play it. Extreme to me is an absolute, like there is no other game that compares graphically to this one....which isn't at all what I said.

FYI, I also thing the close up scenes when you are talking with the NPCs are superior to AOC tortage, especially the facial movements and sync to talking.

I guess you guys are right, I don't know why the title seemed extreme to me at that point. My apologies.

I think SWTOR graphics are good, are clever, in a WOW way (run in low computers, have a long life) and are decent, but that's it.