Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you want boob physics in your MMORPG?

Comments

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Originally posted by CookieTime

Yes!

Thank you.  I had to go through the thread twice to find it, I couldn't believe that nobody would have posted that.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Zhenocnra

I'll stop you right there since obviously you're getting defensive over a personal attack you assumed was aimed at you. Please feel free to show me where I said "Meowhead is a homophobe" in my previous posts.

And on that note, anyone else want to speak up in defense of their pride because they're assuming I'm talking to them when I clearly never called anyone specifically a homophobe?

L O L

You're painting people who disagree with you as homophobic.

I'm cheerily disagreeing with you.  A lot.

'People who don't want crotch physics are homophobes' is pretty much one of the standard pillars of your argument.

You've used it in more than one post.  If you'd like, I can quote all the times you've conflated disagreeing with you and crotch jiggle with homophobia.

It's a ridiculous argument.  I just though I'd cheerily throw myself in the way of it, because I'm HEROIC that way.  It's really unattractive for somebody to be arguing and keep in dropping in insults involving the thought processes of those who disagree with them.  So how about you stop insinuating things and we just argue the merits of crotch jiggle on its own without homophobia being an issue?

• Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Member CommonPosts: 572

I personally don't give a shit, though I will say proper physics in general are nice to have in an MMO.  So long as game-play is fun the MMO is a winner.  

Full Sail University - Game Design

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394

Originally posted by Bainwalker

I personally don't give a shit, though I will say proper physics in general are nice to have in an MMO.  So long as game-play is fun the MMO is a winner.  

This ^

......and to be honest, tits shouldnt be bouncing about with the correct armor fittings =)  Maybe slightly in cloth....thats really all

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Originally posted by Zhenocnra

Originally posted by SwampRob

For me, it's not about boob physics, it's about consistant physics.   If the animation of a body is moving in a realistic way except for one part, then that part will be noticed as being ...wrong somehow.    So, boob physics should be as realistic as any other part of that particular animation is.

I'm surprised someone actually noticed this compared to the people going "eww no male crotch stuff; only boobies!" LOL! I agree, uniform and consistant all the way through regardless if they're fit or obese, male or female.

I just don't see any jiggle in male crotches. A woman with large breasts and a low cut dress, it's like jello.

A guy  jogging, I don't see discernible movement.

I'm not like "ewwww" I'm like, that's not realistic. Or maybe I'm wrong. Post a youtube video or something that shows what you're talking about. 

Here's a woman with melons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEe46VmpXLw&feature=related

Lol, might want to rephrase that a bit or you may end up with a link to meatspin.

Originally posted by stringboi

Originally posted by Bainwalker

This ^

......and to be honest, tits shouldnt be bouncing about with the correct armor fittings =)  Maybe slightly in cloth....thats really all

Have you SEEN the clothes they cram women into in MMORPGs?  D:

Depending on the game, it's more cleavage and barely supported breasts than a Victoria's Secret walkway show.

Of course 'Should women be wearing clothes where boob physics is even an issue' is actually a whole other question altogether. :D

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

As long as I can turn it off in PvP.  PvP has enough CC! :D

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Yes give me some boob physics!

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

i could really care less.  if i get to the point where i sit in my office for 4 hours and all i'm doing is watching boob phsyics,  I'll log off and go to the lving room and just look at my wifes.

• NeverdyneNeverdyne Member Posts: 167

I say we make this thread as long as possible to show developers what's important in today's MMOs and that we really care about boob physics.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Originally posted by cali59

Originally posted by CookieTime

Yes!

Thank you.  I had to go through the thread twice to find it, I couldn't believe that nobody would have posted that.

Its a good animation that shows physics aren't necessary...or something.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

I think 55.5% of the voters need to get out more. image

• phc_docphc_doc Member Posts: 132

Not at all.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by godzilr1

i could really care less.  if i get to the point where i sit in my office for 4 hours and all i'm doing is watching boob phsyics,  I'll log off and go to the lving room and just look at my wifes.

But you are at the office! You can't just log off and go to the living room lol :P

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Originally posted by godzilr1

But you are at the office! You can't just log off and go to the living room lol :P

Lots of people have their office at home.  Like my dad.

... omg, I hope that wasn't my dad posting. >.<  Mental images I don't need.

• CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by Elikal

If I get cock physics you can get boob physics. Fair is fair.

(Hello Mods, this is satire. Kthxbye.)

You're right, fair IS fair.

So where's my vag physics?

(Hello Mods, this is also satire. Kthxbye.)

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

• koagzkoagz Member UncommonPosts: 13

They should be implemented to add realism. Nothing crazy like taking a tiny step makes them go everywhere..

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Yes I want Boob physics, plus I also want more body diversity, I luv'ed,"The Chronicles of the Spellborn" when it was around to play, as that game let us have a lot more diversity than most,( I don't remember if it had the booby bounce) but the fact that there were not just toons running around looking like they all just came from the gym was a big plus to me,(see links below) I find it a big turn off to see cloned body types everywhere, it's a big misconception that we only like the hard body skinny magazine model types, this type of thinking does for the human psyche what the fashion magazines industry did for women from the 50's to the 90's, we need diversity in games not more cloned conformity and yes the boob bounce and bum bounce, the overweight and underweight are very important to any game that wants to be around for the long time, unless there only in it for a quick buck…

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

In my opinion, the only way there should be "boob physics" is if there is equally sexually stimulating physics used on the male characters.....say "schlong physics" if you must.

Basically my point is....realistic physics for ALL, yes.  Realistic physics that are only meant to appeal to little boys (and men), no.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

While I think it is good that the avatars look as realistic as possible and are all in favor of good animations, this seems like a waste of time, there are other things that are a lot more important to fix in.

For one thing should all jewelry a character have be seen on the avatar. Hair is also more important, animate the hair and make it possible for the character to change hairstyle easily (at least within the same lenght).

There are many better ways to spend that work on. Sure, if you did all those things and got some spare time the dev doing it are free to implement this feature but it is lowest on my list.

• With or without a bra (or other support garment)?  And if its withm how strong is the elastic?

And does sagging come into play.  I mean gravity, ie. a major aspect of physics simulation, tends to cause sagging over time....

...especially since it seems like in games the chicks got no bras and are usually pretty well endowed. 

So one's gotta figure problems should accrue after a certain amount of time playing.  Although maybe if you are a mage you can use some kind of levitation spell to forfend from the knee knocking that would normall eventually occur.

So many unanswered questions.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by gestalt11

With or without a bra (or other support garment)?  And if its withm how strong is the elastic?

And does sagging come into play.  I mean gravity, ie. a major aspect of physics simulation, tends to cause sagging over time....

...especially since it seems like in games the chicks got no bras and are usually pretty well endowed. 

So one's gotta figure problems should accrue after a certain amount of time playing.  Although maybe if you are a mage you can use some kind of levitation spell to forfend from the knee knocking that would normall eventually occur.

So many unanswered questions.

Let me guess, you have worked on the Final fantasy games and Lineage 2?

• bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221

boobs, junks, trunks and ba-dunks.

may all animations be created equal

• Originally posted by just1opinion

In my opinion, the only way there should be "boob physics" is if there is equally sexually stimulating physics used on the male characters.....say "schlong physics" if you must.

Basically my point is....realistic physics for ALL, yes.  Realistic physics that are only meant to appeal to little boys (and men), no.

Come now.  You only need to watch about 3 commercials to realize the ROI on gratuitous visual displays of women's anatomy towards men is far higher than the reverse.  Men are simply more visual in this regard.

Sweeps week works a particular way for a reason.

Now if you wanted to target gay men for your MMO then it might be different and we could start talking about alternate animations.  Targetting women would actually take some, like, thinking and stuff. 

One of the things I never have understood about all these celebrities gettting in trouble for sending images of their schlongs.  A women just doesn't react to that the same way a man does.  WTF would you bother doing that?  Its doesn't get 90% of women all hot bothered the way it would a man.  Sure they probably like the attention, but it doesn't have the instant "stand at attention" so to speak a man would get.  Unless some kind of meaning is attached to it for the women.  The only reason I think guys do this is a) they get hot bothered if a women does it so they assume the same and b) they think they are awesome.  A guy gets some random strange chick sending him a hot picture he is instantly getting going.  Many women in the same situation think the dude is a creep.  Frankly the guy in that situation probably doesn't even care if the girl is some kind of creep.  He probably plans to "coyote" arm it outta there anyway.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I won't lie.

I like it.

Physics is great.

(ps. Check out Vindictus, it's already there)