Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Huttball - PvP Mayhem

124»

Comments

• shantidevashantideva Member UncommonPosts: 186

Man..this is like something from a "Family Guy: Star Wars" episode..

The saddest part of it all is that George L is fully aware of the steaming pile of shit dangling from between his legs, ready to drop down on his legacy...

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"

• MaakuMaaku Member Posts: 90

I'm loving it! Very cool and can't wait to try it out.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

I will admit I will not be playing huttball, this looks soooooo bad. More of this game I see the more worried I get.

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Originally posted by stayontarget

Off-Topic but is it me or does that guy in the video look & sound like the dad in "American Pie"  O_o

There may be some very slight similarities...like maybe with the hair or something, I dunno, but mostly I think it's just you.

• KuaidamKuaidam Member Posts: 183

I'm not a big pvp fan in mmos. I actually suck at it. So, i stick to PvE stuff. But this huttball thing seems kinda fun. I will give it a try. Maybe if I don't totally suck at it, I will become a fan of it.

On a side note, I wonder if instead of a ball, it had been a flag, all the people wanting to sacrifice the Devs to the Old Gods would be ok with the game. Oh, no. Wait. They wouldn't. Cause then, they would claim it's a wow-clone of WSG.

And also, I'm very sure that if they had restricted the game to Bounty Hunters and Smugglers only, they would be complaining because their Jedi/Sith/Trooper/Agent main character can't play it, and it's ridiculus that they have to create an alt just to be able to play this BG.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by gaou

i know plenty of people aren't going to agree with it but here is the reasoning behind it

DanielErickson General Discussion -> New Announcement at Games COM! HUTT BALL! MUST SEE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Threadnought View Post

Why the **** are Imperials and republicans playing a game of football against each other?

That's the question I have for DE and his writing staff.

Hey Folks,

Totally fair question. I wrote Huttball personally and gave it my big stamp of approval. Huttball came from a request by the pvp team to have a mode that could mix sides in the event of unbalanced factions. So it's not Empire vs Republic playing insane death sports, it's anyone who wants to win some prizes and flex their muscles going to Nar Shaddaa, gambling center of the galaxy, and blowing off some steam. Story is important but so are alternate, setting-appropriate activities that give some depth and variety to the world and the gameplay experience. There is a crazy Hutt that likes running huge arena events for his amusement.
    Your choice if that's the way your Bounty Hunter enjoys spending his downtime.

Hope that helps,

Daniel Erickson

I suspect that a bounty hunter that wants to spend his downtime doing something like this is too busy playing dress up and having imaginary tea parties with their collection of snuggly wuggly stuffed animals. image

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by Evile

Kinda stupid. Honorable Jedi in a huttball league fighting for sport? Sith lords reduced to a TV sport? Seems a bit of a immersion breaker to me.

Using your saber to score a goal in a TV game? Maybe if the game gave you a team uniform, and you used some sport weapon. 

Seems like PVP is a joke to these guys. Disappointing

Immersion? Screw immersion, get off your tight ass and have some fun.

This is not a game.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Liking the fresh take on CTF :)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by Chilliesauce

Originally posted by Vhaln

I'm not sure that making a mockery of an IP is really the best way to capitalize on said IP.

And yet so far the response has been fairly positive. I don't see how this mockery of IP when LA themselves are an expert at it.

You have a point there - LA have been making a mockery of their own IP for years.  Considering that a lot of whats disappointing about TOR hasn't even been Bioware's style in the past, I wonder if LA is really behind the "clone wars" look and direction of the game.  Bioware probably isn't allowed to say, or maybe just feels it wouldn't be a good idea, but maybe they were even contracted to make TOR the way they did, and add this sort of stuff.

Kind of like why the character graphics in LOTRO suck, because they weren't allowed to let players do anything that might not fit with "the lore" while "the lore" had clearly been (unofficially) redefined as how its been portrayed in pop media, rather than the books.

This is why, IMHO, MMOs based on mainstream IPs are a bad idea.  They end up being guided by people who aren't gamers at all, but just have some wierd ideas of what the kids seem to like these days.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.