Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The MASS EXODUS! Goodbye EVE!

1789101113»

Comments

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

Originally posted by Zorgo

I wonder if you all feel about Sam's Club the same way you do about RMTs. You pay a membership for the privilage of buying their stuff.

I bet some of you berating this business model have Sam's Club memberships and never realized the hypocracy and/or irony.

Bingo!

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Originally posted by fodell54

I wonder if you all feel about Sam's Club the same way you do about RMTs. You pay a membership for the privilage of buying their stuff.

I bet some of you berating this business model have Sam's Club memberships and never realized the hypocracy and/or irony.

Bingo!

Except you pay a membership for the ability to get stuff at a cheaper per unit cost by buying in bulk knowing that depending on use you'll end up spending less overall including the membership fee then if you bought it at a regular retail chain. Completely different buisness model then a P2P game also including extra charges ontop. A closer example would be buying a burger then after you get it finding out that you have to buy the patty and topping extra.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Nicoli

Originally posted by fodell54

Bingo!

Except you pay a membership for the ability to get stuff at a cheaper per unit cost by buying in bulk knowing that depending on use you'll end up spending less overall including the membership fee then if you bought it at a regular retail chain. Completely different buisness model then a P2P game also including extra charges ontop. A closer example would be buying a burger then after you get it finding out that you have to buy the patty and topping extra.

Or buying a burger and having the option to super size it, unless you're suggesting that the games aren't telling you (thus, 'finding out') about additional costs up front. If so, can you link to those MMOs?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Bishop200Bishop200 Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Or buying a burger and having the option to super size it, unless you're suggesting that the games aren't telling you (thus, 'finding out') about additional costs up front. If so, can you link to those MMOs?

That would be WOW and Eve for me since they have added the RMT after i start playing.

• june32ndjune32nd Member Posts: 122

wait... your telling that all the immature, children, and dill holes are leaving EVE?!

i might just have to try that game again now, seriously i just might start another new guy and give it a whirl again, maybe this time i'll be able to talk to non-elitest ass hats who mock my country and say that we are all dumb red necks..

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Originally posted by june32nd

wait... your telling that all the immature, children, and dill holes are leaving EVE?!

i might just have to try that game again now, seriously i just might start another new guy and give it a whirl again, maybe this time i'll be able to talk to non-elitest ass hats who mock my country and say that we are all dumb red necks..

Leave EvE ? NEVER !

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Bishop200

That would be WOW and Eve for me since they have added the RMT after i start playing.

Would really like to have you elaborate on that. The previous poster spoke of buying a hamburger and discovering after his purchase that the main component (the patty) is not included and will cost extra. If you are referring to expansion boxes, then I can see your point because that fits perfectly with the argument. Other than that, I am curious as to what items in either game you are equating to the patty of a hamburger.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Bishop200Bishop200 Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by Bishop200

Would really like to have you elaborate on that. The previous poster spoke of buying a hamburger and discovering after his purchase that the main component (the patty) is not included and will cost extra. If you are referring to expansion boxes, then I can see your point because that fits perfectly with the argument. Other than that, I am curious as to what items in either game you are equating to the patty of a hamburger.

I know when i buy the box that they will make a expansion, the two game have added RMT after my purchase. That content that my sub should provide to me ( and yes, i consider vanity item content).

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Is this a new Mass exodus happening or still the same one fighting about RMT's and monocles?

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by Beanpuie

Is this a new Mass exodus happening or still the same one fighting about RMT's and monocles?

There was no "mass' exodus, and there is not one happening now. The people that perpetuate that belief have left the game and are trying to make themselves feel better about unsubscribing. And they have issues in letting the game go, as proven by their continued posting here.

EVE is doing just fine. There are plenty of people to pew pew, and there will be for a long time. Don't let the human fire alarms in this thread fool you.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

Originally posted by Boardwalker

There was no "mass' exodus, and there is not one happening now. The people that perpetuate that belief have left the game and are trying to make themselves feel better about unsubscribing. And they have issues in letting the game go, as proven by their continued posting here.

EVE is doing just fine. There are plenty of people to pew pew, and there will be for a long time. Don't let the human fire alarms in this thread fool you.

no kidding...it's all hot air and false advertising.

the so called "NGE" never happened in EVE.  The game is better than ever.  move along.

• demonboxdemonbox Member Posts: 34

No idea if there's been a mass exodus tbh, maybe some  left and others joined up.

I myself am leaving the game, 1 subscription ended and was not renewed the other 2 r dying in a matter of days/week.

There's more to my decision than just the RMT stuff or the leaked document, or the "only PS3" DUST or the countless "unfinished" expansions, or the 3rd app. developer license discussion, i admit it, is more related to the time the game consumed for me and my general way of acting, which brings me to look for changes pretty often (thou on EVE i lasted 5 years).

EVE is dead? not at all, is it dyin? don't think so either(honestly hope not for all my freinds that still enjoy it), is changing? yes for sure it is.

Personally i don't like the RMT model myself (and that goes far beyhond just games tbh), and agree, is not the future gamers (not all of them) want for the MMO(rpg) market, is the future the companies want for it (not all of them again of course) and is understandable, means more income for them, and they'r not here to make us have fun, they'r here to make money, our happyness/fun  is a "side-effect".

well fly safe to all capsuleers still playin EVE and gl to all the ones undocking to search fro new space

cya

p.s. wtf is Sam's Club btw?guess i'l have to google it...

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Originally posted by demonbox

Sam's Club is a division of Wal-mart, that for a membership fee (usually $35 a year) you can buy stuff in bulk, standard joke being 55 gallons of ketchup, at a reduced per unit cost.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Originally posted by Nicoli

Originally posted by demonbox

Sam's Club is a division of Wal-mart, that for a membership fee (usually $35 a year) you can buy stuff in bulk, standard joke being 55 gallons of ketchup, at a reduced per unit cost.

Here we have Costco too. Seems a little better than Sam's Club. Probably the same damn thing LOL.........Fly Safe!

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

This thread was started when lots of people were cancelling their accounts.

Enough people left to make CCP call an emergency meeting with the CSM. Yeah, CCP paided money to fly people from all over the world to Iceland and put them up for a day or two - it was damage control, and in business as in eve, you don't initiate damage control unless you're about to take damage or are taking damage.

There was going to be an exodus, but enough worries were surpressed to allow eve online to continue without too much of a drop in subs.  The CSM stamp of approval on all items in the shop was a good move for example and I suspect that will be a major issue during the next election.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    Originally posted by Hazelle

This thread was started when lots of people were cancelling their accounts.

Enough people left to make CCP call an emergency meeting with the CSM. Yeah, CCP paided money to fly people from all over the world to Iceland and put them up for a day or two - it was damage control, and in business as in eve, you don't initiate damage control unless you're about to take damage or are taking damage.

There was going to be an exodus, but enough worries were surpressed to allow eve online to continue without too much of a drop in subs.  The CSM stamp of approval on all items in the shop was a good move for example and I suspect that will be a major issue during the next election.

anyone that will make a campaign against item shop will get my votes

BestSigEver :P