Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally Swtor will take down world of warcraft.

Thats right folks finally we have this game that will finally take down world of warcraft. After all these years of so called wow killer will finally arrive this holiday season.

Comments

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

so we are going to trade WoW for a game exactly like it! VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• Sain34Sain34 Member UncommonPosts: 293

Does it even matter?

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395

Originally posted by Sain34

Does it even matter?

nope.

• AlgaAlga Member UncommonPosts: 16

"WoW killer" I have heard that one before.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Sigh, yet another wow-killer thread.

Sorry mate, only WoW will kill WoW. And I don't like that game (I don't hate it either it's just that I tried it and I didn't like it, this simple), but... I am realistic.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by EndDream

so we are going to trade WoW for a game exactly like it! VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only WoW haters deal in absolutes. ;D

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654

At least wait for the game to release before making these types of predictions.  The majority haven't even had a chance to play it yet.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Furor

Thats right folks finally we have this game that will finally take down world of warcraft. After all these years of so called wow killer will finally arrive this holiday season.

I'm going to hold you to your word, I'll pre-order now, so I can be part of what took down WoW. But if it doesn't take down WoW, you are going to refund my money :P

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

lol you have now just doomed this game to failure.

Sooner or Later

Originally posted by elocke

Only WoW haters deal in absolutes. ;D

I don't hate WoW, I am playing it now in fact! I just think its funny to consider this a victory even if it does end up to be true. (which it probably wont)

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

No dude, this one has a story line with voice overs.

No but really(@ the op and people who think this), and this is a honest question... if you hate wow soooo much, why would you be happy that the game taking it down is swtor? Unless you spend all your time rolling alts in mmo's, i don't see much reason to hate wow while loving swtor at the same time.

Also, even if this game took down wow, in five years after everyone starts cloning this game, would you really be happy?

Also,also...do you realistically think all the millions of players that play wow are big enough star wars fanatics to drop their years of time investment and friends? Not saying this game is not going to do great #'s wise, but i doubt there crowd is going be taken directly from wow. Alot of players probably won't even be mmo fans prior (sound familar?)

Originally posted by jadedlevir

No but really, and this is a honest question... if you hate wow soooo much, why would you be happy that the game taking it down is swtor? Unless you spend all your time rolling alts in mmo's, i don't see much reason to hate wow while loving swtor at the same time.

Also, even if this game took down wow, in five years after everyone starts cloning this game, would you really be happy?

Also,also...do you realistically think all the millions of players that play wow are big enough star wars fanatics to drop their years of time investment and friends? Not saying this game is not going to do great #'s wise, but i doubt there crowd is going be taken directly from wow. Alot of players probably won't even bee mmo fans prior (sound familar?)

I was joking =D

• Archangel326Archangel326 Member Posts: 43

It is so stupid to keep this competition going. Why cant we just let WOW be WOW and TOR be TOR? WOW was a great game, TOR will be a great game. The SAME= NO!  Same core stye= YES !  I agree that only die hard WOW fans that have grown tired of WOW are the ones hating on TOR for having the same core style. But I bet this game is STILL going to be as great. And no there is not going to be a WOW killer. Thats like saying that Kobe Bryant or Lebran James is a Michael Jordan Killer. Same core dominating style. But different!  

No but really, and this is a honest question... if you hate wow soooo much, why would you be happy that the game taking it down is swtor? Unless you spend all your time rolling alts in mmo's, i don't see much reason to hate wow while loving swtor at the same time.

Also,also...do you realistically think all the millions of players that play wow are big enough star wars fanatics to drop their years of time investment and friends? Not saying this game is not going to do great #'s wise, but i doubt there crowd is going be taken directly from wow. Alot of players probably won't even bee mmo fans prior (sound familar?)

I was joking =D

Oh ya i know, I was directing that at the op( who i don't think is serious) and people who do think like this.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I won't speak for ALL WoW players, I'm not that popular, BUT, all of my friends who play, including myself, are Star Wars fans.  We all want to play SWTOR.  So take that for what it's worth.  Think about this, SWTOR is like WoW but bigger and better and backed by a well known developer.  Sounds like what people were saying with WoW when it launched and it replaced EQ.  Whether it "kills" WoW, nah, BUT it will dethrone it I think, more like a succession.  

SWTOR is the next heir to the throne.  There, no "killing", the old King will still be around for advice and a few laughs here and there, but old is old.

• DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279

There is no such thing as a "wow killer" it's a myth. But i do hope the game does well in it's own right.

Originally posted by Archangel326

It is so stupid to keep this competition going. Why cant we just let WOW be WOW and TOR be TOR? WOW was a great game, TOR will be a great game. The SAME= NO!  Same core stye= YES !  I agree that only die hard WOW fans that have grown tired of WOW are the ones hating on TOR for having the same core style. But I bet this game is STILL going to be as great. And no there is not going to be a WOW killer. Thats like saying that Kobe Bryant or Lebran James is a Michael Jordan Killer. Same core dominating style. But different!  

Well I agree with you, but your comparison with basketball players is a little flawed. People argue constantly about who is going to be the next jordan (first it was Kobe,then it was Lebron, then it was Wade after the '06 finals, then it was lebron & wade after the '09 season, then it was Rose when everyone started hating them both). Hell people still say stuff like..."Wade will never be better then Iverson" and can't just settle that they're among the best sg's to play.

My point is, everyone just loves to compared their favorite player(or game or thing) to other peopls favorite. So it will never stop.

• Archangel326Archangel326 Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by doki

{mod edit}

Better then WOW right now????  when WOW hs had years of polish...... Or Better then WOWs beginning?? I still feel people are comairing Granny smith apples to golden delicious apples.

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

ROFLMAO

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by Furor

Every time you lie, god kills a panda.

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

Well after checking up on the pre orders across the board, 1day pre orders is already amazing.

imagine after a week? Or pre orders after 1 month?? its insane.

Bioware has got a winner on their hands.

I just hope bioware prepare 400 servers at launch, its goign to be a bumpy ride.

• ScrogdogScrogdog Member Posts: 380

There is no such thing as a WoW killer.

Just like there's no such thing as the death of any timeless classic whether we are talking about Morrowind or Casablanca or A Tale of Two Cities.

WoW has but one enemy... time.  Sooner or later it's going to run out of gas.  Not because the game suddenly got bad, but only because, well, even with a game that is eminantly replayable like Morrowind, how many times can you actually play it?

The status of "classic" will never be removed, even when it runs out of gas.

• dokidoki Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Archangel326

Better then WOW right now????  when WOW hs had years of polish...... Or Better then WOWs beginning?? I still feel people are comairing Granny smith apples to golden delicious apples.

Compared to the the Gameworld at the beginning of WoW, Biowares planets in swtor are small.

And you are not as free as you are in the WoW gameworld. Hell there are planets that are restrictet to one faction, you can't even open PvP and meet people from the other faction there.

Just two things that wow did better, even at it's beginning.

Will not tell too much, it's still under NDA.

Well swtor is a fun game, but i'm just trying to say that for many people it will just be "meh"....

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

No it won't.

And world of warcraft is not a science fiction dictator hellbent on keeping Mars from having the valuable oxygen that an alien society created a machine to offer an infinite supply of.

I mean seriously, grow the F up.

This discussion has been closed.