Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The State of the game.

cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

Hello all

Ahh yes this wil be the 5th game i have writern one of these for and all of them were new releases.

Gods and Heroes .

Now what can i say about this title... I can sum this game up in one word.

Brilliant....

Now that that has been said here is why.

1. Old style MMORPG

2.Decent graphics

3. Dedicated team

4.Game can actualy be played unlike manny new releases that are non playable.

Now for that who wish to try this new title i would say give it a go but there are some things you should take into consideration , though i find the gameplay and the game to be brilliant there are as with most new games some bugs ion the system.

The game acosianly crashes mabyee once every 2 sessions of play with an unhandled error. Though as i said this happend rarely.

also there is an issue with combat but it just means combat is a little more relaxed and slightly slower paced. But this adds to the charm of the game.

The Dev's are aware of these issues and they will be fixed in the next week or so .

I have even though these two issues stand out in my mind still really enjoy the game the estate system and the minions system are brilliant and the game in general has a nice feel to it.

At present there are 4 classes avialable and two more will be unlocked in the next few weeks. I am especialy looking forward to the scout class that will be aviable in about a fortnight.

At present the game comunity is a good one though a little small , I play on a U.K server and am an Aussie but the player base is always ready to help as more and more areas are opend to us.

My main is a gladator and i enjoy him alot he is currently level 13 with two minions so i am a keen fighting force the divercity of strange weapons is brilliant.

In sumary this game out of 10 is a 8.0 as they add new content and open up more area's.

I can see this game becomming a 9.0 depending on the actions over the next few months so i seriously recomend giving this a try .

P.S : AS i have only seen the content up to level 13 this is based on my current playing though by the time i get to higher levels i am sure there will be more content added as i am very slow to level my chars and spend lots of time looking arround the world. I am aware the game is not complete at present and alot more needs to be added but this is based on my experance so far.

Current games;
Star treck online
Rift
Eve online
Firefall

Comments

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

8.5 seems a bit high at this point.  Once they get an economy, crafting, and PVP in perhaps.

• FredelasFredelas Member Posts: 36

I enjoyed the game too, at least while leveling up my first character. It has decently interesting quests.

But that's the problem: quests are almost the only thing the game has. Once you hit level 30, there's a single five-player dungeon (with hard-hitting but otherwise boring bosses) and nothing else.

What does this company honestly expect people to subscribe for? I could go back and repeat this process on four alts, but I doubt it would be as enjoyable. Plus, there's no other path to advancement. Unless you want to grind mobs, you pretty much have to do every quest in every zone to reach level 30. If I had a choice of other zones to quest in, I might have been more tempted to roll alts.

• EystorhafEystorhaf Member UncommonPosts: 3
    #1 !

I also do enjoy this game very much so far. Some say its laggy but I can play via Surfstick ( 3G) without any major problems.

Bye
  • BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

I cant make up my mid if the OP is being sarcastic or not.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

i too enjoy the game but decided to take a break atm..i want all the content there for me to enjoy..i know its not far away but i dont want this game to be another VG.yes it has a few annoying bugs..i.e a couple of the advanced minion quests but i am sure they are on top of that.i really want to see the changes and implementations they have planned.i do know there is a lot of peeps working on this game now..so as far as i am concerned HW are moving in right direction. gonna give it a month then go back to game

imageimageimageimageimageimage

it is a bit light on content atm..as for people saying on other posts that people wont pay for it..thats a personal choice and a matter of opinion.if you like a game that someone else does not you are going to sub and the other is not, simple as that.it may not be everyones cup of tea but to me its a damn good game with great potential.What i would like to see is what the CEO mentioned that people dont want to pay that much for the game..easy,reduce the price and subs to get peeps in..there seems to be more than enough interest in the game,its just the price they dont like.not the game.

everyone goes on about GW2 and SWTOR well they aint released and this one is.so how can you compare a game to something you relitavely no nothing about..from what i have heard areanet are in no rush with GW2 and SWTOR has,nt been given a release date either.not saying those games are not better than Gods they will be,no doubt..

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

Nah i wasnt been Sarcastic . I do really like this game it has a feel to it that alot of games are missing though it isnt just one thing that i can put my finger on. I got so distracted trying to do a quest to get a minion last night that i spent a good hour on the quest and forgot the others i was looking at . Again i think it is because this remindes me of the games of old that were not dummed down .

Anyways i am still enjoying the game and have actualy made some time for it out of my eve playing time .

Cant wait til the scout class is included in the next few weeks.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

I have a question about the state of the game...

When testing the game earlier this year, the major problem I had was the "alone" feeling I had which shouldn't be in a MMO.  Realistically I have no problems not seeing much of anyone in the starter area, but I do have a problem not seeing anyone in Roma.  From my testing days, the most amount of people I saw at one time in Roma was two, and that happened twice.  I actually saw more poeple in the starting area than in Roma.  

So my question is: Does GnH feel like a MMO yet, or does it feel more like a single player console game?  Thanks.

edit:  From my testing days, I assumed Roma was suppose to be the capital of the game kind of like 21st hall is in Lotro and Atlas Park is in CoH.  Is that true or is there another zone where people go to "hang out" or look for groups?

Hello

Thios does not at all feel like a console game of any sort. infact though it does need some work in the technical side it feels like a MMO rts if i had to class it as a game as it is loverly to play and would be brilliant if they fix some of the underlining technical issues.

It feels like balders gate if i had to choose a game.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• AshynAshyn Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by kevjards

i too enjoy the game but decided to take a break atm..i want all the content there for me to enjoy..i know its not far away but i dont want this game to be another VG.yes it has a few annoying bugs..i.e a couple of the advanced minion quests but i am sure they are on top of that.i really want to see the changes and implementations they have planned.i do know there is a lot of peeps working on this game now..so as far as i am concerned HW are moving in right direction. gonna give it a month then go back to game

*runs down hill in the dark, trips on sandal laces and slams into tree* 

Heya Kev/Quintor -

Saw your post on the G&H forums that you were taking a little break and then saw it here. I took an involuntary break as well. My CE pre-order ended up with numerous shipping "delays" (more than 3 weeks from release) - it just became too frustrating trying to get the CE in my hands, after 3 weeks I gave up.

I must say, that first week we played (headstart and then release) was fantastic - Spartans really has/had a great group of players - it was refreshing to be in good company while online (no squabbling, no knit-picking - just nice, friendly, people).

There is quit a bit of negativity on the game, but to each his/her own. I thought it was a refreshing change from the typical MMO's out - but then, it appealed very much to my play-style;  story-driven quests, the ability to solo the vast majority of content if you wish,  not a huge time-sink, and an interesting housing/estate system (a game inside the game). My only real "gripe" about G&H was the length and darkness of the evenings (old eyes - that was tough to deal with, even with monitor changes But it was, by no means, a game-breaker).

You're right though, HW is moving in the right direction. The customer support and staff dedication far surpasses any game I've ever played. HW, to me, is like pulling up to the gas station, having someone on duty to pump your gas for you, wash your windows, check under the hood and then give you some exotic little wild-life sticker for your gas-station sticker book. You just don't get service like that any more and they truly do deserve credit for excelling in that area - I also hope they never lose it as it is what really seperated them from every other MMO I've played and could be the very thing that gives them a loyal player-base. 

I hope you have fun when you return to G&H, keep posting so we can all see the progression.

-Ashyn

Originally posted by Ashyn

Originally posted by kevjards

*runs down hill in the dark, trips on sandal laces and slams into tree* 

Heya Kev/Quintor -

Saw your post on the G&H forums that you were taking a little break and then saw it here. I took an involuntary break as well. My CE pre-order ended up with numerous shipping "delays" (more than 3 weeks from release) - it just became too frustrating trying to get the CE in my hands, after 3 weeks I gave up.

I must say, that first week we played (headstart and then release) was fantastic - Spartans really has/had a great group of players - it was refreshing to be in good company while online (no squabbling, no knit-picking - just nice, friendly, people).

There is quit a bit of negativity on the game, but to each his/her own. I thought it was a refreshing change from the typical MMO's out - but then, it appealed very much to my play-style;  story-driven quests, the ability to solo the vast majority of content if you wish,  not a huge time-sink, and an interesting housing/estate system (a game inside the game). My only real "gripe" about G&H was the length and darkness of the evenings (old eyes - that was tough to deal with, even with monitor changes But it was, by no means, a game-breaker).

You're right though, HW is moving in the right direction. The customer support and staff dedication far surpasses any game I've ever played. HW, to me, is like pulling up to the gas station, having someone on duty to pump your gas for you, wash your windows, check under the hood and then give you some exotic little wild-life sticker for your gas-station sticker book. You just don't get service like that any more and they truly do deserve credit for excelling in that area - I also hope they never lose it as it is what really seperated them from every other MMO I've played and could be the very thing that gives them a loyal player-base. 

I hope you have fun when you return to G&H, keep posting so we can all see the progression.

-Ashyn (G&H - Sappho)

thanks m8 for the post.i have been keeping in touch with the forums on G&H ,reading them i mean..nice to see they dropped ther price of the game,should bring a few more in.just waiting for the bug updates and content to go in and i,ll be back..so if it comes next week i,ll be there.this will not be my main game..lotro will always be my main but god's is good enough to play for a few years once everything is in place.anyways cya soon m8.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Though I like what I have read, the game is a ZERO until the price drops to $20 and includes 30 days game time. I have more than enough money to drop on the full $50 price but I know what's worth $50 and what's worth $20 so I'll hold out.

Originally posted by jpnole

Though I like what I have read, the game is a ZERO until the price drops to $20 and includes 30 days game time. I have more than enough money to drop on the full $50 price but I know what's worth $50 and what's worth $20 so I'll hold out.

You missed out.

The boxed standard edition of the game was selling for $19.99 (including 30 days game time) on Amazon.com yesterday as a "deal of the day".

In addition to an across-the-board price reduction to $29.99, recent posts from Heatwave staff indicate that deals like Amazon.com's should be popping up at other retailers over the next few weeks, too.

I'm the fool who paid $50 for it.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by cyrician

Hello

It feels like balders gate if i had to choose a game.

Please don't classify any MMO or frankly any RPG to Baldur's Gate.  This in no way feels like Baldur's Gate.  That is a turn based game and you have full control if you choose of all party members.  This really doesn't feel like any minion game I've played.  STO had tons more variety in abilities, instead everything gets one ability. and its as simplistic of a minion based as you can possibly get.

• VulskoVulsko Member Posts: 80

Baulders Gate is not turned based.

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

And Builders Grate actually had content.

Unfortunatly i have moved on from gods and Hero's , Its a nice game and has nice idea's but couldnt hold my interest though in its defence there arnt really many games out there these days that do just more of the same unfortanly.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

just saw this on steam. Anyone playing this? Is this a quest driven/on rails only style game? I can continue my unlimited free trial in AoC if that's the case. So, for anyone playing..what's the state of this game? I read some other posts..have they implemented some of the things people were waiting for i.e., crafting, pvp, building, etc?

Thanks for the update.

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

The game consists of questing to level 30. At that point, there are two five-player instances. That's really all it has.

If you enjoy questing and appreciate the game's setting, it might be worth it to you just for a month, especially if it's on sale on Steam. Don't expect to find a lot of other players though. Recent reports state there are around a dozen players on during prime time, most of them low level free trial characters.

In the three months since release, Heatwave has managed to fix some annoying bugs. About a month from now, Heatwave plans to add two more questing zones and a couple of instances and raise the level cap to 35. Crafting is on the horizon, possibly by the end of this year, but they've stopped talking about PvP or politics or any other kind of activities.

I'd recommend doing the 7-day free trial first and seeing if you enjoy it. Personally, I regret spending $50 on it when it came out.

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

People, there will not be anything major new in the game anytime soon and I mean in the coming 12 months or more. They are just finishing the 31-25 stuff, but thats not due for another month or more. Then they will have crafting in the coming year or so. Then they hope to have some more hands to do the work on the estate. So, im not gonna spend another 100 or more euro's to just see that coming what other MMO's already have!