Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iso new game

hacken666hacken666 Member Posts: 4

I've been looking up games a lot lately, but really can't find anything that has me interested.  I've played ultima online on/off for the past ~10 years, and really never played any other games w/ the exception of a few.  I tried Lineage2 for < a week when it was released, WOW for ~2 weeks, didn't care for either of them.  Tried Darkfall for about a week, and overall liked the game, but didn't really like how long it was taking for skill/stat increases (str +0.01 inc? ;x).  Played D2 & liked it overall, but the pvp just got to wack after expansion.  Currently messing around w/ runes of magic, I generally like it, especially the dual class system, but it looks like no matter what I'll have to deal w/ the item mall in some way for items endgame...  I'd rather pay a subscription fee because I think the item mall will end up costing more than a subscription.

Looking for more of a fast paced game, if there's any out there.  I love pvp, anywhere, anytime, world pvp is a + I hate being limited to only organized things like duels/battlefields or what not.  I'd like a lower ended grind game, like where I don't need to spend months and months on every character.  The thing I liked about ultima online & diablo is I could easily make new characters pretty quickly, and if I didn't like em start w/ a new one.  Multiple classes would be cool too but eh whatever.  Click to move will not work w/o the ability to WASD or move via mouse besides clicking...    

Group & solo play would be nice.  Sometimes I like to play in groups, other times solo.  I don't really want to play a game that forces me to mindlessly grind a dungeon/instance in a group just to gear up...  Which is why I liked ultima online & diablo cause I could go out and solo things for gold/items that I could actually trade/sell.   Seems like in runes of magic so far from what I've looked up that I can't find anything to solo to make any gold when my friends arnt on.  

Any suggestions appreciated.  Needs to be an online game.  Thanks!

Comments

• PokemonTrainerRedPokemonTrainerRed Member UncommonPosts: 375

Have ya tried Guild Wars?

Always good for a laugh. Still holds a special place for me.

RIP Lord British. To think Tabula Rasa was the way he was gonna go... :(

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

when darkfalls next expansion (darkfall 2.0) goes live you could try it again.

• HuggmuthHuggmuth Member UncommonPosts: 28

Have you tried Mortal Online?

"Life in Mortal Online is dangerous. There are no safe zones or PvP areas. You can attack everybody (and everything) anywhere you want. However, you will have to deal with the consequences. Most of the NPC cities are guarded and local law enforcement does not look kindly on criminals."

There is a free 14 days trial, you should try it out.

Cheers.

-Huggmuth

• hacken666hacken666 Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Halo-Bump

Have ya tried Guild Wars?

Always good for a laugh. Still holds a special place for me.

RIP Lord British. To think Tabula Rasa was the way he was gonna go... :(

Tried GW, forgot to mention that & looked into GW2 but didnt interest me.  

Originally posted by Onigod

when darkfalls next expansion (darkfall 2.0) goes live you could try it again.

Yeah thought about giving DF another chance to see if the grind was adjusted until I read what was going on with the game.  Decided to wait to see if 2.0 comes about before I try it again.

Originally posted by Huggmuth

Have you tried Mortal Online?

"Life in Mortal Online is dangerous. There are no safe zones or PvP areas. You can attack everybody (and everything) anywhere you want. However, you will have to deal with the consequences. Most of the NPC cities are guarded and local law enforcement does not look kindly on criminals."

There is a free 14 days trial, you should try it out.

Cheers.

-Huggmuth

I really liked the concept about mortal online, but the mass of bad reviews of the game made me not bother.  From everything I read it just seems everyone is describing the game as unplayable because of bugs/crashes :(