Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game crashes my windows explorer when I try installing it

sogarsogar Member CommonPosts: 21

Every time I try launching the installation for this game, nothing happens. Nothing loads up, but my windows explorer starts lagging then it'll crash. I have vista 32 bit FYI. Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352

I have the same problem.

• TheIllusiveTheIllusive Member Posts: 196

I have a similar problem:

got a mail from mythos to sign up so I thought wth why not :) downloaded the client but as soon as I click the .exe nothing happens...

reinstalled several times (tried loading in Windows XP etc.) but without succes. Nice...

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

right clic the game then start it as administrator

nope already tried that :(

I also notice that the European-Frogster/Mythos site is offline suddenly :O ? maybe it cant connect to the server or something,

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

you arent missing much

Remember Old School Ultima Online

Originally posted by EndDream

you arent missing much

haha oke =p

I just started playing Diablo 2 for the first time. While the graphics are beyond fugly, the gameplay/lore seems quite interesting.

If you compare Diablo kind of games NOW, are there better but similar games to Diablo 2 (coming from somebody who never played any).

i am rusted on that style ,but if i recall torchlight is what you are looking for!

thanks :) I will buy that game if I get sick of Diablo 2/wait for Mythos.

Although I have a feeling that I Diablo 2 is quite addicting xD even though the shittiest graphics ever the gameplay feels VERY solid.

Originally posted by TheIllusive

thanks :) I will buy that game if I get sick of Diablo 2/wait for Mythos.

Although I have a feeling that I Diablo 2 is quite addicting xD even though the shittiest graphics ever the gameplay feels VERY solid.

they prob have a trial here or elsewhere!

http://www.torchlightgame.com/download/#demo

here is a 2 hour trial!

ps:by the way mythos ,diablo came from the same minds!

http://boi.perfectworld.com/

there is also battle of immortal (if you dont mind asial style of gameplay)very solid choice also

• chazebchazeb Member Posts: 8

Wow...thought I would try this even with the negative comments.

Right off I had error on launch, unable to read memory, crash on start, different language errors. I read around all the fixes, tried them, after over an hour trying different fixes, I got it to work, by deleting and renaming files, to trick the updater to update? Ran it for a little while, closed to have dinner, came back, errors are back. On the official forums, where I found the "official" fixes, it was said this was necessary because of corrput files. I got the errors before ever having a chance to play it, so that means.....the installation was corrupt, your installation. And then they managed to become corrupt again after 10 minutes of play. This is weak. The fact that there was so much information on the problem I was having, along with so many others, your game is broken, from the start, and then has to be worked around, repaird over and over to be able to play it? No thank you.

I will stick with other games, the ones that  run when I start them.

As far as the gameply, I could'nt say, the second launch was to really give it a chance, see what it was like, so I still don't know enough about it, to have an opinion. So my recommendation, don't bother.