Comments

• joseph567joseph567 St.Louis, MOMember CommonPosts: 51

Don't do the Crime if you can't do the Time.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Waterloo, NYMember UncommonPosts: 1,847

Awesome idea.

• IronfungusIronfungus Florence, AZMember Posts: 519

Originally posted by joseph567

Sometimes you do the time despite not doing the crime. 

• TorgrimTorgrim GothenburgMember Posts: 2,088

Old news, been posted before.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• EndDreamEndDream orange county, CAMember Posts: 1,152

... except this is in China and many people are in prison for unjust reasons

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• lschneiflschneif OpladenMember Posts: 43

1. This news is too old!

2. This news has been proved to be a unreal news.

3. If you're a gold buyer, and if you really got the gold farmed by the prisoners, that means you won't be banned by Blizzard, because the gold is safe.

• ComanComan Hattem, AKMember UncommonPosts: 2,166

Yes....because if poeple did not buy gold these prisoners could have stayed in a 5 star resort....really they seem to be getting the good end of the stick. I am pretty sure they would have done worse jobs then gaming if they did not had to game all day.

• jerkbeastjerkbeast Ridgecrest, CAMember UncommonPosts: 247

Originally posted by EndDream

there are more people in prison in the U.S. than any other country in the world....I'm sure a lot of them are there for unjust reasons as well (in fact I KNOW a lot of them are there for unjust reasons.) so don't act like china is worse then the "FREE" country know as the United States of America.

• BladestromBladestrom edinburghMember UncommonPosts: 5,001

Not to mention maintaining an illegal prisoner camp in a country where they can 'bypass' human rights and torture.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• ErifNevowErifNevow Pasadena, MDMember Posts: 97

Originally posted by jerkbeast

there are more people in prison in the U.S. than any other country in the world....I'm sure a lot of them are there for unjust reasons as well (in fact I KNOW a lot of them are there for unjust reasons.) so don't act like china is worse then the "FREE" country know as the United States of America.

Yes, but our government does not throw people in jail for speaking out. A LOT of prisoners in China did nothing wrong, whereas with us its about 40%. Which, with any justice system, is unavoidable.

And this news is pretty old.

Newb= Newly Enrolled Wannabe Badass.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower RdamMember Posts: 1,245

You think your free in US thats a illusion my friend, keep dreaming:p

• CzelawCzelaw Florence, KYMember UncommonPosts: 173

Side note....My old linkshell on FFXI used to camp RMT's and steal there rare drop mobs just to piss them off...ah those were the days lol

• OmiragOmirag Pittsburgh, INMember UncommonPosts: 272

Look up wiki leaks and manning. He is in jail for speaking out against the US. We are just the same as everyone else. We are just better at hiding it.

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297

You KNOW? Pray tell how you KNOW.

• jjjk29jjjk29 Nashville, TNMember Posts: 295
  • NightAngellNightAngell londonMember Posts: 566

Originally posted by Groovydutch

You think your free in US thats a illusion my friend, keep dreaming:p

That's the point of his post hence the word 'FREE' in caps,he is being sarcastic .

You really have a problem understanding what people are talking about. First it's 'The War In The North' game and you thinking it's lotro and now this lol.

Read before you post..

• JimmacJimmac TXMember UncommonPosts: 1,667

A quote from an unnamed official chinese source in response to a mmorpg journalist:

There were those of us who fought against it, but in the end we could not keep up with the expense involved in the xp race, the spamming race, and the phishing race. At the same time our people grumbled for more content and more macro programs. Our prisoner gold farming scheme cost us just a small fraction of what we had been spending on civilian gold farming in a single year. The deciding factor was when we learned that your country was working along similar lines, and we were afraid of a gold farming gap.

The American gold farming economy has got to keep up with this threat. We cannot allow a gold farming gap! Call your representative today and demand that our prisoners be put to work gold farming every western mmo there is. 

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

• luciusETRURluciusETRUR Lewisville, TXMember Posts: 442

Pretty funny you have a beef with people buying WoW gold because of a scandal like this, try looking at the Diamond business. Moving on.

• OilcanharryOilcanharry Marionville, MOMember Posts: 73

I wonder if they are in the Stockades in Stormwind?

Man Of Constant Sorrow

• stragen001stragen001 ReadingMember UncommonPosts: 1,720

Anyone that buys gold from farmers is just as guilty as the prison guards. If people didnt buy it, there would be no market. PLEASE dont buy from gold farmers - you are just perpetuating the cycle. And its Cheating.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Originally posted by Yoottos'Horg

You KNOW? Pray tell how you KNOW.

I know people that have been arrested for Marijuana which shouldn't be illegal since it is a victimless crime, but besides that we have people constantly being detained for being "terrorists" and even those of us that aren't in jail are less, and less free every day. have you tried to fly on a plane recently? the TSA will grope you, or look at you naked (your choice) we are no longer free, and china is going to bury us. ahh well I'm just going to watch it burn. :)

• HardwareDCHardwareDC Chicago, ILMember UncommonPosts: 59

I'm more concerned with the 3yrs hard labor for "petitioning the governemnt"....wow

• HyrimHyrim VeniceMember Posts: 22

This piece of news may very well explain two of the great misteries puzzling the MMORPG industry:

It explains why I always had the feeling that themepark gameplay mechanics got that slight touch of sadic punishment in it..

And it also explains where those millions WoW subs come from..

• ShojuShoju Hicksville, NYMember UncommonPosts: 776

At least they get to play MMOs all day.

Originally posted by Shoju

At least they get to play MMOs all day.

have you ever farmed in a game because you needed enough gold for something? I wouldn't consider that "playing"