Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you want boob physics in your MMORPG?

Comments

• ZhenocnraZhenocnra Member UncommonPosts: 40

Originally posted by DanMcC

If you want to get technical: the most movement you would ever see is if the man was shirtless and in very good (or bad) shape. Even if he was wearing a speedo on the beach, you would hardly see anything. Your only hope is, maybe, some loose fitting boxer shorts. — Anyway, I was sort of joking about the protective cup. Sporting men always wear one.

"Hardly" any movement is still movement. Small or little; it doesn't matter. Either way, I covered those "technicalities" in my previous post.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Originally posted by Zhenocnra

"Hardly" any movement is still movement. Small or little; it doesn't matter. Either way, I covered those "technicalities" in my previous post.

"Hardly" as in none.

Hardly is not the same as none though. Yeah, semantics. There's still movement either way so I reference my first post in this thread.

Eye candy or "physics engine" for both genders.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I voted no bevause I dont have a good enough pc for boob physics

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I voted don't care, though I do like boobs and realistic graphics animations.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

Eat me!

• KEVINSTONEKEVINSTONE Member Posts: 6

LOL

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

I recently installed player made bouncing boobs in Fallout NV and I can say I am really very impressed with the effect (mods used: Bouncing Natural Breasts skeleton and animations only, Type 3 body and Type 3 BNB armor conversions).

Female characters don't just look more sexy (especially the gentle swaying whilst walking at a normal pace) but also much more realistic; it makes a big difference when those things obey the laws of physics rather than being static bumps on a torso. (Also type 3 boobs are relatively 'naturally' sized compared to most completely over the top body mods).

So yes, I am in favor. If only for the sake of realism. It might even tone down the absurd exagerated sizes of boobs in some games because the swaying goodness will make them stand out a little more already.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

well, I said "yes" but just because that's how that particular body part works. I also want more moving hair if it is longer, whether male or female. Many asian games have this but for some reason a lot of western games seem to think hair is clay.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • neumneum Member UncommonPosts: 143

I dont care as long as  I can make them big :)

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

Originally posted by Meowhead

Only if the same physics applies to male body parts and male sexual organs for our fair share of eye candy.

To be honest, I don't really stare in the right direction, so maybe the problem is I've just never looked hard enough, but...

I wasn't aware there was nearly the same amount of moving and physics going around with a guy's body parts as there are with a woman's breasts for say... jogging or  sports or something.

Maybe there's been all this male bouncing going on and my brain has just been censoring it this whole time, but maybe it's just guys don't really wear clothes revealing enough (Or have the appropriate level of mass) for it to be a worthwhile application of a physics engine.

LOL I love that, Meowhead :D

• sidhaethesidhaethe Member Posts: 861

I get enough of boob physics in real life, nor have I seen a game present boob physics in a realistic way (that is to say, no expression of discomfort when those jugular pendulums slam up and down with a mere triangle of cloth to support them).

• cippalippacippalippa Member UncommonPosts: 108

best thread ever!

Ofc would like physic-like beahving boobs!

At least instead of fake looking boobs which are the most terrible thingh a woman could ever wear, i would like to keep that image awya from my immagination as far as i can.

In general, good animations are always welcome instead of stiffy and unreal representations.

• NixishNixish Member UncommonPosts: 185

As a female gamer, I voted 'I dont care'

However, as long as we are bringing physics into this, can we please add more armor to female bodies?  I dont think a person in an iron bikini can take as much physical punishment as the average male in their equivalent armor set.

As long as we are being realistic, that is.

• NormikeNormike Member Posts: 436

Boob physics makes about as much sense as making butt physics more realistic. They both jiggle when people move. Many people love big butts, but do we really need animators devoting time to boob and butt jiggle physics? It's kind of... borderline insane?

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 492

They are eyecandy plain and simple designed to up sales and cater to a mostly underage, hormonally driven demographic. There is no point to them beyond erotica. To argue otherwise is silly. Now, being attracted to and to enjoy observing a nice set of tatas is completely natural and all these attempts to cover that up with flowery excuses is pointless. Putting them in is what it is, to make the male players, and respectfully some female players, go all warm and fuzzy.

• XVirrXXVirrX Member Posts: 4

i want fat people physics.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

I don't play games to stare at "boobs" (a childish word.....).

I would imagine that those processor cycles would be better used elsewhere.

Boobs. Boobs. Boobs.

I see nothing wrong with the word, Mr. or Ms. Adult.

And I'm sure you also see nothing wrong with people wearing their pants down around their thighs, their hats on crooked, and jeans that are not only pre-faded, but already have holes in them when they are purchased new ( image)

Maybe I'm an old fart, but this stuff drives me nuts.

t!ts > boobs

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Originally posted by Warzod

They are eyecandy plain and simple designed to up sales and cater to a mostly underage, hormonally driven demographic. There is no point to them beyond erotica. To argue otherwise is silly. Now, being attracted to and to enjoy observing a nice set of tatas is completely natural and all these attempts to cover that up with flowery excuses is pointless. Putting them in is what it is, to make the male players, and respectfully some female players, go all warm and fuzzy.

I do enjoy a nice set of bouncing breasts, and for no other reason than to stimulate the senses as well as the imagination. Which is what gaming is about, having a good time.

That's meant in the least perverted way possible.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Not every MMORPG doesn't allow male characters to go shirtless or take off their pants. WoW, for example, allows male characters to strip to their briefs. From muscular physique to obese (whatever floats your boat), there is muscle movement that could benefit from the same physics as the physics being suggested in the original post.

"Guys don't really wear clothes revealing enough... for it to be a worthwhile application of a physics engine" sounds a lot more like "I'd rather not see my bros go commando and see it in high-def."

The latter part is really true, it's not just me explaining I don't want to see crotch physics.  There's SO many subtle things the body does and... no offense to every other guy out there... (or to women who fantasize otherwise)... the amount of jiggle in a guy's junk is pretty low on the list of 'noticable things the body does' unless you're naked.  If the clothes are too loose, it's concealed, if it's too snug it's... well, keeping things mostly packed away.  They're just not as big as women's breasts (No.  Really.)

Now, I think games could benefit from other noticable things like actual breathing patterns.  Even blinking is more noticable than crotch bulge-shifting physics in general in real life.  Blinking is good.  I wouldn't mind better hair animation too, while we're at it.

... I'd say the Virtua Fighter games do a pretty good job of throwing in subtle, nice animation touches like that.  Flexing muscles WOULD be nice in an MMORPG, but they're not as easy to do, or as obvious in most cases as breasts jiggling.

Also, female breasts >< penises.

One is a secondary sexual characteristic.  If you really want bulging, jiggling crotches on guys, then the proper equivalent would be really lovingly rendered hi-def cameltoe.  (So yeah, I don't really want either of those.)

My vote is for relatively subtle client-side rendered breast physics.  Enough to let you know 'Hey, these are acting approximately like giant lumps of fat should', but client-side, so it can be turned off, and it puts absolutely no stress on the servers.

... and yeah, it would be nice if you could have a little giant lumps of fat bouncing rendered for obese people too.  Fair is fair.  I'm under the impression it would be a little harder to render, since it's not as focused and constrained as breasts are, but let's reach for the stars!  Wobbly belly fat is the new frontier!

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

We haven't had a good MMORPG in a long time.. and even then nothing really "new".

And you boobs want devs to worry about boob physics?

Where's my picard face palm?

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Originally posted by Nixish

As a female gamer, I voted 'I dont care'

However, as long as we are bringing physics into this, can we please add more armor to female bodies?  I dont think a person in an iron bikini can take as much physical punishment as the average male in their equivalent armor set.

As long as we are being realistic, that is.

I agree and I think this is fair. Also boob physics should be limited to thin wear like plate would have no movement (it would look very strange, and already does with some of SC4 characters).

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

You gotta be kidding. Who damn who cares if the pixelbaby on the screen has realistically behaving BOOBS ?

Realistically they are most of the time hidden, unless its a Bioware game and every woman has CUP D giant boobs.

• cerebrixcerebrix Member UncommonPosts: 566

does a bear poop in the woods?

Games i'm playing right now...

"In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea" - Raph Koster talking about NGE on his blog at raphkoster.com