Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you want boob physics in your MMORPG?

IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmtIopU7PM8&feature=player_embedded#at=87

This video compares the boob physics of various games.

Obviously boob physics has been around in video games for a while now. Would you want to see it in your mmo?

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

If I get cock physics you can get boob physics. Fair is fair.

(Hello Mods, this is satire. Kthxbye.)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• OilcanharryOilcanharry Member Posts: 73

I think games would be more realistic and reflect the appearance of the actual player base if the male characters were all big fat guys with man boobs. And had cheeto crumbs on their armor.

Man Of Constant Sorrow

• NeverdyneNeverdyne Member Posts: 167

Boob physics should be implemented in every game. With the technology of today, there's no excuse not to do so; and I believe it would add a vital gameplay element. Truly, you cannot say an MMO is "next generation" unless it implements boob physics. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

(.)(.) yea we want them :P

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

I play SL regularly so of course I likes the boobies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHKd4KVcEJ8&NR=1

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

boob physics ftw

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• wolffinwolffin Member UncommonPosts: 193

yes must have boob physics

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

If it was added (tastefully) as just part of a general realism upgrade in terms of graphics then sure.  Otherwise.....I find it hilarious that what 70% want this, but you think the devs can't make MMORPGs...

I bet if we had jiggly boobs that would encourage more adults and women to play MMORPGs....

No we'd just have more horny teenage boys... which I'm guessing that's what yes votes secretly want.

• Asmiroth20Asmiroth20 Member Posts: 346

Doesn't make a difference since it doesn't really do anything for gameplay.  The guy in me says, "yes", but the gamer in me says, "what's the point in that?"

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Originally posted by Angier2758

If it was added (tastefully) as just part of a general realism upgrade in terms of graphics then sure.  Otherwise.....I find it hilarious that what 70% want this, but you think the devs can't make MMORPGs...

I bet if we had jiggly boobs that would encourage more adults and women to play MMORPGs....

No we'd just have more horny teenage boys... which I'm guessing that's what yes votes secretly want.

Obviously boob physics wins. You can do it in an MMORPG, 'cause i'ts in second life.

Does it slow the game down I wonder?

Like a PvP battle grinds to a halt because of all the boob jiggling calculations going on.

• ZhenocnraZhenocnra Member UncommonPosts: 40

Only if the same physics applies to male body parts and male sexual organs for our fair share of eye candy.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Zhenocnra

Only if the same physics applies to male body parts and male sexual organs for our fair share of eye candy.

To be honest, I don't really stare in the right direction, so maybe the problem is I've just never looked hard enough, but...

I wasn't aware there was nearly the same amount of moving and physics going around with a guy's body parts as there are with a woman's breasts for say... jogging or  sports or something.

Maybe there's been all this male bouncing going on and my brain has just been censoring it this whole time, but maybe it's just guys don't really wear clothes revealing enough (Or have the appropriate level of mass) for it to be a worthwhile application of a physics engine.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

I don't play games to stare at "boobs" (a childish word.....).

I would imagine that those processor cycles would be better used elsewhere.

• ersingibleersingible Member Posts: 70

Heck yes.

I want an whole software engine supporting those puppies!

EDIT: and I want them multithreaded, so each would run on a dedicated CPU core.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 828

Developers need to focus on polishing, content and quality before they waste time on boob physics.

Boob physics should best be left for a patch or expansion.

But think of the potential for cash shop potential boob enhancments. Say that the developers limit all avatars to a B cup size and all other boob enhancements are only available on the cash shop, such as cyber implants...MONEY!!! :P

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

Originally posted by Angier2758

You would be surpised just how many of the older ladies love the breast physics in SL. Yes I am sure it is quite popular with the younger crowd, but many mature players also want their avatars to look as realistic as possible.

Originally posted by Meowhead

To be honest, I don't really stare in the right direction, so maybe the problem is I've just never looked hard enough, but...

I wasn't aware there was nearly the same amount of moving and physics going around with a guy's body parts as there are with a woman's breasts for say... jogging or  sports or something.

Maybe there's been all this male bouncing going on and my brain has just been censoring it this whole time, but maybe it's just guys don't really wear clothes revealing enough (Or have the appropriate level of mass) for it to be a worthwhile application of a physics engine.

Not every MMORPG doesn't allow male characters to go shirtless or take off their pants. WoW, for example, allows male characters to strip to their briefs. From muscular physique to obese (whatever floats your boat), there is muscle movement that could benefit from the same physics as the physics being suggested in the original post.

"Guys don't really wear clothes revealing enough... for it to be a worthwhile application of a physics engine" sounds a lot more like "I'd rather not see my bros go commando and see it in high-def."

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by parrotpholk

What purpose would it serve?  

Thats what I said when someone asked why there was no sex in Skyrim and I got flamed.  I guess people really want their virtual boobs.

Originally posted by DanMcC

But we usually wear protective cups in battle.

Keyword: Usually.

And so? There's still movement everywhere seen on the male body when an adult male jogs, walks, or runs. That includes the crotch area with greater movement depending on what the male is wearing and what kind of material it is.

• waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 504

if you want "boob" physics just go to the mall or swimming pool, why the heck would you want it wasting band width in a game?

The real thing is something to enjoy, dont need it in game. 

Godz of War I call Thee

• brahmabull75brahmabull75 Member Posts: 25

I'm in favor of boob physics, but some games I've seen with it go completely overboard.

Also, I don't think a game should do boob physics unless they also have armor/clothing/hair/etc. If I'm wearing a cape, I want it to flow appropriately when I move. Running forward, swinging a weapon, etc.

All in all, I think ALL avatar physics need an upgrade, so you might as well include boobs. image