Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will be a secret success

Have played numerous failure and success Mmos from eq1 vanilla to rift and wow and etc. Tons of games over more than a decade.

This game has TONs of potential. It does not feel like a wow clone in any way (except global cooldown existence). It feels more like eq1 + guildwars. When you level up you feel like you've accomplished something, Ding!, yet the feeling of a dull grind is replaced by multiple reward systems : there are multiple levelling zones (you can get to level 10 on 2 chars and not repeat a single quest less a few in the tutorial zone) and quest rewards are not limited to exp and an item, instead you can choose quests that upgrade your estate, quests that open god powers (pick god on toon roll, unlock abilities unique to your god), quests that unlock minions building your party, etc.

The game is pve, something I enjoy. My priest has a bunch of abilities that would be nerfed or tuned heavily if pvp were around. Yet these abilities make pve fun and gives my character some depth. If I want pvp I play ssf4 or tf2, because the competition in those games, to me, is greater than what any fantasy based mmo could ever provide (and they are designed solely as a pvp game). I personally do not want a game where every other thread on forums has the word balance in it because the devs are trying to placate both pvpers and pve-ers.

I've run the first instance 2 times this weekend with 2 completely different groups so there is a community. If you've just purchased the game select the global tab on the chat box, constant ongoing convo there.

There are tons of bugs but i enjoy playing this game despite them. Its the first mmo in awhile whete ive actually enjoyed playing - I've had no reason to interact with devs/gms so I won't comment on their success - but if you browse the official forums the dev team seems to be on the right track.

I highly recommend this game if you:

1. Prefer pve - g&h low level pve is deeper than most games - will revisit as I exp.
2. Can stomach early (game should have spent more time getting polished) launch bugs (DAOC was very similar in launch bugginess)
3. Are tired of every item in a game including a hundred dull daily quests.

Don't buy this game if:

1. You're young and have only experienced wotlk and beyond wow in Mmos.

2. You really want pvp

Pros:

You dont get levels automatically and when you do level you feel a difference + accomplishment.

Minion system, estate system, god powers - all cool rewards that do not involve a boring repetitive daily quest or faction or some other grind.

Huge potential

I don't die frustrated. Enemy aggro ranges seem to scale with player level. I rarely screw the pooch and kill myself, yet the game can be challenging and when I do die it's more like "well I should have done this instead".

Just a small thing: you run around with minions the whole game - @ lvl 11 you'll have 2 minions and yourself. Your minions can heal, dps, or pretend to tank. You get really used to this fighting style. Then all of a sudden a quest pops up where you can't use your minions and it's really engaging: your thinking shit this is a lot harder I want my lil buddies back! Just an example of how g&h mixes it up to keep it interesting (as opposed to other new games that just consist of 30 different yet similar daily quests that just suck.

Travel system is cool

Cons:

There are a lot of bugs and the game feels late alpha early beta in regards to overall features.

Many features usually included at release are missing such as an auction house. 100% on the devs: they knock out project after project and this game will literally be aaa, but not just aaa - a unique aaa, something the industry hasn't had since... ?

Final note: Thank you Heatwave interactive. You have a TON of work to do, but there is light @ the end of the tunnel. If you're hiring pm for resume/credentials.

Rakos
15 priest
Bacchus

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

OMG. Paragraphs are your friend. They want to be used!

Anyway, I think I agree with your post. It's a really decent game, and I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't have some modest success. I think they could get a lot more subs initially by dropping the price of the, or by making it free to download with a monthly sub or something like that...but then they might get a sudden drop in subs too.

Slow and steady wins the race. Unless you're racing against a fast and steady opponent.
    Whatever. It's a cool game, if a bit pricey.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Potential is the one word i hear all the time, it certainly can have some very nice pvp, using the era well. I hope they come up with something good, using the estates, for the crafting, and hire more people to bring out content fast,

I and my tribe leader accidentaly ended up past a invisible wall and into the 30+ regions, there is a lot of nice zones already online that can be opened up soon, all that was needed was the mobs and npcs.

The community is shaping up well, and the historical details are very refreshing.

• RakosalldayRakosallday Member Posts: 4
    Woah, what happened to my formatting O_o.

Sry - will fix later
  • RakosalldayRakosallday Member Posts: 4
    Thanks!!
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Originally posted by Rakosallday

Have played numerous failure and success Mmos from eq1 vanilla to rift and wow and etc. Tons of games over more than a decade. This game has TONs of potential. It does not feel like a wow clone in any way (except global cooldown existence). It feels more like eq1 + guildwars.

When you level up you feel like you've accomplished something, Ding!, yet the feeling of a dull grind is replaced by multiple reward systems : there are multiple levelling zones (you can get to level 10 on 2 chars and not repeat a single quest less a few in the tutorial zone) and quest rewards are not limited to exp and an item, instead you can choose quests that upgrade your estate, quests that open god powers (pick god on toon roll, unlock abilities unique to your god), quests that unlock minions building your party, etc.

The game is pve, something I enjoy. My priest has a bunch of abilities that would be nerfed or tuned heavily if pvp were around. Yet these abilities make pve fun and gives my character some depth. If I want pvp I play ssf4 or tf2, because the competition in those games, to me, is greater than what any fantasy based mmo could ever provide (and they are designed solely as a pvp game). I personally do not want a game where every other thread on forums has the word balance in it because the devs are trying to placate both pvpers and pve-ers.

I've run the first instance 2 times this weekend with 2 completely different groups so there is a community. If you've just purchased the game select the global tab on the chat box, constant ongoing convo there. There are tons of bugs but i enjoy playing this game despite them. Its the first mmo in awhile whete ive actually enjoyed playing - I've had no reason to interact with devs/gms so I won't comment on their success - but if you browse the official forums the dev team seems to be on the right track.

I highly recommend this game if you: 1. Prefer pve - g&h low level pve is deeper than most games - will revisit as I exp. 2. Can stomach early (game should have spent more time getting polished) launch bugs (DAOC was very similar in launch bugginess) 3. Are tired of every item in a game including a hundred dull daily quests.

Don't buy this game if: 1. You're young and have only experienced wotlk and beyond wow in Mmos. 2. You really want pvp Pros:

You dont get levels automatically and when you do level you feel a difference + accomplishment. Minion system, estate system, god powers - all cool rewards that do not involve a boring repetitive daily quest or faction or some other grind. Huge potential I don't die frustrated. Enemy aggro ranges seem to scale with player level. I rarely screw the pooch and kill myself, yet the game can be challenging and when I do die it's more like "well I should have done this instead".

Just a small thing: you run around with minions the whole game - @ lvl 11 you'll have 2 minions and yourself. Your minions can heal, dps, or pretend to tank. You get really used to this fighting style. Then all of a sudden a quest pops up where you can't use your minions and it's really engaging: your thinking shit this is a lot harder I want my lil buddies back! Just an example of how g&h mixes it up to keep it interesting (as opposed to other new games that just consist of 30 different yet similar daily quests that just suck. Travel system is cool

Cons: There are a lot of bugs and the game feels late alpha early beta in regards to overall features. Many features usually included at release are missing such as an auction house. 100% on the devs: they knock out project after project and this game will literally be aaa, but not just aaa - a unique aaa, something the industry hasn't had since... ?

Final note: Thank you Heatwave interactive. You have a TON of work to do, but there is light @ the end of the tunnel. If you're hiring pm for resume/credentials. Rakos 15 priest Bacchus

Epic wall of text stings your eyes for 232423 damage.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Have to agree .this game is way different than most i have played,i actually really look forward to logging in . on other mmo's i log in and hope i,m gonna have a blast,on this one i know i am going to have a blast.yes it dated,yes it has bugs,yes the graphics are slightly dated,but who gives a f---.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

I have to agree to...something in this game still wants me to come back for more...

It's different than all the other Mmorpgs out there...a nice fresh breath of wind....

I don't say it's all polished, but the devs are very devoted, and I see a nice future.

In other words, I'll stay awhile :)

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

I cannot remember the last time I played an mmorpg where when I logged on, I wanted to stay on for a long time.  Usually it's the opposite.  But, despite the bugs, graphical glitches, and somewhat dated graphics, I keep wanting to play more G&H.  I'll see if the game can hold my attention.  However, if it does, I'll be one of those players that will be playing for quite a while.

• jarziumjarzium Member Posts: 40

i just started Gods and Heroes as well. i like the setting of the game, doesn't feel like a generic MMORPG at all. you get bathhouses, theatre, gladiators, it really puts Roleplaying back into MMORPG.

the game still lags a little and there are some bugs that need to be fixed. but looking forward to see this game develop further.

• FuriousKatFuriousKat Member Posts: 3

I was about to renew my subscription to LOTRO when i've noticed an ad about g&h. I took the time to read it and it was a real good idea because i finally bought it.

I enjoy mmos for a long time now, i begun with EQ and my favorite one is defintly Guild Wars. I started it by the end of 2006 and still log on it sometimes nowadays after 12 000h of game play. Yes, i have take in too much, i agree. But from my beginings as a PvE noob, to the numerous hours i spent in RA and finally all the GvG matches i played, i remember i had so much fun !!

I have an account on most mmorpg that had been released during the last 3/4 years. (AoC, FFXI, XIV, Aion, GA, EvE, Rift, LOTRO, and probably some others) I am on Rift atm and i like it, it's a nice game. But i have to admit that i feel unsatisfied while playing it, can't tell you why, i don't even know it. So i bough Gods and Heroes, and i strongly suggest you to buy it also if when you read the first post of this thread you had on your mind : 'Could it be true ?' about what you feel when you play to gnh.

GnH still have bugs but even with those, i promise you'll have some real nice time on it.

And it's only the begining, don't miss it or you might regret it later on.

Music : The Greatest Mankind Creation

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

my interest just piqued (spelling?)  cant seem to find a trial on their website though, but its nice to hear people speaking so well of it, i just hope they put up a trial :)

• xBludxxBludx Member Posts: 376

Originally posted by lizardbones

OMG. Paragraphs are your friend. They want to be used!

Yes, please. I could only make it through half of your post before I started to lose my vision.

If you don't know when to do a paragraph break, then just break after 5 sentences or something.

The part that I read was decently written, though.

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

The graphics look better than EQ1 for sure and that aint bad. The price is the only thing holding me back from trying this game. As many others, I have been burnt too many times by new MMO's in the past (not going into detail on those games as the fanboi's of said games would rage). May just take a leap of faith for this one though, will have to see.

Work hard Play Harder

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    To those of you worried about the cost because the game might not be to your liking, I highly suggest buying the game. Having been playing mmos since 1998 , I can tell you this one has that "spark" that so many of us lost after we played our first mmo, the game has some bugs, can lag alittle and some graphics are alittle dated, but all in all, the game is worth it! I rather spend the cash on a game like this to support the little guys in the business , keep up the great work heatwave!!
  • rtbbvrrtbbvr Member UncommonPosts: 163

The greatest con this game has right now is it's price tag. Its laughable how they can call the current game state a 'launch' and be charging so much money for it. I mean, that alone killed Earthrise. Now moving past that, the game is very typical. Its nothing new or special, and does nothing to set itself apart. And yet, for that very reason the game has an unmistakable charm. Its fun, the same way playing new DLC on classic titles is fun.