Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help... tired of being shot by invisible enemies

Ha.  So I started playing again.  Just as much a newbie as my inital two weeks over a year ago.  My probelm is that I keep constantly dying and I almost never see the shooters.  I have all of the graphics maxed, which isn't saying much but I see nothing.  No flash, no rounds, no nothing, just instant death.  Can someone for the love of WW2Online, give me some basic movement and spotting tips?  Ha I like the game but hate dying to mystery killers. 

I even try to move with cover but it does not help!  Also, when i hear the "whoosh", does that mean someone is shooting at me?  Even when I'm in a building with no windows?

Comments

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116

Best advice  I can give is stay low and stick to cover as much as possible. Make your moves in small sprints  over a short distance and try to plan your approach. Other than that all I can say is dont sweat it there are guys who can hit you at 400 and out with a iron sight and they look at the lay of the land just like you will and set up to cover those paths into town.

I never worried about the guys with the scopes but the guys with that huge arse ATR that can pop you from a mile off lol.Again slow and low keep your movement in the open to a minimum.

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

Don``t forget binos.  If someone`s been following you with binoculars and see which bush you stop in, they`ll blindly shoot into that bush.  Try and stop in bush groups when  you can move around a bit.

Not so bad now, but in the old ways with lots of only individual bushes around it could be really nasty.  And btw, there are people who pixel hunt (do it in Red Orchestra also), not much else to do while sitting in the house waiting for inf to come in.  So lying down with your head sticking out of a bush will also get you in trouble.

On the bad side of the bush, with all the bushes now, the enemy could very well be behind you also.  Far enough away to not be heard, close enough to pick you off.  I`ve seen enemies run right past each other going opposite directions in the same bush line.  One well to tell a bit is where could the shot have possibly come fromÉ  If you`re safe in all directions except one, no matter how unlikely the enemy is to be there, if you`re dead chances are it came from that dir.

Also on bushes, what you see isn`t what he sees.  Notice as things get further away their shapes change to simpler forms.  So that big fat bush you are in is a 2d bush to someone else.  It`s made so it should still cover you (it didn`t at one time which caused much grief) but no guarentee.  Also could be the case where he is able to see out of a bush, but the 2D version totally hides him to you.

BTW if you`re coming in from a MSP, it`s pretty much a turkey shoot unless you control that side of the city so don`t even think about stopping not totally hidden.

And one last general rule, you see everything that can see you.  If you get a nice spot that looks over 180 degrees, that`s 180 degrees of potentlal enemies looking at you.  So while you slowly look for enemies along that arc with your binoes, you`ve got all that looking at you. If it`s hot combat, much better to get a spot where you can view 10 degrees at a time, check that for enemies and then move a little to view another 10 deg.