Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ipad verse Android tablet || any major differences? What about proformance?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Ipad verse Android tablet || any major differences? What about performance?

1) When patching is done, does the Ipad uses get the patch first, or do both Ipad and Android users get the patches at the same time?

2) Does the game run better on Ipad, than upper Android Tablets?

3) Do Android and Ipad users play on the same server with each other, or different server?

4) How has Android Honeycomb effected OnC?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• TortimerTortimer Member UncommonPosts: 113

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Ipad verse Android tablet || any major differences? What about performance?

1) When patching is done, does the Ipad uses get the patch first, or do both Ipad and Android users get the patches at the same time?

The first major updste was this week and iOS got it first and Android is still waiting. 

2) Does the game run better on Ipad, than upper Android Tablets?

I have a ipad 2 but it runs great a lot better then my iphone 4 which run O&C just fine.  I don't have the list but I think there is only a couple Android tablets that can run O&C currently.  I think they plan on adding more but who knows how long that might take.

3) Do Android and Ipad users play on the same server with each other, or different server?

Currently they play on separate servers with the same names and supposedly will be merged soon.

4) How has Android Honeycomb effected OnC?

Not sure but I believe Honeycomb doesn't run O&C yet but I could be wrong.  I believe the Samsung tablets are the only ones that can run O&C currently.

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288

I know this thread is a few months old, but I just wanted to say that with the way Gameloft is with their games they only make them available to Hardware they've tested them on.  That being said the newer, dual-core tablets should be able to run the game just fine and I personally would put my money on any Android Tablet with a nVidia Tegra Dual-Core Proccessor in terms of gaming performence, but that's just because nVidia is known for gaming.  No real evidence to back the claim up with as I've not used any of the tablets.