Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: 4.2 is WoW D

Comments

• nordyanordya Member Posts: 82

When cata hit, I started my blood elf warrior and it was awesome at first experiencing the old world, I set out to go after achievements, to give you an idea, I'm now level 83, 40% away from lvl 84 and I'm in Zul'drak...

But yes, I feel the burn out all ready, going in, do quests, do dailies (grinded Shattered Sun, Netherwing and Ogri'la), I don't know what to think about the game now, part of me likes it, part of me wants to go back to FFXI, even starting it all over again to re-experience the awesome storylines there. 

I look at 4.2 with apprehension, not sure I will make it through the patch, the only thing keeping me on WoW is a couple of really good friends, but even that has its limit.

• altairraltairr Member UncommonPosts: 81

Sorry, but I am more dissapointed from wow then I am excited... Its still getting worser, and much things are getting same as they were before.

• Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Member Posts: 233

Funny thing is WoW so desperatly pushes raiding on its players but I've never truely been interested in raiding. I find it to be a chore getting into those huge groups and as such I have only been a part of one or two raids. If WoW started launching a new type of end game I'd be more happy. Yah they have PvP but I don't always want to pvp.

I have the itch to go back and play my Dwarf warlock or my wargen priest but the truth is I'm also debating EVE because it has minor avatar support now and to be honest I've been waiting years for EVE to do that.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

For me it is not the grinding itself because every game has grind of some sort, but rather the kind of grind WoW offers. Grind points to buy gear, not out there in the world looking for gear = fail (for me)... that is NOT a mmorpg.

• naraku209naraku209 Member Posts: 226

Originally posted by Yavin_Prime

Funny thing is WoW so desperatly pushes raiding on its players but I've never truely been interested in raiding. I find it to be a chore getting into those huge groups and as such I have only been a part of one or two raids. If WoW started launching a new type of end game I'd be more happy. Yah they have PvP but I don't always want to pvp.

I have the itch to go back and play my Dwarf warlock or my wargen priest but the truth is I'm also debating EVE because it has minor avatar support now and to be honest I've been waiting years for EVE to do that.

Too bad raiding was and is WoW's niche. they have un parrelled boss mechanics and it seems to be a lot tougher bringing back that old BC feeling we've all missed. I think the renew of ragnaros is an attempt to bring back some old players to the game. 

as EVE goes.. too bad they are implementing a item shop to buy stuff that makes you better than everyone with real money. like instant skill queues and such.. No thanks. 

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by naraku209

Originally posted by Yavin_Prime

Too bad raiding was and is WoW's niche. they have un parrelled boss mechanics and it seems to be a lot tougher bringing back that old BC feeling we've all missed. I think the renew of ragnaros is an attempt to bring back some old players to the game.

I agree that raiding is WoW's main draw. So much so that it does seem that Blizzard is trapped in an endless cycle of constant raid addition. I got out of the game 6 months ago to this burnout so I'm not surprised at seeing others, like the author if this article, feeling the same.

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

Back to Rift for me 1.3 looks alot better than this re-hash :/

• sanman7890sanman7890 Member Posts: 96

You mention at the end if players will be willing to come back just for the gear grind, however, in RIFT the end game is basically identical to WoW, you grind for gear day in and day out.  Most raiding guilds also use DKP, like many do in WoW.  Also in RIFT all the endgame 5 mans are the same ones you played while leveling, so you don't really get new content till the (with the new patch) 3 twenty mans and the single 10 man.

I just left RIFT to play WoW for the first time seriously, and, well, their endgames are very similar.

• sanman7890sanman7890 Member Posts: 96

Originally posted by Warbs

Back to 1.3 which is just a rehash of River of Souls?  You get a new raid with new dailies and new bosses and new gear, and a new rare drop mount.  Beyond mages getting some good fixes and the guild bank (which isn't active yet), what is in 1.3 that isn't similar to what is in the new patch for WoW?

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by Warbs

You'd be wrong.  Firelands is not rehashed content.   It is not Molten Core, redone.

• WilliacWilliac Member Posts: 212

What did you expect? The game has run for such a long time, the lore is nearly depleted. The game is a shell of what it ones represented. There's nothing even close to Warcraft in WoW anymore.

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

you guys are bringing the light the long known fact that this game is an endless gear/rep grind that gets started anew every so often from a patch or xpac....ITS BEEN THAT WAY SINCE THE BEGINNING.  YOUR ALL JUST GETTING IT NOW ?!?!?!??!?!    Get over it...move on...find a new game.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Originally posted by sanman7890
    Originally posted by Warbs Back to Rift for me 1.3 looks alot better than this re-hash :/    
    Back to 1.3 which is just a rehash of River of Souls?  You get a new raid with new dailies and new bosses and new gear, and a new rare drop mount.  Beyond mages getting some good fixes and the guild bank (which isn't active yet), what is in 1.3 that isn't similar to what is in the new patch for WoW?

the guild bank is active on my server (belmont). not quite sure what ur issue is. everything works fine and has been for a week

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by Turdinator

I grinded dailies up to exalted for my Shattered Sun title. Grinded dailies up to get my Argent Tournament mount.  

I'm "dailied" out.

It gets worse too.  Think of how many people started new characters because of Blizzard's ever changing mind on balance.  Try doing the same dailies on multiple characters because the one you played got mechanics changed or nerfed badly.  Knowing you can't get back to where you were in current content of dailies for weeks.  I did that with argent tourney dailies.  I hate jousting with a passion.  I was exalted with Shattered Sun for the same reason.  Do that for a few expansions.  Enough to drive a person insane.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

4.2 can't fix the horrible expansion.  Watch the subs decline when some of these upcoming big MMO's release.  Blizzard has stubbed it's toe big time and little patches won't fix the fundemental flaws with the game at present.

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437

These really need an edit feature.  "I was exalted with Shattered Sun for the same reason."  was meant to be "I was exalted with Shattered Sun on two characters for the same reason."  And, it was not because I loved how poorly the mechanics(guards) worked on the Isle of Quel. 

• trembulanttrembulant Member Posts: 101

The answer is simple - if you have been playing WOW for 5 years and it's getting boring?

It's time to do something else - done. There's your answer.

Imo playing the same game for 5 years  is about as much as a life waster as hanging yourself.

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

I am still playing WoW though sparsely as I have grown weary of it all. I have been with WoW since it released though I have ventured to other games here and there. This patch really does nothing for me. In the past I would be eager to get home to sample the next big patch but right now I'm thinking....eh.

I use to raid heavily in vanila so the idea of seeing Rag again definitely is not motivating. I saw him so many times in the past it's beyond ridiculous to think I want to see him again. It was back then when BC came that I finally said 'I'm raiding just to raid again. I raid for gear just to raid some more to replace it. This is stupid.' Course some like that so more power to them. But I just pvp mainly now. At least it's different based on who you face *shrugs*

Even the RP has grown dull so now they want to try and focus on story? Probably a bit late. If I run into another druid rping a freaking cat I'm going to drown them in catnip. So yeah even that is stale. It's just been way too long. Hopefully the future games give us more options than we have presently.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Originally posted by trembulant

The answer is simple - if you have been playing WOW for 5 years and it's getting boring?

It's time to do something else - done. There's your answer.

Imo playing the same game for 5 years  is about as much as a life waster as hanging yourself.

I find that sort of sad. I expect to play the same Online RPG for at least 5 years. If I'm not going to be playing the game for at least a year, I don't even bother. What is the point of playing six or seven MMORPGS that are nearly identical over the span of 5 years? Is it even possible to get to know other players, or is that notion obsolete?

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

When I get to the point of the game where my options consist of dailies and raids, my intrest wains very quickly. I'm afraid I take the term "Endgame" too literaly.  I'm more of a play for the journey not the destination kind of guy. The problem I have with WoW is that even the journey has become dull now. There still isn't a game out there that gives me the same pick up and play let's go questing buzz that WoW does. Despite all the clones it's still the most polished and content full game on the market. We really need something better or I feel this genre of games is going under. That's my opinion only and apreciate not everybody will share it. Nobody seems to quest to level anymore. The world seemed spookily empty outside the capital city the last time I played it. Everybody was in the bg's or dungeon finder. Don't know if that's across the board or was just the server I was playing on.

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

poor Blizz with all the money they making and all they can give WoW's endgame is the chase the carrot on the stick

the day this cash cow dies is the day mmo's will finally be free

long live ArcheAge, GW2 and SW: ToR

and here's to WoD and EQ3 not being all about the item/cash store and actually being great sandbox mmo's

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by NeVeRLiFt

poor Blizz with all the money they making and all they can give WoW's endgame is the chase the carrot on the stick

the day this cash cow dies is the day mmo's will finally be free

long live ArcheAge, GW2 and SW: ToR

and here's to WoD and EQ3 not being all about the item/cash store and actually being great sandbox mmo's

By the looks of things WoD is going to be all about the cash shop.

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

Originally posted by Nizur

WotLK also drew me back in for a bit. When Cata hit, I also made it to 85, joined a big raiding guild and promptly got bored to tears. 4.1 hit and I knew I had had enough, so I quit again. 4.2 doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Same here.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• allikoalliko Member UncommonPosts: 99

My biggest issue with the new patch is although I love to raid with a team I hate to quest, and this new patch forces me to go back and re-do all the previous cata chains in various zones to be granted access to the firelands' ones. I really really do not want to do this on all 4 of my lvl 85 raiders.  So now I am kinda stuck and have little motivation to go and do all of this. I do not see why they would have done this. Making one go back and do 85/115 hyjal quests just to access the new content is ridiculous. ... Especially as I lvled in Vash'jr.

Currently Playing: D3-ROS
    Previously played: WoW, Tera, SWTOR, TSW, Rift, Defiance, GW2, Aion, LotRO, Rapplez, RoM, Dofus, LC, Requiem, WoKF, PW, etc
    Waiting on: Wildstar

• jjjk29jjjk29 Member Posts: 295

Blizzard can careless about how many subs it loses.  That game could support itself on half a million subs.