Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alganon: Rise Of The Ourobani Expansion Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Quest Online has announced a new expansion for Alganon is currently in development and scheduled for release by the end of 2011. Quest Online also announced new European servers for Alganon, two third-party developed games based on Alganon's world and a partnership with DC Comics to publish an Alganon comic.

• A brand new playable race, the Ourobani

• A new, unique leveling experience in the new continent of Aeon

• A new combat companion class playable by all races... The Warden

• Flying mounts in Alganon: See the lands as never before as you ride your mount through the skies!

• Player and Guild Housing will be available in each of the major cities, and on the island-city of Matma'el

• A new PvP Battleground system with battles which will affect the greater game world

• Hundreds of new quests and new types of quests

Read more about the Alganon expansion.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Sigh, I really love this game since it got the "cozy" and familiar feelings in it. The only thing that makes me throwing up, is the small community. Too few people around do even do something....

CAN EVERYONE START PLAYING THIS GREAT GAME!?

Anyway, looking forward to the expansion! :)

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Oh i am sure all the five people who make the game's population will be very happy to learn about this update :)

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by sladden27

Sigh, I really love this game since it got the "cozy" and familiar feelings in it. The only thing that makes me throwing up, is the small community. Too few people around do even do something....

I agree with you. Alganon has some really good things going for it. But, people don't want to leave their current MMO's for another WoWish MMO.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

The game is fun and has great potential, however I quit due to the tyranny of it's new leader, Derek Smart. His obnoxios scanning of the website forum just completely turned me away from the game. He continually edited what he wanted and threatened banning individuals for having opinions different than his.

Other than that the game has great graphics and a very interesting world. I purchased the game which is a one time fee and you can play for life (which may be short) with no monthly fees. I refuse to play it until it's Marxist leader is gone.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

No screenshots at all?!?

new race --no ss

player housing - no ss

new continent- no ss

are they just teasing us with the lack of visuals or are they ashamed of them..

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

Originally posted by Amjoco

The game is fun and has great potential, however I quit due to the tyranny of it's new leader, Derek Smart. His obnoxios scanning of the website forum just completely turned me away from the game. He continually edited what he wanted and threatened banning individuals for having opinions different than his.

Other than that the game has great graphics and a very interesting world. I purchased the game which is a one time fee and you can play for life (which may be short) with no monthly fees. I refuse to play it until it's Marxist leader is gone.

Yeah, once they hire an actual CM who knows how to deal with the public, they may actually end up doing well for themselves as a niche game.

Originally posted by Kenze

No screenshots at all?!?

new race --no ss

player housing - no ss

new continent- no ss

are they just teasing us with the lack of visuals or are they ashamed of them..

Business as usual.  There might be screenshots, which might be in an extremely obvious place (to the devs), but in the course of hunting for them you'll be ridiculed and treated like an inferior for not being able to find them.  At least, that's what happened the last time someone asked for screenshots here.

Originally posted by zeowyrm

Yeah, once they hire an actual CM who knows how to deal with the public, they may actually end up doing well for themselves as a niche game.

DS's attitude with the public and the games customers is the only thing that keeps him in the spotlight and relevant. ( to DS- ok, ok youve saved the game. its time for you to move on and let someone with people skills to stepup)

i see possibilty in the game but as others have stated the population is so low and what population they do have is max levelers it makes the game a lost cause for new players looking to group and advance.

—Lao-Tze

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258

Derek Smart is also the reason why I opted out of playing this game. I had followed this game for some time and enjoyed a limited beta experience, but the rants and unprofessional behavior of Derek threw up a lot of red flags for me.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Its Alganon so I wonder what expansion from other games this one copy and pasted.

Rise of the Ourobani is awfully close to Rise of the Godslayer, so maybe they've decided to follow in AoC's shadow this go round.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

DS's attitude with the public and the games customers is the only thing that keeps him in the spotlight and relevant. ( to DS- ok, ok youve saved the game. its time for you to move on and let someone with people skills to stepup)

i see possibilty in the game but as others have stated the population is so low and what population they do have is max levelers it makes the game a lost cause for new players looking to group and advance.

How exactly did he save the game? Did that one customer that was threatening to leave actually stay to play the game? :)

But seriously, I obviously don't know what number of players they had BDS and ADS but I can tell you that I tried it before and after and there's always only ever been a handful of players online during PST peak hours during the weekdays and even the same on the weekend. I tried both races and both servers and every time I logged in there was only 4-7 total people playing IF their who's online function works correctly!

Originally posted by Emeraq

How exactly did he save the game? . . .

Far be it from me to defend Dr. Smart, but he was directly responsible for trying to pull the game away from it's WoW influences and try to lead it down it's own path.  He drove off almost all of the original fans in the process with his Stalinesque tactics however.  But make no mistake,  although he is a complete asshole to anyone who sees things differently on any forum, he clearly knows what he is doing on the business end of things.  All he has to do is hire a CM to speak for him and Alganon could become quite the niche title.

So needless to say, if your watching this post Quest Online we have discerned that you guys need more players and one of the ways to do it is to get rid of Mr. Derek Smart. (I'm sure they are aware of that but he seems like he might actually go postal and kill them all).

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

So needless to say, if your watching this post Quest Online we have discerned that you guys need more players and one of the ways to do it is to get rid of Mr. Derek Smart. (I'm sure they are aware of that but he seems like he might actually go postal and kill them all).

Pretty sure they can't get rid of him. Part owner or some such, can't be bothered to dig up the link referring to it.  Ultimately, I would be happy if he just backed off from the community aspect of things and hired a CM or two.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Blame David Allen, if he had not sunk the ship nobody would had have to retrieve it.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

Pretty sure they can't get rid of him. Part owner or some such, can't be bothered to dig up the link referring to it.  Ultimately, I would be happy if he just backed off from the community aspect of things and hired a CM or two.

Ya I agree with you on that. If he needs to micro-manage he should be doing it away from the forums. Let his staff talk at meetings about players gripes or cheers and stay off the frontline.

Well now I kinda got a notion to go roll a new character but have promised myself to stay away till things are worked out! What a conundrum!  lol

Originally posted by Emeraq

How exactly did he save the game? Did that one customer that was threatening to leave actually stay to play the game? :)

Those were DS's words not mine :)

—Lao-Tze

• fallonfallonfallonfallon Member Posts: 99

An expansion? Thats the last damn thing i excpected from this game!

Im....im...im a loss for words! Seriously has the game improved that much?

I got my eye on you Alganon! If you prevail this might save your game!

I fyou fail..It will be the final nail in the coffin! So i suggest taking your time with the expansion and do it right FFS!

• aithieelaithieel Member Posts: 232

Originally posted by Yuui

Oh i am sure all the five people who make the game's population will be very happy to learn about this update :)

This.

• realwordsrealwords Member UncommonPosts: 6

RvR patch is coming today as well, this weekend they're having an event to test it on the live servers, they'll make you level 50 and port you to main zone, there's siege vehicles, keeps, etc.