Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Release and Beta Cometh!

13»

Comments

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

this will be awesome.

Funcom makes the best games out there by FAR.

loved every single one, played every single one for years.

• stevengwstevengw Member Posts: 53

I for one cannot wait and have fingers crossed for beta access.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by abyss610

30 min video there with devs explaining whats going on...

Thanks :) It is looking pretty good, gameplay looks interesting, combat looks fun, the skill system looks like it could be great for coming up with unique builds..  As far as the competition they'll be facing in that release window, it still doesn't look like it's quite on the same level as GW2 for me, but above Tera, and wayyy above TOR.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159

I played AO and AOC at launch and yes i got to say they both was very hard to play but playing the games right now are both fun and very smooth cant wait for TSW been following very closely and yes i think it might be a little shacky in the first few months but will run smooth after that.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by stromp45

I played AO and AOC at launch and yes i got to say they both was very hard to play but playing the games right now are both fun and very smooth cant wait for TSW been following very closely and yes i think it might be a little shacky in the first few months but will run smooth after that.

Yeah, but they have one advantahe this time: They have a game engine that was already done and optimized several years before the game is releasing.

That really makes a lot of difference, Wows engine were more or less done a long time for release and GW2s engine have been done for almost 3 years.

I am sure we still will see some idiot bugs at launch but they are easier and faster to fix then AoCs crashes, issues with ATI cards and memory leaks. 

The bad news is that it seems like it is a lot of work to add new zones and instances for the engine (or Funcom is very lazy).

• DevianeDeviane Member UncommonPosts: 108

Originally posted by Hyperion5182

{mod edit}

failcom was funny but u are trying too hard and failing...u know like failcom....oh the irony

also i think tsw may not be the 2nd or even 3rd most played mmo but def have a awesome premise

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Nice to see a decent beta test period again! They said a few years back, after the launch of AoC, that they had learned their lessons about releasing games too soon. If TERA launches around the same time, I hope Funcom doesn't try to push TSW out too early,  in order to beat TERA (like they did with AoC to beat WAR).

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• EttenaEttena Member Posts: 4

i was dissapointed that the beta testing is delayd, i was really looking forward to it! =<

i have been watching lots of vids and reading, and i know the game is still in development, lots of things that have been and still can be improved, and i bet they will do it (hopefully in time for the release). 

one think i really hope they do something with the casting! dont take me wrong there is nothing wrong with it, but each spell is casted the same way. it gets too monotone and boring in time, thats at lest what i think. even wow got 2 different ways to cast things! 

another for me an allmost "must" in a mmo game; mount! i for one love to cruise and explore worlds on a fast traveling mount/ vehicle!  people driving around in motorcycles in this game is something i could deffenetly see!  or when you "fast travel", or when you get to some distant islands,  you would get in a helicopter and see a small clip of it. this idea i got when i saw the instance demo on youtube, where they just click the helicopter and it cuts to a load screen. any toughts?

one thing is for sure, this game is not going to be the best for little kids due to the fact that to open some chests, boxes and creates with loot you need to use the web to find a code to open it! this could get a bit too much for my taste at least. i love the idea to do investigation like that on the investigation missions. and i wont really miss having a bunch of 10 year olds who cant english...

i know the game is still in development, and im a huge fan of what ive seen this faar. these are just some small "side notes" that ive been thikning about. these are my opinions at least, i want to know what others think of this. i just hope there wont be any "trolls" that comes out of hibernation.

• EttenaEttena Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Vhaln

Thanks :) It is looking pretty good, gameplay looks interesting, combat looks fun, the skill system looks like it could be great for coming up with unique builds..  As far as the competition they'll be facing in that release window, it still doesn't look like it's quite on the same level as GW2 for me, but above Tera, and wayyy above TOR.

i kind of agree with you there. 

i dont think much of Tera, ive watched vids of gameplay, read about it and all, but i think its like wow but with some fancy tweeks, good looking graphicks, nice universe and new combat system that has been "asianised". some of the boss fights looks amazing tho. 

SWTOR looks interesting, the thing that is gonna make this game BIG and i mean really BIG is all the starwars fans who is gonna drool all over it! the combat system is like wow,  tanks, healers and dps.  what makes this game look grand is that there is so many planets and hey, you get your own space ship! and can engage in fights in space! but the combat system is nothing new, its wow set in starwars! wich might make it boring over time. only the universe and the fact that im a fan of Biowere is gonna make me wanna try this. 

GW2 looks amazing! but im more a pve playr than a pvp player. but it looks so damn butiful so im gonna play it! xD