Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about FFXIV

Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I purchased this way back when I thought people were just a little crazy about the reviews all being so negative, so I tried it myself and enjoyed it a little but ended up cancelling my account. If I resub to it, will it actually charge me? Or will I still be on the free time. I want to attempt to try this again, but if I have to pay for a month then no thank you.

Comments

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Originally posted by parrotpholk

They still are not charging for it.  I would be willing to bet its coming post 1.20 though.  They cannot keep this up forever as its a money pit currently and its not like box sales will make any money. Gamestop selling the CE for 25 bucks and like 15 for standard edition.

for some reason I don't believe the game will start charging until 6 months from now when all the "under the wraps" changes are supposed to happen, so post 1.2 I suppose, but until the game has sufficient end game content and a good deal of players back on the servers I doubt it. I will say the game is pretty decent right now though, definitely the best thing out there for myself, but I wouldn't pay a monthly fee for it, nor any other mmo atm.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

They won't start charging till the PS3 release. Which won't be any time soon.

I think they pretty much gave up on the idea of making a profit anymore with the PC version and hope on a better success with the PS3 version launch.

• Storm.Storm. Member UncommonPosts: 256

I wouldn't expect them to charge for the game until around June 2012.