Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DUST 514: Will Require Initial "Cover Charge"

2»

Comments

• XhieronXhieron Member UncommonPosts: 132

Originally posted by DEXA88

CCP wana make shure that PS3 players will buy monocles :)

This guy gets it.  I'm willing to bet the "free credits" is not in-game currency, but cash shop currency.  you know, just to give people a taste.  a little sample, if you will, so they can get good and accustomed to using the cash shop to take care of all of their needs.  --you know ... goggles for the heavily chlorinated pool.  Yeah, we read the newsletter.

Yet another confirmation that CCP's stance hasn't changed a lick since it all hit the fan.  I'm taking my money elsewhere, and that elsewhere excludes this game, WOD, and anything else that has the filthy, tainted stamp of CCP on it.

Peace and safety.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by bumuscheekus

Let me understand this properly. This game is an FPS ancillary plug-in to the Eve online universe, a very popular game for PC. Everyone playing Eve has been getting excited about it since it was announced as an interesting new FPS angle to the game to take the edge off the endless cash grind and slightly removed spaceship-based theme. And...you can only play it on the PS3, consoles being for most PC gamers, the macDonalds prostitute of poor gaming choice. Emmm. Why is no one pointing out that that's the dumbest most idiotic concept in the history of computer games. Or am I missing something crucial? 

Everyone has said this, some people just refuse to listen.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

How about making this game for PC?

It will solve lots of problems.......not sure why they went for a PS3 exclusive

Oh well, Battlefield 3 is round the corner, can't wait for it.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

OH FFS people the pc gaming population is a FRACTION of the console gaming population. Also the reason it's not also on Xbox is purely M$'s fault because they refuse to open their platform up to MMO games. As for the not on PC crowd, they are looking to get NEW CUSTOMERS not cannibalize their existing playerbase.

There's no doubt CCP has made some monumental fuckups in the past month or so but their strategy for releasing Dust 514 is NOT one of them.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Originally posted by Minsc

OH FFS people the pc gaming population is a FRACTION of the console gaming population. Also the reason it's not also on Xbox is purely M$'s fault because they refuse to open their platform up to MMO games. As for the not on PC crowd, they are looking to get NEW CUSTOMERS not cannibalize their existing playerbase.

There's no doubt CCP has made some monumental fuckups in the past month or so but their strategy for releasing Dust 514 is NOT one of them.

PC gaming population is a faction of the console gaming population? That is far from truth. If population is the issue here then they might as well make the game for smartphones or facebook.

• VirusDarkoVirusDarko Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Otakun

Originally posted by Minsc

PC gaming population is a faction of the console gaming population? That is far from truth. If population is the issue here then they might as well make the game for smartphones or facebook.

It is true. There are a lot of computer players out there but when it comes down to it, there are a ton of consoles as well. Consoles take up most the FPS's out there. In my personal opinion, FPS's should only be played in a a,s,d,w fashion but it's not. There are more sales for BF3 and CoD on consoles rather than PC so in my opinion, PS3 was a very wise choice for CCP. Putting that aside, CCP is doing something that could open the door for others to look at. Console to PC total interaction. Yes, it's true that it has been done before. Not many have been sucessful at much of any level.

As for those asking why a PS3 exclusive....

Originally it was scheduled to be released on the 360 and the PS3 where the two could combat. The announced at E3 2011 the PS3 Exclusive. Reason? More than likely what has been stated. PS3 network is easier to link Tranquility up with. The network is simply a piggy back so that their server can take control once connected. The PSN will be dropped afterwards once connection is made. With the 360, this wouldn't happen. MS has a closed network not allowing much of anything in to it. It has taken them forever to catch up with the PS3's power using the internet and still, nowhere near where it should be. Anyone play GoW on the 360? How long does it take you to get in to a match? Same with CoD or BF3? Could you imagine what would happen if Dust was thrown on to that network? 3,500 solar systems each having x amount of planets. Even if the planets are set to 7 generic styles, it would have to know where the planet was located within the Eve universe. The xbox would have an electronic instant facepalm retardation.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by bumuscheekus

And...you can only play it on the PS3, consoles being for most PC gamers, the macDonalds prostitute of poor gaming choice. Emmm.

Rofl, and people wonder why everyone hates pc gamers, there the extreme racists of the gaming world.

They honestly think that choosing to play games on a different system makes them better, its quite pathetic really.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Kind of excited for this. I bought a PS3 to use as more of a media station (blue rays, Netflix, etc) and for the occasional exclusive (mostly JRPGs) so it's nice to something else to use it for. Honestly, I was always under the assumption that you would have to pay a "box" fee anyways so this doesn't bother me at all. As far as having a cash shop goes, if they do indeed use one, hopefully it's all cosmetic and "exp boost" styled stuff. 

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3