Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hellgate: Open Beta Begins Tonight

2»

Comments

• IronfungusIronfungus Member Posts: 519

I'm not trying to troll around, but I mean...there had better be some SIGNIFICANT improvements to the game to warrant any required money.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Originally posted by kishe

Cant believe the drama on the forums over one time fee of 4$

I guess most are just butthurt kids without access to creditcard...aka people i can game without

I already wasted 50$ on the original, just throwing money away isn't my idea of "well spent", even if it's just 4$...

If it were free I might have tried it to see if anything improved, but I'm not paying fees on top of intrusive MT.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• plaxidiaplaxidia Member UncommonPosts: 171

How exactly do people think companies survive? You all do realize they have to have money to run the game? LOL.. The sheer stupidity of people sometimes astounds me..

• genclaymoregenclaymore Member UncommonPosts: 44

Originally posted by ciid

As far as i know its 4 dollars per ticket.Each ticket is good for one chapter and theres 6 chapters in total.So 24 bucks to play a 5 year old game that failed.Ill spend my money on the steam sale.

{mod edit} I just said the tickets was 4 dollars and tied to your account and its only a one time fee. The tickets are for all the chapters after Act 2. Your not  buying a ticket for each chapter.

I make this simple for you. You buy one ticket for 4 dollars. Then you use it in your inv. Then after that,it is tied to your game account. So all the characters you make. Can all go into Act 3 and beyond and you can play the whole game. The ticket are unlimited and you only need one for the account.

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

Originally posted by plaxidia

How exactly do people think companies survive? You all do realize they have to have money to run the game? LOL.. The sheer stupidity of people sometimes astounds me..

Apparently not. They want MMO companies to act like charity. People would complain about spending 4 bucks, some people are just that cheap.

• genclaymoregenclaymore Member UncommonPosts: 44

Also if you dont like the item store or whats in it simple either dont buy from the store or dont play. Then I dont have to see you moaning in the chat about what you dont like. I was also a orginal hellgate player. I take the 4 dollars over the elite account thing flagship had.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

directly quote from the item shop and paying for content announcement.

1.     Premium Item Sale (Cash Shop)

Cash shops are shops that let you access a wide variety of premium items that may boost your character's performance or enhance the quality of service you can get (buffs, modified exps, etc - depending on which premium service you did apply). Mostly the items in the cash shop

are not dropped by monsters nor sold at NPC Shops.

JUst in case no one saw that, I don't have a problem with paying for content, I have a problem with that P2W cash shop

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

So...a few years back when this launched, I had installed it on my PC and tried to play.  All I ever got was sound and a black screen.  No help via their support either.  Uninstalled the game and it shortly thereafter was shut down.  I'm thinking ok, it probably wasn't worth playing.

This year, I see some vids and think , ooh, FTP I'll get to finally try it this time, new PC and all that.  Downloaded the client last night, installed and.....error, some of the files for installation seem to be corrupt.  Please download again.  I wouldn't have minded if it was a 5 minute download but it took an hour or more to DL and install. 

What would you have done?

I removed every last vestige of this "game" from my PC and left my room in disgust and went to bed, vowing to never touch or try again.  Funny, I had this same problem with the client for Chronicles of the Spellborn.  If a company can't make a decent client download these days, then that doesn't say much for the game or developers.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by elocke

So...a few years back when this launched, I had installed it on my PC and tried to play.  All I ever got was sound and a black screen.  No help via their support either.  Uninstalled the game and it shortly thereafter was shut down.  I'm thinking ok, it probably wasn't worth playing.

This year, I see some vids and think , ooh, FTP I'll get to finally try it this time, new PC and all that.  Downloaded the client last night, installed and.....error, some of the files for installation seem to be corrupt.  Please download again.  I wouldn't have minded if it was a 5 minute download but it took an hour or more to DL and install. 

What would you have done?

I removed every last vestige of this "game" from my PC and left my room in disgust and went to bed, vowing to never touch or try again.  Funny, I had this same problem with the client for Chronicles of the Spellborn.  If a company can't make a decent client download these days, then that doesn't say much for the game or developers.

Its a truism.. but.. those who do not learn from their past mistakes, are doomed to repeat them... i think this is probably one of those games that needs time to cook..... though its previous history is mostly sunny side down and burnt image

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by momodig

do we pay the 4$ to get into open beta? if so is the item shop online WWW or in the actual game? I have now problem playing 4$ aswell.

You don't have to pay to get into the beta. I played for a few hours yesterday and haven't paid anything. Not sure if the item shop opens a browser or not, I didn't look at it yet sorry.

Enjoying the game so far, I still have no idea what type of content there is ultimately. But the classes are fun, UI is functional and intuitive, and character customization is decent.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• plaxidiaplaxidia Member UncommonPosts: 171

Downloaded the whole game in 30 min and installed flawlessly.. Not sure what caused your corrupted files but it could be a number of things completely unrelated to the game.. Also its a different company running the game now and the GM's on the forums are pretty helpful and /shock give out information regularly..

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

People are upset over a 4 dollar transaction? For content? They changed from F2P? No they didn't. What F2P game that used to be p2p doesn't have a transaction for more content. Lotro, ddo, APB, I am pretty sure AOC will too. They call warhammer F2P and have you locked out at what level 10? It's not a bad deal, it is free to play, until a certain level, then you pay a whole 4 dollars! I could find 4 dollars in change on the ground in about an hour if I tried even semi hard. People are so cheap now a days. Did anyone see the amount people used to pay to play NWN on aol?

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Panther2103

People are upset over a 4 dollar transaction? For content? They changed from F2P? No they didn't. What F2P game that used to be p2p doesn't have a transaction for more content. Lotro, ddo, APB, I am pretty sure AOC will too. They call warhammer F2P and have you locked out at what level 10? It's not a bad deal, it is free to play, until a certain level, then you pay a whole 4 dollars! I could find 4 dollars in change on the ground in about an hour if I tried even semi hard. People are so cheap now a days. Did anyone see the amount people used to pay to play NWN on aol?

There's also a cash shop for buffs and boosted EXP, I quoted a phase from their newsletter from my  post above =

I don't have a problem with paying for content, but not paying for power.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• BiffumusBiffumus Member Posts: 19

Can't buy credit in piles of less than $5.

And what about hardcore mode, and bank space, and the same endless lag spikes the original game was plagued with?  The forums are loaded with concerned about all that and being nickeled and dimed to death.

• KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

All these people "worried" about $4 transactions and the option to expand what is already a functional storage space(maybe) should probably stick to all the other "quality" f2p games already available...you know, the ones that arnt Pay 2 Win....like...ummm....uhhh.........  hmmm? For what its worth, the things in the cash shop are almost solely conveniance items....you dont need a 30 second speed boost, but they are there if you want them. You dont need to boost your shields by x amount for y seconds, but you have the option. I was afraid the loot and xp and money drops would be so nerfed you need the cash shop, but if anything its way higher than the origional game. If you are gonna complain about $4 for all this game is, then im pretty sure the community is better off without you.

• Killswitch34Killswitch34 Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Originally posted by kishe

Cant believe the drama on the forums over one time fee of 4$

I guess most are just butthurt kids without access to creditcard...aka people i can game without

I already wasted 50$ on the original, just throwing money away isn't my idea of "well spent", even if it's just 4$...

If it were free I might have tried it to see if anything improved, but I'm not paying fees on top of intrusive MT.

Its in open beta, go try it out. :)

Karasu Linkshell for Final fantasy 14 now accepting all members! Just head on over to karasuls.shivtr.com and apply now! Linkshell info is on the site. :)

• BiffumusBiffumus Member Posts: 19

You have to pay real money to use half of the slots on each of your weapons.  This means gimped play all the way through.