Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I buy this???

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

It is always risky buying a new MMO...

I bought APB. A big mistake.

I bought Rift. A big, fat mistake.

Now I saw Gods And Heroes. It is far away from the typical boring fantasy element. I like rome. I like the spartans even more ,but Rome is still somewhat closer than Fantasy.

I like PvP. They say something like PvP will be implemented, at least ive read that.

Would I like this game? Does it feel like a WoW clone in rome?

Hows the pop? Do you trust there will come pvp etc etc.

What should I kn ow of this game before buying?

Comments

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Oh this game runs dx9 like Rift. Does that mean it also sucks on 64 bit like rift?

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

wait till there is a 7 day trial then try it!it is like me i was thinking i might like rift ,having tried it i have to say it isnt for me,only by trialling can you be sure

Yeah you are right. Might have to wait, thought its difficult when you want a new mmo :S

Lol its not possible to post on the official forums. Not possible to register to ask questions meeeh

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

MikeJezz - I understand your interest as I am somewhat intrigued too. I am going to wait for a trial or at least some positive reviews from Metacritic. I have recently started researching games heavily before I buy and I am proud to say that I didn't buy Dragon Age 2, Dungeon Siege 3 or Duke Nukem Forever! My point is just be patient and wait it out. Not worth the risk in this MMO environment we are currently living in.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

With all the positive reveiws i have seen for this game i would suggest try it i am going to try ti when i get the money

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Beta didn't do much for me I uninstalled after a few days but I'll give it another chance when a free trial comes up, (but not before then).

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

G&H is a fairly old game due to being pulled off and re developed later, it shows as yo uplay the game, Like the poster above me I gave up during beta, it just wasnt fun enough to spent test time on for me.  I m always willing to test and do the whole bug finding maraton but a game must have some fun level..it dint , personal taste I supose.

• anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131

Its a good concept for a game "Rome" dont get me wrong BUT overall game seems to lag behind what many mmos know offer maybe try rift its an awsome game truly!

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Originally posted by MikeJezZ

• siitysiity Member UncommonPosts: 23

I have a buy games on impulse problem , i love MMO's and there are none out there for me atm .( Played them all , yep , all of them :p ) Thought id try G & H so i pre- ordered , missed the beta ( had a lot of r/l stuff on lately ) got in headstart and uninstalled 2 days later,  £24.95 impulsed out the window. I know about mmo's problems at launch etc etc , but for me this game wasn't what i was looking for .

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Bought it to, and hell I like it!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261

I have also purchased this game and am enjoying it alot. It has a kind of charm to it that keeps me coming back, unlike the recent AAA games such as Rift. Theres still alot of things to be implemented and its not cheap but I don't regret purchasing it. With the solid dev team and commitment Heatwave are showing I think this one will be a success.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Originally posted by MikeJezZ

It is always risky buying a new MMO...

I bought APB. A big mistake.

Now I saw Gods And Heroes. It is far away from the typical boring fantasy element. I like rome. I like the spartans even more ,but Rome is still somewhat closer than Fantasy.

I like PvP. They say something like PvP will be implemented, at least ive read that.

Would I like this game? Does it feel like a WoW clone in rome?

Hows the pop? Do you trust there will come pvp etc etc.

What should I kn ow of this game before buying?

Should you buy it, simple answer no.  Its got a small following.  Most people that played during open beta didnt buy it, not a good sign.  The servers show a very small number of active players, another bad sign.  It's the standard MMO, just take out fantasy and add roman theme.  PVP will happen, not sure when or how it will be implemented.  Based upon the history of the game I wouldn't expect much.  What you should know about this game is that is it is way overpriced.  Its not worth the money and subscription, hence why the player base is so low.  Many people figured this out during beta testing.  LAstly read some of the other threads about this game, they will also give you some insight.

My opinions come from the very beginning of this game in its first form until now. I would honestly wait for a trial period, f2p model or something along those lines.  In its present condition, you will be mad if you buy it IMO.

• ArthineasArthineas Member Posts: 231

If you have $40 or $50 I would say go for it.  I played it during beta and had fun.  The only thing holding me back right now is the price tag.  If they dropped it to around $30 I would pick it up in a heartbeat.  Especially being that it is only $9.99 a month to play.

The developers seem to really care and sound like they may even make the price cheaper based off of this recent post from the CEO.  You can read it here-

http://forums.godsandheroes.com/showthread.php?1563-General-Update-on-Production-Priorities