Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo III: "No Mods, Online Only, Cash Trades"

1235»

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by Eir_S

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by Unlight

Personally, I don't care how people choose to label D3.  MMO, non-MMO -- I just couldn't care less.  What I do care about is that they are offering a single-player experience that requires you to be online.  There's no good justification for this, regardless of how Blizzard tries to spin it. 

Why is it they need to justify anything to you? They've given their reasons.

He gave his reasons in the section you snipped out.  Why have an online requirement for a game that doesn't need it?  Why have an online requirement for a game that you may want to play in a hotel or relative's house that does not currently have an internet connection for one reason or another?

The whole "everyone should have internet and stop whining" crowd takes a very simple minded look at things.  Just look at it this way.. when you're playing a single player mode in a game and you get disconnected, this is what most people call a CRASH, not a feature.

It's not a single player game. It does require an online connection. It operates like an mmorpg - the monsters, loot tables, etc. are server side, not client side. The single player mode exists as an option only, the entire game is designed around the idea of multiple players and a massive number of players interacting through the auction house.

If you're afraid your connection will go down, don't play it. If you're going someplace with no connection, you can't play it.

If that is not what you want, do not buy the game and do not play it. It's not going to change, no matter how much you get on the internet and try to prove how Blizzard is wrong for designing the game that way. They will still sell a minimum of 3 million copies...probably a lot more than that. In short, get over it.

Actually, I wasn't going to buy the game anyway, since it's more overhyped Blizzard garbage like everything else they've made recently that, despite this fact, Blizzard zombies *ahem*, will gladly pay for, limitations and all.  My post was purely for the benefit of people who happen to want to play this type of game and are turned off by built-in bugs.

Even if the game didn't look like a waste of money to me, why would I want to play a game where, to get good gear in single player, I'd have to pay money for it?  Don't answer that, you clearly don't see the issue and will probably just make another nyah nyah get over it post and make this about sales, something I never brought up.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Warmaker

3) Items in the auction house are bought and sold for real-life money. (Nickle and Diming Galore!)

*sigh*

Way to make it sound like your forced to use it to try and maker your point stronger.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

From Rock, Paper, Shotgun.  Some devastating news (IMO) about the upcoming Diablo III.  Blizzard-Activision is on some SERIOUS crack.  In short, here are the 3 big hits Blizzard's making against D3.

1) The game requires a constant internet connection. It cannot be played offline. (Nevermind that past Diablo games allowed SP gaming, and personally, I travel quite a bit and constant 'net connection is not a guarantee for me... useless game)

2) Mods are “expressly prohibited. (Holy s**t, on a PC title?!?)

3) Items in the auction house are bought and sold for real-life money. (Nickle and Diming Galore!)

*sigh*

1)  People have been complaining about not being able to play their offline characters online.  Problem fixed.

2)  This I can agree with, I know a lot of people used Mods for previous Diablo titles in the past.  

3)  Don't take part in it.  3rd party transactions have been there for at least a decade, not it's in-game.  It's an option.

• maddhatter44maddhatter44 Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by warmaster670

*sigh*

Way to make it sound like your forced to use it to try and maker your point stronger.

I mean, you really do if you want to compete.. because we all know atleast 1/3 will be cash shop crazy.