Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Dungeon Crawling at the EA Showcase

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,036MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Next week marks the EA Showcase in San Francisco and it's one that fans of The Secret World are anxiously awaiting. It will mark the first time that The Secret World has shown a live dungeon experience for their game to anyone outside the company. In today's The Secret World Column, Managing Editor Bill Murphy speculates about what attendees (like's Carolyn Koh!) might see.

We've confirmed it with Funcom and I think we're all going to be waiting with bated breath because next week we will finally get to see not only some pure unadulterated gameplay but also the first ever live demo of a dungeon for The Secret World. We can only speculate what it is we will see, but we are sending our own Carolyn Koh to the event in San Francisco, so we'll have folks on hand to peep what it's all about (not to mention any Old Republic news too).

Read more of Bill Murphy's The Secret World: Dungeon Crawling at the EA Showcase.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon

I'll definately be keeping an eye out for that article next week. I'm one of those that are dying for some information on this.

I love Funcoms visual style and combat mechanics so this game should be a gem as long as they can apply the experience they've gained through Age of Conan. Not to mention the setting of the game, that's the icing on the cake.

• BunnykingBunnyking NowherePosts: 117Member Uncommon

Can't wait

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick WonderlandPosts: 7,619Member

Finally, will definitely keep an eye out for info and footage about this :D

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• EvilGeekEvilGeek londonPosts: 1,227Member Uncommon

Excellent looking forward to seeing what they have in store for dungeon content

• elistrangeelistrange Louisville, KYPosts: 157Member

I am hyped for this game. I love the concept and the atmosphere. I can see myself easily falling in deep love with this game. Of course, if it sucks then...I will keep playing EVE. 

Currently Play: ?
    Occasionally Play: Champions, Pirates of the Burning Sea, WOW, EVE ONLINE

• FeydawayFeydaway Brea, CAPosts: 122Member

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin SoCal, CAPosts: 3,033Member

I am anticipating this game. A breath of fresh-air of a non-cartoonish, non-fantas, but one that has 3-factions involved with myth, conspiracy theory and urban legend.

• garrygarry Birmingham, ALPosts: 263Member

I am already committed to SWTOR - I will buy it and play it. TSW is next on my list and I have already decided to buy and play it UNLESS - the upcoming info shows it to have the following flaws (for me personally only) - PvP centric/arcade-fps style combat. I freely admit I am a PVE/solo type of player with RP as much as I can added. If you can play it on a console with a joystick I will go on my old fashioned fuddy duddy way, and take my money with me.

Having said that I am eagerly looking forward to this game, a lot. As a LONG time (I am 65 yrs old and a retired game designer) fan of Sherlock, Poirot, Miss Marple, Jessica Fletcher, Columbo may see why my wallet and interest are ready. I will carefully follow the info released at EA Showcase from any source and will wait for coverage. My interest on the Homepage of TSW said I was a Dragon type. CHAOS FIRST!

• ShmawShmaw Edmonton, ABPosts: 85Member

Having read much of lovecraft's work, I am very excited to give this game a try.  I think throwing in team based puzzles into instances is a great idea, overall I see this game as having a great atmosphere...if they don't screw it all up!

• ZandalfDJsZandalfDJs San Diego, CAPosts: 16Member
    Like Garry, I'm sold on SWTOR. I'll certainly be watching the media around TSW however I'm a tad hesitant to purchase given my experience with Funcom's previous title AoC.
  • LyramLyram Oakland, CAPosts: 8Member

Funny.  I can't find information about the EA Showcase next week.  Werit, a WAR blogger, had posted that there was going to be some sort of (minor) WAR announcement on 7/6.  Maybe that'll be at the showcase.  Is this an industry/press only event?  

• KusigaKusiga Orlando, FLPosts: 48Member

Yes yes can't wait!

• MillbargeMillbarge Tampa, FLPosts: 46Member

Can't wait to see more about this!

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."