Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Game Update 4 WebCast

The latest DCUO Developers Webcast is up and running at the Official SOE YouTube account for all to see! In it, the devs take a run at Update 4, the new Green Lantern DLC and take a stab at some player questions.

Learn how you can assault the Fortress of Solitude, re-enter the Batcave, and enjoy a number of new enhancements.

Check out the webcast at the official SOE YouTube site.

Comments

• bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129

blah. it is dead.

• LuxumaruLuxumaru Member UncommonPosts: 259
    How is this game doing nowadays? I've wanted to try it for a while but there's so much negativity. Maybe I should take that as a sign? What exactly is the problem with this one?

Total MMOs played: 274|Enjoyed: 9. >:|

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

The problem with this one is they developed a very shallow game and tried to call it D.C. Universe. The combat is fun and it looks really good but thats where the fun stops, which is too bad because I really wanted to like this game. SOE just has a way of making its customers feel stupid for supporting them, its a special trait.

Edit: I wonder if it'll go F2P any time soon...

• considebaltconsidebalt Member Posts: 26

What Punchrx said, the missions are repetative as hell in this game as well. With Champions being F2P and CoH following suit, I don't see how they wouldn't jump on that ban wagon

• Dante1443Dante1443 Member Posts: 23

CoH is going F2P?  Didn't know that.  Might be worth checking out again to see what changes have been made since I left.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Dante1443

CoH is going F2P?  Didn't know that.  Might be worth checking out again to see what changes have been made since I left.

i hadnt heard that either... was seriously thinking of getting the last expansion on steam too... CoH is definitely.. imo at least, the best superhero MMO... if its going F2P..  ..... ... tempting.. though.. have to see how they handle it.. the thought of having to buy all those upgrade things from a cash shop...  glad i havent bought it yet (the last expansion) until the dust settles on whats happening with the game.... and then decide image

• Thoth11Thoth11 Member Posts: 17

It has its strengths and weaknesses, but I must admit, this last announcement is one mixed with annoyance more than anything.

• TwwIXTwwIX Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by Phry

Originally posted by Dante1443

i hadnt heard that either... was seriously thinking of getting the last expansion on steam too... CoH is definitely.. imo at least, the best superhero MMO... if its going F2P..  ..... ... tempting.. though.. have to see how they handle it.. the thought of having to buy all those upgrade things from a cash shop...  glad i havent bought it yet (the last expansion) until the dust settles on whats happening with the game.... and then decide image

It's getting a free to play option with restricted content. Basically, a never ending trial version. That's all. You'll still have to buy the game and pay subscription if you want the full experience.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

The biggest reveal from the video is that almost half of the DCU development team is NOT working on the live game. 

DCU doesn't appear to be in such a stable condition that it can afford to sacrifice almost half of its developers so they can work on cash shops, RMT and paid content updates, but SOE seems to think so.

• TyrellJonezTyrellJonez Member Posts: 36

SoE seems to think people will pay blindly for an IP no matter what they do. What? Their servers are empty? Curses! foiled again!

SoulPlane 2: The Blackjacking is a American Movie Classic!