Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrade Rubi-Ka so it is possible to level from 1 to 220 there! (with suggestion)

chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

I usually try to avoid using the word "hate"; but if there's any part of Anarchy Online I "hate" it is definately the Shadow Lands.

Shadow Lands is as far from the "core" of Anarchy Online I feel it can be. I used to love Anarchy Online, and it still have a huge place in my heart. Unfortunately every time I start playing in Shadow Lands, particularly after level 150, I gets depressed. I find the land weird, awkard, and so hard to move around that it is utterly a game breaking experience all the way.

If FunCom could or would have released upgraded version of Rubi-Ka, or hell; just let us buy "Shadowland Experience gain" from killing mobs on Rubi-Ka, with a few playfield where you could level from 200 to 220, I would return any day and NEVER set a feet in Shadow Lands again!

Anarchy Online is a masterpiece. Too bad Shadow Lands drags it into the mud.

Ps; yes, I would actually pay same price for Shadowland XP from killing mobs on Rubi-Ka as I would pay for the Shadowland Expansion.

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

Comments

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

still waiting on their graphics overhaul.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

Originally posted by aleos

still waiting on their graphics overhaul.

New 1-220 leveling the RK way > GFX.

The new GFX engine will be great, ofc, but still, this game has potential. Too bad FC seem to be unable to use that. Whatever reason that is.

Maybe FC has "accepted" too that AO is outdated and not worthy any major investment?

Of all games outthere, I still think AO has the most potential of them all.

• RazeronRazeron Member Posts: 180

What potential AO had was strangled by clowns back in 2004 or so.

Though, yes, I loved AO too - played from release until Alien Invasion, then my org dissolved so I left...

Shadowlands did not belong, it's being tacked onto Rubi-Kai in such a fashion is as if Blizavision stapled a football simulator to WoW for it's next expansion.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

The Shadowlands are part of the Story - now.

AO was and is still a ongoing story.

Its true, SL doesnt really fit into the Rubi-Ka theme, thats because it was intended to be a complete other game first.

With the developing story, it became a perfect addition, because it was there, it fits into the developed story and expanded the gameworld by a lot of new land.

Getting Shadowlevels on Rubi-Ka isnt compatable to the story, so there is none.

Else, there could be Planet Levels.

Thats a great part of AO and its community.

The com made epic suggestions in the past and the developers implemented them into the game.

So why not suggest a new expansion, that can bring the toon a bit futher, without the need of SL.

Not a bad idea at all :D

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

Shadowlands was a big change but the core of ao was still there, the thing about SL though is i think Funcom was rightly trying to make the game less of a "solo-able" game and make you need to really depend on your guild and friends alto more to succeed.

Unfortunately someone else seems to come along and said ..

"You know what AO needs to becomes? It needs to becomes more of a cookie cutter game like wow and all the games that followed wow. the game has been around for years and the population has started to decline since sl and Alien invasion, what we need to do, is cater to the elite, the people who care so much about pvp and being better than everyone else. The people who just need a goal to achieve, and then we can just keep giving them new goal to achieve by making small boosters and items they can buy for real money. They will be to busy patting themselves on the back to even notice we don't give two shakes or a jiggle about the game anymore, just give us that money."

LMAO..

But yeah im sure the dev team is trying but i just think the game now promotes arrogance, and apparently , if you point it out to people you're the one who is seen as arrogant and a crybaby, maybe i am arrogant but if so i'm not the only one and  i don't make this crap up. And one side doesn't always have to be wrong. the game used to have a spot for both sides, i just don't feel it has a spot for the hardcore casual player ...

(i considered myself a hardcore casual player for awhile because i would just hangout all day just doing whatever for no benefit to my character really)

..and the elitist/pvpers who are all goal orientated and when they play only play with the other elite/ist

A lot of people these days don't spend time just helping strangers that much. because elitists only help themselves and their org's and say screw everyone else, you mobs are belongs to us.

i was playing the game before it turned into what is is now just like some of them, why is it ok that the game is changed so that it's a lot harder for me to have fun, itis arrogant to say im wrong because you can't relate. the game used to cater to everyone more. you didn't have to pvp at all and could still have hell of a time. i never wanted to do BS but i did because it was the best and most realistic way to get my gear, when LE came out bs was really active but i still hated it, when i reactivated my account 6 months ago and brought my 220 enf to BS it was dead, nobody notices this stuff i guess or they just don't care .

It's not ok to turn a game to crap then say anyone who doesn't like the changes is a crybaby, i knew a few people who stuck with ao after sl and even ai even though they had a hard time with the changes, i understood where they where coming from and never told them to stop crying.

I think alot of people understood back then why some people quit playing when sl or ai came out, a lot of those people i knew though weren't into many alt's  like me and stuck to 1-3  characters so it probably was harder for them then it was for me, and i was having fun back then still because people where cool for the most part and the world was lively.

I can still get a character to 220 these days it just takes longer 200-220 and i see more drama along the way and once i get to 220 the le and xan grind is jsut to annoying for me. But if i was starting from scratch these days and didn't have my 220 pocket doc and enf i don't think i would of stayed around as long after le as i did.

I was probably in one of the top clan orgs on rk2 back in the day (leet-bloc), they where really into tower pvp it's all they did all day, and the people in charge of the org and organizing everyone for pvp never once talked crap about me being probably the only person in the pvp org that didn't pvp or take part in defending our orgs and other orgs towers they understood when i told them i don't pvp i refused to take part in it.I used to sit around watching my org mates pvp in borealis and org chat was fun to read a lot. untill LE came out years later and i felt like i had to do be a part of the pvp and do BS to get my 220's in ofab.

You can still get to 220 but to me it's jsut not as fun along the way especially if you are a new player i bet.

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
    Warframe:Skuly1775

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

I have been on & off since the day it was released... and my highest is only 204.

After Elysium it is like hitting a brick wall. Everything comes to an end there for me. It feels like I am walking into a psychedelic insanity where I need a group to survive the madness.

Everything were so much better pre SL... :(