Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQII will be awesome-but has any1 heard of the insane game called D&D Online coming out in a couple

samtoosamtoo Member Posts: 1
I refuse to give anymore money to EQ on EQ2.  They were too dam lazy to even make new zones.  It is just going to be another tired Time sink game of sitting on your ass and jumping thru x amount of hoops to get a Sword of Ihavenolifedorkitude.  D and D online yeah I will give that a try I hope by then technology allows for more immersion in the game world than going around wacking rats to advance your character.

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    havent been on lately eh?

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

• Jeber21Jeber21 Member Posts: 8
    you have something better to then sit on your ass and play games image

Jeber Da Badd azz

Jeber Da Badd azz

well not really, lol

• livelyclivelyc Member Posts: 110
    Dude i dont know what the hell your talking about ! Too busy to make new zones ? are u retarded , look i dont mean to be rude but im about to be , name another MMorpg that has more land or more areas to play  more zones .... there isnt one. EQ has 5 Expansions ! all of which added new zones / monsters/equip and such and its about to have a 6th expansion LAZY MY ASS  what eq needs to do is stop making new zones... christ  *wipes his forehead*

This message has been brought to u by Death, the fulltime sponsor of the lively cadaver

This message has been brought to u by Death, the fulltime sponsor of the lively cadaver

• spacedragonspacedragon Member Posts: 8

Yes a lot of zones have been added. Their newest expansion for EQ1, Lost Dungeons of Norrath, may prove to have some cool new features - ones that are better than just land expansion and some tacked on monsters. I know this a board for EQ2, but this topic concerns SOE and how they are pretty good at adding new material - and will continue to do so with EQ2. Here are some of the features of Lost Dungeons's of Norrath:

* Explore more than 40 diverse dungeons set in 5 new environments.

* Experience a new dynamic dungeon system emphasizing personalized encounters reserved for your group.

* Enjoy the excitement of "dungeon crawls" that are tailored to your group.

* Discover new environments, objects and interactive items for the hardy adventurer.
    * Reap the benefits of your adventures with an all new reward system that puts the choice in your hands.
    * Learn hundreds of rewarding new tradeskill recipes.
    * Encounter a host of new challenging monsters and NPCs.
    * Unearth arcane new spells, mighty weapons and other hidden treasures!

healthyfutures.net

FIANLLY! ive been saying it since december that eq is the largest mmo, but no one listens, o well, i guess someone else had to say it, lol

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    nothing out now is even half the size of EQ. Problem is a lot of the EQ zones are crap.

yea i agree flem , some arent as diverse as they could be  i always hated most of Velious except for the cool areas ! ie  sirens grotto , WW, Velks, and dragon necropolis . those were more than awesome. and the old world was soo fuckin boring in my oppinion the  except for the obvious things that rocked about it .... Guk hehe and the planes. Eq was prolly the best mmorpg that ever came out  and im hoping eq qill even be 3/4's the fun cause if it is daaamn im buying

i liked most of the zones......

cant think of one i despised

O YEA I REMEMBER LOIO, too many pkers, lol

I have fond memories of Blackburrow.

oh yea lol Darkpaw  OH NO lol

haha i remember at lvl 55 i went down there and made a huge train and kill all in zone .... i left with like  97% hp hehe 30 something gnolls on me it was sooo awesome

i personally liked blackburrow, lol

Silverblade has fond memories of Blackburrow too...hehe....memories of dying that is. And if he tries to blame me dont listen to him.

lol, u guys grouped?

We are old hunting buddies from our AC days, then DAoC now EQ.

wow, now thats a friendship...so u guys decided togethor to buy those games..

have u guys met in the "real world"?image

yes in many up close and personal confrontations of the sexual kind. Lol jk flem

......you guys...uh......how should i say this......

ever.....shared a bed so to speak?

image im just kidding, i know u guys aren't gay (atleast i hope)image

We are mates from here in Australia.

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

EQ waste of space zones... theres a few to name lol, the worse I would have to say would be Tim Deep.... OMFG that zone is HUUUGE and totally useless (Don't start with me about quad-kiting). I also don't care how many expansions EQ puts out, I just see it as more greed, especially when they released Legacy of Ykesha, too lazy to put it in stores but will still charge you for it =/ Sure it added charms wahoo, and a buncha useless land again. Kunark, Velious and PoP were all well worth it, but SoL was a waste, they just made all the creatures have insane amounts of hps basicly lol.

I would see 3-4 expansions come outta Sony before one spelling error was fixed in a quest that had been bugged for years... but we can see where their concerns are.

Don't get me wrong... Sony could be the devil... could be robbing me blind... could be providing money for terrorists... but that probably wouldn't stop me from playing :)

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• DraconisDraconis Member Posts: 8

In my opinion, it's not that they keep adding similar zones that is the problem, it's that they keep adding zones that are 45-50+ only. This forces younger players to stay in the old zones, wondering why in the name of God they even bought this new expansion if they couldn't go anywhere in it. To make matters worse, they start adding high level monster in low level zones. Come on Sony! Why would you put Griffins in East Commons!? You know damn well that nobody there is above 12 or 13 or so, unles they're just passing through.

I seriously hope that Everquest II will offer more than just "Kill rat with stick, level up, kill bigger rat with bigger stick, level up, kill even bigger rat with even bigger stick." As well as fixing that "For every 30, level 50+ only zones we add, we'll add 5 newbie zones" crap, too.

Originally posted by Flem
    We are mates from here in Australia.

mates...as in like animals? lol

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

Some of the higher lvl things in lower lvl areas (like Dorn etc) are quests and part of storyline, also I don't like the idea of a "newbie zone" because it doesn't make much sense in the fact that this is a world where someone shouldnt be able to know what to expect... you can't tell me that Slate in EC didn't keep you on your toes and if EC was made into all lvl 1-4 creatures that it would be very boring and repetitive.

Plus how could Sony take all your money through time sinks when you couldn't die!?!

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    Funny picture for whomever seen it,  but it's not appropriate here...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?