Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Latest Patch Coming Today

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,112MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The Warhammer Herald has been updated with the news that North American and European servers will be taken down today to deploy the 1.4.3 patch. The new patch will bring the Sigmartide two week live event into game as well as new RvR accessory sets, name changes and the 'scenario shakeup'.

Scenario Shakeup

The battle has shifted!  With the advent of 1.4.3, the lineup of the Scenarios has once again shifted.  A number of old scenarios are making their return, some are retiring for the moment, and others are shifting tiers.   The line-up is based on player feedback from our Dev Discussions in the forums, so be sure to vote for the next batch of scenarios!  For a full list of the new line-up, see the RVR section.

Read the patch overview on the Warhammer Herald.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• elockeelocke Manassas, VAPosts: 4,219Member Uncommon

Is it me or has this game stalled in the last year or so?  I haven't seen a Massive Content Heavy patch in ...quite a long time.  I know they've changed a lot around, especially PVP wise, but I always felt the problem with WAR was the lackluster PVE aspects.  That and combat never felt fluid enough, I always felt like every skill had some long channel or cast time.   Clunky is the word that comes to mind.  Hmm...

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Boston, MAPosts: 431Member Uncommon

The game has the best PvP I ever experienced. Unfortunately, they need to make the Tier 1 PvP area larger because, from day 1 it always seemed Tier 2 and 3 always had less players in it than Tier 1 and Tier 4. Thus, its a real chore in T2 and T3 from a pop perspective to level.

Also, had they given just a little more thought to PvE the game would have been going strong. However, once EA bought the game as we all know EA is known for KILLING MMOs....EA should have let the Devs make PvE better and screw all these half baked bandaids they keep wasting money on like the freaking Skaven.

OMG, Elocke your animation is killing me! ROFLMAO.

• JonsusJonsus Toronto, ONPosts: 175Member

Played at launch, and again for a little while when they made it F2P (ended up re-subbing to see what had changed). Much better shape than it was a couple years back when it came out, and honestly, is now a decent game. The downside is that because this game is very heavily PvP-centric, it relies on an active population to keep things entertaining. However, due to the fact that many people dropped this one like a stone after its horrible launch state, and the way that F2P has been implemented in it (only able to play free for the first tier) it suffers from population gaps in the midlevels.

They should expand the F2P aspects of WAR to include the full game, and convert the entire thing to a cash shop to keep it alive imho.