Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning to Shiva, Questions About Abyssea

So I'm finally taking the plunge and returning to my home on Shiva after a year of absence. I had a couple of questions about how the game has changed.

I was wondering if Abyssea is absolutely necessary for leveling from 75-99?

Those expacs are $9.99?or... $9.99 each x3? Wasn't too sure on pricing.

Also, is anyone here playing on/interested in playing together on Shiva?

I left a long time ago, and haven't kept in contact with anyone on my server, so it would be cool if some people wanted to make a LS or level together. I just hit 75PLD before quitting, and I have a bunch of jobs ranging 10-60. My name is Vancha in-game. I should be up and running later today after this long update lol :D

currently playing: FFXI
Waiting for FFXIV to be updated more.

Comments

• VulkyVulky Member Posts: 11

I don't know when you left, but anyhow i'd recommend buying the FINAL FANTASY Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition in Steam, this includes all 4 expasions, 3 quest addons and the 3 abyssea addons (this is everything that has been released until now) and only costs 20$/€ which is even cheaper than buying the 3x9.99€ abyssea addons.

And about your PLD... I'm sorry, it may sound harsh, but it's an useless job now. Abyssea partying is just pure dd. But if you are willing to lvl up some other job (whm, blm, nin, mnk, thf, war I'd say are the most demanded) you will see 75-90 can be done in a while because of the 100+k exp/hr in abyssea.

• ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391

Originally posted by Vulky

I don't know when you left, but anyhow i'd recommend buying the FINAL FANTASY Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition in Steam, this includes all 4 expasions, 3 quest addons and the 3 abyssea addons (this is everything that has been released until now) and only costs 20$/€ which is even cheaper than buying the 3x9.99€ abyssea addons.

And about your PLD... I'm sorry, it may sound harsh, but it's an useless job now. Abyssea partying is just pure dd. But if you are willing to lvl up some other job (whm, blm, nin, mnk, thf, war I'd say are the most demanded) you will see 75-90 can be done in a while because of the 100+k exp/hr in abyssea.

When you say "in a while", how long are you talking about?

Like 5-6hr of partying (standard partying time in ffxi lol).

• SquirlmasterSquirlmaster Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by Vulky

Thanks for all the info, I was looking at that buy as I don't have those quest addons either, just the 4 expacs. And yeah, my PLD got all his merits through xp parties so I'm used to not having groups around lvl 75 haha. I only ever leveled it because I was interested in tanking end-game, however that seems to have changed these days =/

I'll probably just level COR or BLU all the way. COR has to be loved still.... right? :0

And you're saying 75-90 can be done in just 6 hours or so with a good pt? wow...

currently playing: FFXI
    Waiting for FFXIV to be updated more.

Jobs are so easy to level up now that most people have 5-6 jobs level 90. Since Abyssea can be entered at level 30 it is usual to see a low level organize a party (aliance actually, 18 members is standard now) and just sit there when the other 17 people get them exp. Assuming you could leech whenever you wanted in Abyssea (because your ls does exp parties and lets you leech or something like this) you could go 30-90 in like 3 days of 6hr leeching a day.

COR is still wanted as DD, just as much  as a SAM or DRG I guess, but the most useful are NIN, MNK, WAR, WHM, BLM, BLU and BRD. This is because of the "weakness" system in abyssea. When a NM is claimed it gets randomly a magic weakness, a physical ws weaknes and an elemental es weaknes. Using the randomly assigned spell/ws on the NM causes it to increase the drops of Non-Rare items, the Rare-ex items and Key Items, and the jobs i just wrote cover ALL of the possible weaknesses so they are needed in any Abyssea farming scenario.

Read this as it sure explains it better than me: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Abyssea

Also as soon as you come back to the game, start the Abyssea storyline as time spent inside Abyssea is limited to how many stones you have, and you want to start storing them asap (they store automatically once you start the storyline).

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Just how fast is levelling in Abyssea? How long does it take to go 30-cap?

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• RproRpro Member Posts: 89

Originally posted by Deathofsage

Just how fast is levelling in Abyssea? How long does it take to go 30-cap?

Quick Explanation: Mobs give little to no experience when you first start. Chests drop when you kill mobs. Those chests increase experience u gain per kill(amongst other things.) Eventually you start getting 100,200,300, 400 per kill. Caps around 600. And mobs are killed super fast. The only bad thing about this is that if you leave your abyssea zone, or run out of time, when you return your xp per kill resets.

Ty Rpro.

Have you taken anything 1-Cap? or 30-Cap since aby? How long did it take you?

• RproRpro Member Posts: 89

Originally posted by Deathofsage

Ty Rpro.

Have you taken anything 1-Cap? or 30-Cap since aby? How long did it take you?

I'd say in an average Abyssea party, you can get 30-90(presuming you have done all the limit breaks) in about 15hrs.

WoW...

See, I read somewhere on the site, by another poster, that you could do it in "Half" a day and wasn't sure how exxaggerated that might be but it didn't seem like sarcasm or joking.

• ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391

I'm also "returning to Shiva". Updating the client ATM. Next I got to find out where to buy Abyssea!