Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can any software house revive Auto assult? Petition Needed guys!

ElijarhElijarh Member UncommonPosts: 84

Hey Guys.

As you can see i do not post much,Thing is, I was clearing out all my old game boxes from the study and came across Auto-Assult. Omg i loved that game, I think i was a human engineer with a truck (healer/repairer). Man that was fun!. I know Plaync dumped it years ago but i wondered, If enough people started banging a drum about it would someone pick up the old bones and see the potential in a once great Mmo. Granted i know it was a bit poor here and there, I think i can recall the out of car experience( on legs) a bit odd but the driving and exploring was pretty much spot on for a vehicle mmo, Or am I just being too nostalgic?. Love to read any of your thoughts on it.  link below incase anyone can't remember :) 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_Assault

Danny

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I think its less about if they *could* but more why they *would*.   

Not interested in AA,  but I'd like to see an MMO built maybe around the idea of Road Rash.  That game was awesome.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

NCsoft never, ever, ever re-examine old closed games. They don't even sell the IP. AA will stay locked in a dark cupboard with TR to keep it company...no matter how much we want to see those games again.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

I forgot all about this game. Truth be told, with the state of MMO gaming being like it is, I would say a revamped version of this game (especially with a freemium model) could do very well.  It offered something very different and was a lot of fun.  When it came out I think it was just ahead of its time.  People didn't get it then, I think today they would.

• SpiritraiserSpiritraiser Member UncommonPosts: 175

Maybe change it a bit too? Like giving it a bit of Mad Max theme or something? :)

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Auto Assault was fun for a while.   I actually enjoyed TR a lot more.. thought it had one of the best foundations to build on I ever saw.   Unfortunately they never built much past the first 10 levels.   I was actually thinking about TR a few days ago...

Its to bad NCSoft won't sell these two games off.. then again is anyone even trying to buy them.   With the financials going the way they are... those two IP's could generate a bit of income if they sold them.

I remember when someone supposedly tried to buy Earth and Beyond from EA.... what they were asking.. you'd think the game was still up and running.. and turning a profit.. (I loved E&B... crafting system was awesome).