Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: San Diego Comic-Con Highlight Reel

124»

Comments

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

(sighs at the WoW ad at the very start of this article...)

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952

The game will come out in November, ready or not as Christmas will be the next month. Need a pressie for young Johnny? Look no further!

Remember marketing takes precedence over anything else. From the sounds of it the game is in a half decent state now, so no way will that window go by. I predict SWTOR if released in November will be the biggest selling game title this year.

Will it be good enough to be the best MMO of 2011 and not just the best solo rpg of 2011? Who knows?

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

I preordered the CE edition as soon as it came out.  I'm expecting this game to be great.  The only thing I've seen so far that I don't like is how you can chop on enemies and they don't see to react.  Maybe the jedi need to change the batteries in their lightsabers.  *shrug*   I'll be playing a trooper anyway, so it's all good :p

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Originally posted by Deathstrike2

I preordered the CE edition as soon as it came out.  I'm expecting this game to be great.  The only thing I've seen so far that I don't like is how you can chop on enemies and they don't see to react.  Maybe the jedi need to change the batteries in their lightsabers.  *shrug*   I'll be playing a trooper anyway, so it's all good :p

:^) only so much realizim can go into a game when it comes to things like that. Would be cool though to have finishing type moves that do slice threw things :)

• Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213

NOT mentioned in the article

If your in the South Pacific (Austrailia/New Zealand) Your boned...Bioware/EA don't think it exists as well as certain places in Europe.

The 'Red Zone'' areas can order from Amazon (BW/EA will happily take your money but give no solid assurance you will be allowed in or even be able to pay your subscription with you countries Visa Card)

Not going for this one...

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by Scot

The game will come out in November, ready or not as Christmas will be the next month. Need a pressie for young Johnny? Look no further!

Remember marketing takes precedence over anything else. From the sounds of it the game is in a half decent state now, so no way will that window go by. I predict SWTOR if released in November will be the biggest selling game title this year.

Will it be good enough to be the best MMO of 2011 and not just the best solo rpg of 2011? Who knows?

There will be at least one of the three planned CoD title's out before then and those slavering fanbois will snap up record ammounts of pre-orders as usual even if the game turns out to be utter crap it will sell very well on pre-orders alone, just like CoD black ops did.

Which practically guarantees SWTOR will not be the biggest selling game this year.

The other thing is other games coming out this year will be sold worldwide..... SWTOR is only being sold to North America and selected European territories again limiting the possibility it will break any industry sales records of note.

Originally posted by Alx_Starfire

NOT mentioned in the article

If your in the South Pacific (Austrailia/New Zealand) Your boned...Bioware/EA don't think it exists as well as certain places in Europe.

The 'Red Zone'' areas can order from Amazon (BW/EA will happily take your money but give no solid assurance you will be allowed in or even be able to pay your subscription with you countries Visa Card)

Not going for this one...

havent you heard ?

{mod edit - resized image to fit forum}

ugh i messed up the image, here is the original link.

http://www.askajedi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/biowaremap.jpg