Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think I gonna die of boredom and game-frustration :/

124»

Comments

• MazrakMazrak Member Posts: 37

Yup agree with the OP.I thought it was just me getting old(38).I almost resubbed to DFO but people are either quitting or holding out for 2.0.Only thing on the horizon for me is Archage because I prefer sandbox games.Hell I've even thought about playing a Fr00b account again for Anarchy Online how desperate is that??

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

I remember about 10 year ago I'd be waiting for at least 10-25 games at a time. But now days, I find myself waiting for like 2 or 3 a year. Somethings gotta change. It probably time for new game devs. Unless its because we have new devs that games suck now.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

HA. join the club (to the OP)

bout a year ago now I spend $3400 on my first gaming rig, (i've had computers) but this thing is a gaming god.

Wanna know what I play on it?

Age of empires 2 (network of course)

minecraft

theme hospital

World of warcraft 1,2,3

accept for minecraft all of those games are 6+ years old (or in the case of AOE its like 11 years now?)

And minecraft is a indie game.

Anyways...yeah I spend wwwaayyy more time reading about games then actually playing them anymore. kinda sad really.

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• KonidiasKonidias Member Posts: 7

I feel your pain about trying to find a good game that I can actually enjoy before the developers ruin it.

That's why I'm creating my own game, problem solved I guess. Haha

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I've found Terraria quite enjoyable so long as you don't google stuff and cheat yourself.  It's QUITE easy to discover somethin on the wiki but it's something entirely different to discover it for yourself.  I myself hit an orb the other night and something spectacular happened... I won't spoil it but ... AWESOME...

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Allhallows

The time sinks in mmos need to be there. But they need to actually require "time" and not things like repeating dungeons over and over to get gear. When I logged onto EQ I thought "one day I'll see that mob spawn, hopefully"! I'm WoW I'm like, "ok, I'll finish these 5 quests and then go to bed. Having a death penalty and searching long and hard for an item isn't frustration. It adds a real world , real life feel to the game. It makes the world come alive. Now I see why all the new mmos are in the state they are in; people have no patience. It's now, now, now!

This post confuses me.  You want progression to 'require time' like in old school games but at the same time not having to repeat content over and over.  The old school game model is based on requiring players to repeat the same content over and over in order to progress.  A death penalty is essentially having the player to regrind the same content as punishement for making a mistake.

I would love a game that 'requires time' but does not make me repeat the same grindy content over and over as filler.  It would be a brand new approach to MMORPGs and would finally break with the EQ model.