Something F2P... or worth P2P at least..

tocooljimtocooljim Las Vegas, NVMember Posts: 2

Well... I know that the current state of MMOs is well... poor.  I am wondering if something maybe fell through the cracks that I missed. 

Ive played:

Eve - 4 years

Wow - 2 years

EQ2- Hated it

Vindictus - got boring

AoC - Got to level 40... Felt like there was a loss of content.

and a few others but never extensivilly

What I am looking for basically... PvE, PvP, Not a giant grind, good population. 

Fantasy, sci-fi, im all ears. Id love a F2P game but im open to any P2P or Onetime Buys. 

Does anything like this exsist

Comments

• bleyzwunbleyzwun West Orange, NJMember UncommonPosts: 1,087

Wish I could help you, but I'm in the same boat.  There is nothing worth playing at the moment.  I've been trying to find a good f2p game with pvp but there isn't really anything.  I might give AoC another try now that it's kinda f2p, but I didn't enjoy it too much the first time. 

I'm kinda interested in Dragon's Nest because of the action style.  I was kinda interested in Forsaken World until I saw it was stand still and attack.  Same with Aika.   Would be great to find a F2P with good PvP, but I just can't find one.  It seems like there is absolutely nothing worth playing right now.  Either we gotta go back to old games, or no MMOs until the next batch comes out. 

Maybe someone will answer your question with something I never heard of and help me out too. lol

• SequenceLostSequenceLost Harrisburg, PAMember UncommonPosts: 198

could give APB-Reloaded a shot.  Its F2P, still in beta at the moment, but overall G1 has done a pretty good job at making the game what it should have been originally.

www.gamersfirst.com/apb

• dazedconfusedazedconfuse Lone Grove, OKMember Posts: 67
    You two guys tried vanguard?
  • Dru72Dru72 NorthamptonMember Posts: 57

There's 2 I'm in and out of playing at the moment.

Crimecraft Bleedout

Lots of pvp and a fair balance of pve. Some missions can be undertaken in pve or pvp mode. The crafting system is decent too, depending on what profession you choose (Gunsmith,Tailor,Engineer and Chemist) each has distinct advantages and most items made can be used to benefit yourself.

Return of Warrior

A F2P action based mmorpg. RoW online is basically a remake of RYL (Risk Your Life) 1 & 2.
    Graphics are under par to other games but so far game play seems good. You're able to easily switch between keyboard and mouse mode. Combat seems okish so far but I've played briefly for an hour. But give it a look yourself.

Whatever you decide on, have fun and enjoy ;)

Fallen Earth is also another good one to look into, tried it a while back for a couple of days, Very sandbox feel to it and a huge world to explore

• tocooljimtocooljim Las Vegas, NVMember Posts: 2

Well so far I have been unsucessful ;(

Fallen Earth I really didnt enjoy, nor did I enjoy vanguard.  APB just felt really really repeditive.

I think im out of options lol. Anything in the works that might give me hope?

• EladiEladi ArnhemMember UncommonPosts: 1,109

CO - low grind (reaching max is fairly easy) and a fun game for atleast a while,  pvp is fun tho like any game gets repeative.

AoC- not sure howfar they are now whit the whole going f2p - 1-80 for free and choise out of some good classes, pvp is good but the game is a huge grind to max level 2-3 weeks 8 hours a day.  those whitout the expansion (or f2p cashshop acces pass) to the expansion will have a gear offset tho since the expansion hold the best stuff.

other then that and the stuff you tried i cant realy recoment anyting that might be fun for a while, lots out there but all meh meh..

• KarahandrasKarahandras Sible HedinghamMember UncommonPosts: 1,698

I quite liked bounty bay, not too much grind, both pve and pvp, last time i played had a decent pop and i think they've opened up more servers since.  It's also f2p