Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

READ THIS FIRST!

DendallanDendallan Member Posts: 24

I play planetside too, and im completly agree with you!!!!

PLANETSIDE IS THE BEST FPS EVER!!!!!

37 warrior=EQ
41Hunter=dark age of camelot
GM swordsman/tamer=Ultima
24Zealot=Asheron's Call 2
BR9hacker=Planetside

Played: UO, ACII,EQ,EQII,Horizons,Planetside and betaed many more... I like to think I know my stuff.

Comments

• convergeconverge Member Posts: 76
    i got the game the fighting id fun but u cant win that just makes me not want to play the game

• Evangelion2000Evangelion2000 Member Posts: 4
    I have recently ended my free month of this game and although I felt there were some great concepts brought into it, there is no way I will be spending a monthly anything on continuing to play.  I PERSONALY (remember, just my own opinion) feel that there are already just as good and better games out there that cost no monthly subscription I would rather play.  I will admit that some of the battles are quite large, not 500 people but more about 100-200 which is still very big.  The play is nice and I would definately play it again if I did not have to pay that fee.  Just my own opinion.image

Wherever there is injustice you will find us.
    Wherever there is suffering, we'll be there.
    ...Line...
    Wherever liberty is threatened, you will find.... THE THREE AMIGOS!!

Wherever there is injustice you will find us.
    Wherever there is suffering, we'll be there.
    ...Line...
    Wherever liberty is threatened, you will find.... THE THREE AMIGOS!!

• xbxfanxbxfan Member Posts: 1
    All I can say...... IS fu*k!!!!!!!

Dodge this Trinity- The Matrix

Dodge this Trinity- The Matrix

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    someone told me that for a new player it is really hard, because everyone is such a high level, and your at the bottom, who r u gonna kill?

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

• sturstur Member Posts: 6

I think PS is just what they said, a MMOFPS, I loved tribes 1&2, and this is just tribes3 imo, I love it. i can get in jump in my plane find a fight and play as long as i want, I'm br18 with just under 2000 kills and a 1st lvl guy with a cycler can kill me so don't say "i'm low lvl and can't compete.. thats just not true, the winner will ALWAYS be the better player not the better char, I DONT have to sit around for hours LFG befor i can actually start playing, I DONT have to sit for hours and hours mind numbingly killing the same mob till i have nightmares about their death scream just to gain a lvl,. I get exp for killing players, taking control of bases, and i get to be challeged by every encounter i have in game, mob AI not matter how good is prodictable, and after a few encounters you know what they will do every time, player learn and adapt and if you try the same thing more than a few times you will get slaped down. this games is great if you like being about to sit down and compete on a LARGE scale for a few hours but don't have the time to play time sink games like DAoC just to get your pvp fix. if you like small scale (30 people or less to a side) then your better off playing CS or something like that, and if you suck at FPS just play DAoC where everything is on a timer. but if you want to find out if you can charge a base defended by 100+ experianced players and kick butt john woo style, PS is for you .

http://myplanetside.station.sony.com/character.jsp?charId=393409&worldId=3

nice char, lol

• livelyclivelyc Member Posts: 110
    here is the thing in my oppinion about planetside ... it rocks except for one aspect..... IT TAKES WAY TO LONG FOR PEOPLE TO DIE! *whew* ... really i mean come on  unless you are one of those big guys which i made cause i got tired of shooting a guy 50 times before he died man. even ut2003  doesnt go that unrealistic . i mean i dont want people to die in 1 or 3 hits ok ... but 10 would be good ! not like 40 , for god sake if i even have a frigging pistol i expect u dead after 40 shots

This message has been brought to u by Death, the fulltime sponsor of the lively cadaver

This message has been brought to u by Death, the fulltime sponsor of the lively cadaver

• xbiosparkxxbiosparkx Member Posts: 11
    livelyc is right...i played the game only a few times but it takes an outrageouse ammount of effort to kill someone, and the max units are just way to strong.  you have to realize that when 5 men cant kill one...something is deffinatly wrong.  but other then that the game dose rock ive been playin the free trial and i intend on buyin it image

m/

If you ever run into a biospark...run away

\m/ METAL IS LIFE

• Inferno1000Inferno1000 Member Posts: 10
    Ths game kicks ***!!!image

>)

>)

• PS is a good game definetly, max's weren't that hard i used to kill them pretty fast with my rocket launchers, its what u bring to combat thta can make the difference in that game

• ChilledPenguinChilledPenguin Member Posts: 51

[edited]

i might buy this game when i get my pc....is it hard for a new player to start? i mean...is there ANYONE i can kill?

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    The game was designed so that even a lowly newb can kill a seasond vet if they have enough skill.  You will be able to kill people.  I played beta and it was hella fun.  I want to get the game and play it again, but they AO Shadowlands is released soon, so I am torn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
    Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

Customer: "How fast will my COM ports go?"
    Tech Support: "How hard can you throw your computer?"

k well once i get my new pc...ill get it

• TigerSharkTigerShark Member Posts: 10

I think PS is great fun. I will keep my subscription going. I'm paid untill the end of December. GC. Great fun. To try to take a base that has a couple hundred people defending is action on the insane level. If anyone is thinking of buying it you won't be disappointed. But try the 7 day free trial first. That's what sold me on the game.

Sometimes you're the windshield....Sometimes you're the bug...

Sometimes you're the windshield....Sometimes you're the bug...

• KremlinKremlin Member Posts: 1
    Great post Stur.. Well put.

• ImsneakyImsneaky Member Posts: 138

Sounds like the game can be fun.

It was kind of funny, kind of sad reading the first post.  It sounded like WWIIOL.  It's sad because people like to bag on these games, even months and months after they left the game.  Thing is like the guy above said, these games are constantly evolving.

If you have a frined who said don't play PS or WWIIOL, ignore them, try them.  You won't regret it.

As for the guy who had a problem paying to play.  The problem is that you think you are paying for nothing.  what you don't see is that it is like buying a car.

Ok, you buy a car and your friend buys his car.  You both have warrantees but yours runs out fast at which point you have to pay a small monthly fee too keep the warranty going.  Your friend thinks you are nuts and should have bought the same car he did s you would have a longer free warranty.

Problem is that pretty soon his warranty runs out too.  So when his does, there's no help for him.  Pretty soon his car willbe a piece of crap not worth driving.

Yours on the other hand will get new paint jobs, repairs and tune ups for life so long as you pay the monthly premium.  In the end you spend less because your friend has bought five new cars trying to find one he truly likes again.

So who's the winner?

• beetles7274beetles7274 Member Posts: 2

Hi, Has anybody played PS after buying it used? Did your key code work and if not (because it was previously used) how do you go about installing the game, cos I have the game three times (all bought used) and I can't get it to load 'cos they have all been used b4?

(I have the game 3 times cos I was going to sell them on, but it seems like another game that once bought cannot be sold)? If you know different please point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Simon

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297

I love PS! I played it during the 30-day free trial awarded to Windows XP owners and was instantly hooked! Unfortunately I am behind a Firewall here at college so I can;t play it, but come Summer break I will be fragging with the lot of em!

As for the individual who said you can't kill anyone at low levels...image One technique that will give you frags galore: When the inevitable NC Zerg arrives, on the Emerald server, just sit on the walls, grap your trusty thumper, insert some plasma rounds and fire away! Your kills will rach up like you hit pay dirt! I mean that's what I love about this game, you can do simple yet endlessly gratifying things like what I described above, or you can hop in a Reaver and reign hell from above! The possibilities are endless and no two, I mean absolutely no two encounters are alike.

At one moment you can be Zerging a tower and the next being gunned down by a cloaker because you didnt watch your six. I mean, it truly is a robust game. Core Combat is a waste as is but the developers are currently working on massive system upgrades and I truly believe the game will be better than ever. If you love FPS's and love the idea of gunning down massive lines of enemy troops then this is the game for you. The possibilities are endless, and that isn't even taking into account organized assaults, tactics, and the chaos that inevitably ensues when an enemy force over runs your court yard.

Right from the get-go you can choose instant action and get into the thick of things. At first you will be limited to shooting enemies with the generic weapons only because you don't know any better. But in less than 3 days you will know what is expected to become dominant and have no doubt as to waht tactics and weapons work for your empire. Guilds have a meaning in this game and teamwork is a must.

I realize my post isn't well organized and pretty scattered, but just thinking about playing this game again got me psyched! There isn't enough TO say about this game. And for those who have a difficult time with PS, I got this character ( http://myplanetside.station.sony.com/character.jsp?charId=709221&worldId=15 ) in less than a month. The game is forgiving when concerned with character development, and you get nothing but instant gratifaction. This is a MUST TRY for any FPS enthusiast! 

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield.