Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The total warfare simulation is out there, join us

13»

Comments

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116

Last I was in the game the whole south part of the map was one giant soft cap with at most a naval BG and para's tossed in to make all the soft caps. The whole brigade/HC/AO system has made that area moot now. Everything is bunched towards the center as  puting BGs out on the flank to defend it allows for easy cut offs. So if your ever going back or if your still playing  dont expect to stick any bofors up on any hill  down there now lol.

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

Dang, loved those hill.   Hilltops and bofors was always a love/hate thing.  Trying to deploy that mother on a hill without it sliding down or constantly bouncing made you want to pull your hair out hehe. 

With the mle38 before the max speed limit, you could roll downhill at warp speed.  Remember once being asked if I wanted a tow down and said "thanks but no thanks, just watch this" and RTBed in about 5 seconds :)

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116

Originally posted by Tontoman

Dang, loved those hill.   Hilltops and bofors was always a love/hate thing.  Trying to deploy that mother on a hill without it sliding down or constantly bouncing made you want to pull your hair out hehe. 

With the mle38 before the max speed limit, you could roll downhill at warp speed.  Remember once being asked if I wanted a tow down and said "thanks but no thanks, just watch this" and RTBed in about 5 seconds :)

Yeah loved the far south and the far north myself good fighting in those areas. But alas  there both pretty much dead now the south more so than the north part of the map. But even in the north it is 3 Brigades and a HQ with a few naval groups placed along the river for support. Its pretty much just a light holding force due to the factories and twerp being up there. Most maps there is no real push in that area just junk AO's placed with no real intent on following through with any attack.

South is just one giant soft cap till basicly they hit the first river line near Dun. Everything else is stacked in the center in one giant game of lets see who can deplete the other guys supplies first and cause a break out. I think the worst part is even if you wanted to do something out of the box you cant anymore. Its all force feed to you via AO's. Most attacks the only tactics you see is a small group of guys sneak into town and cap a spawnable then scream flood the town with a P1 beside it. So you spawn die rinse repeat and hope you get tanks into town before they decimate the depots supply and recap.

I guess if your a instant action junkie that kinda play style is great but if you want anything with some real tactics and depth your out of luck. /shrug

Oh and the new teleporting stargates they got is what did me in  after 10 years of support. trucks as MSP where not easy enough they had to go and make super ninja  soilder a moveable spawn point for the whole army. So even if you and your squad set up a good defnsive line just 1 of these super ninjas getting by you caused a stargate to form and the whole enemy force could just by pass the careful defense you and your buds worked so hard to setup.

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134

Bump

This map is proving pretty back and forth

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL