Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DUST 514 is on the PS3-

LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Just saw it on the live E3 stream Its official DUST 514 is on the PS3- from E3- beta this year, full release spring of 2012. Exclusive to PS3 only.

Comments

• shaunathanshaunathan Member Posts: 73

I was a moron.

while streaming it live on the work PC, when CCP came up I maximized the view which blue screened me. I came back and it was over.  Did they explain how to get into the beta?

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by shaunathan

I was a moron.

while streaming it live on the work PC, when CCP came up I maximized the view which blue screened me. I came back and it was over.  Did they explain how to get into the beta?

No, they did not. They just said Beta would start at the end of the year.

guess I'll have to wait for the you tube upload then.   

any impressions on the demo movie?  did we see actual game play yet?

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788

Game is DOA now. The huge appeal of this game was it was PS3 + Xbox 360 interacting with PC. Now CCP just left out the biggest FPS market.

CCP isn't run by the sharpest tools in the shed. My hype rating just went from 10 to maybe 5.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by shaunathan

guess I'll have to wait for the you tube upload then.   

any impressions on the demo movie?  did we see actual game play yet?

At the beggining it looked to be ingame footage, there was a view of the UI as well.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

the video they shown was kinda nice but can hardly see how that will apeal to ps3 players. it would bin far better to keep the game on all platforms now it will be a death fps game before it even hits the store.

people said it would be DOA because it was console.

Now people say it will be DOA because it's playstation.

People used to say that Eve Online was DOA because there were better MMO's out at launch.

People say a lot of things....

• samuraislyr4samuraislyr4 Member UncommonPosts: 73

I'm sure it will do fine on PS3, most likely CCP had to make a decession and Microsoft is not known for making it easy for developers to do cross-platform games. Portal 2 had cross-platform play on PS3 only, The X-box is capable of it, FF11 did it so why not Portal 2.

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

BOOO..

Weird move.. really.. since the ps3 controller is by far the worst for shooters... and since the 360 is the most popular console.. Well, too bad.. Was hoping to have a feet in the EVE universe..

Originally posted by Kebeck

BOOO..

Weird move.. really.. since the ps3 controller is by far the worst for shooters... and since the 360 is the most popular console.. Well, too bad.. Was hoping to have a feet in the EVE universe..

Yea it makes zero sense. Xbox 360 is the largest FPS market too.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Originally posted by SlothnChunk

Lets be honest here.. the only people that will be playing DUST are EVE players. lol

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Originally posted by Precusor

Lets be honest here.. the only people that will be playing DUST are EVE players. lol

Most likely.  I'm starting to think that DUST isn't gonna be that great of a FPS.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

Originally posted by Ravik

Most likely.  I'm starting to think that DUST isn't gonna be that great of a FPS.

The hype wasnt there for the 360 and the PS3 players really are not that interested in it.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I agree with this so that means about 300K? Game should have been on PS3, Xbox 360 and most improtant PC.

Originally posted by Mannish

I agree with this so that means about 300K? Game should have been on PS3, Xbox 360 and most improtant PC.

Thats CCPs wishful thinking.. my guess it would reach 10k if that.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by Mannish

Thats CCPs wishful thinking.. my guess it would reach 10k if that.

Well I was talking about the amount of Eve players but yea, 10K will probaly be the end result of this game. Sigh

Originally posted by Ravik

The hype wasnt there for the 360 and the PS3 players really are not that interested in it.

Hunh? You clearly haven't been to the Facebook site and fan websites. I would say two out of three people interested in this game were Xbox 360 players.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

I don't think this game will do too well if it's online-only. I know most people play FPS games for multiplayer, but I kind of think the scope of Eve's universe and relying on other players to "hire" you is really going to put a damper on it.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Game is DOA now. The huge appeal of this game was it was PS3 + Xbox 360 interacting with PC. Now CCP just left out the biggest FPS market.

CCP isn't run by the sharpest tools in the shed. My hype rating just went from 10 to maybe 5.

I am thinking the issue is more Microsoft than CCP, we have seen this time and time again when it comes MMOs. The issue always comes down to the network and pricing structure, so much so it's even caused MS grief. The issue is not as big of a problem on the Sony side of things, simply put if Microsoft wants to see more MMOs they need to start making some changes or we will see this story continue to repeat in the future.

On topic, good to know and I have been considering purchasing a PS3 so I'll just add this to my list of pluses.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• sdeleon515sdeleon515 Member UncommonPosts: 151

Originally posted by brithael

Originally posted by Kebeck

BOOO..

It may be a performance/hardware consideration or a monetary one.  The PS3 is technically speaking capable of better graphics and resolution.  EVE is a pretty graphically demanding game on the PC at high settings, so DUST514 is likely to be as demanding on hardware.  Sony may also have offered them a sweeter deal, and Sony seem to cater to the less mainstream games too.

This could be the answer given the technical differences on the consoles hardware wise. Same reason Unchartered works for PS3 vs Xbox; Xbox 360 doesn't support all the stuff the game can do. Its also not unheard of where they may make it first for PS3 and then the Xbox given licensing fees are both higher and more demanding on the Xbox game. It was kind of the same route FF14 took and, despite gameplay, hardwarewise it made more sense as well. 

At the end of the day  its really Halo that creates the huge divide as far as FPS games go. But pening on what DUST is trying to acheive there could be some reasons beyond hardware as well where the PS3 was picked first. IF they are trying to make a larger battlefield as far as FPS's go, then the PS3 has had that advantage (namely with Resistance and then MAG  featuring highest number of players on field at the same time) and if DUST is some type of FPS with a concentration on battlefields and not just 16 vs 16 or some small number, that have veered it to release and develop it on the PS3 first. Just speculation of course but its not like it wouldn't be nice to have big~scale FPS games in the market because they are kind of lacking. 

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

Sounds to me like Sony, realizing that their online network was just short of becoming a corpse, figured they would dump a truck load of money on CCP to get a game that would hopefully revitalize their untrustworthy reputation. This may actually be a very bad move on CCPs part if they lose a large consumer share from players that will never trust the Sony systems again. I know I wouldn't.

Hunh? You clearly haven't been to the Facebook site and fan websites. I would say two out of three people interested in this game were Xbox 360 players.

13k at facebook and Dust related fan sites are pretty much dead.

Read the comments

http://www.facebook.com/DUST514/posts/228280807198884

Originally posted by sdeleon515

This could be the answer given the technical differences on the consoles hardware wise. Same reason Unchartered works for PS3 vs Xbox; Xbox 360 doesn't support all the stuff the game can do. Its also not unheard of where they may make it first for PS3 and then the Xbox given licensing fees are both higher and more demanding on the Xbox game. It was kind of the same route FF14 took and, despite gameplay, hardwarewise it made more sense as well. 

At the end of the day  its really Halo that creates the huge divide as far as FPS games go. But pening on what DUST is trying to acheive there could be some reasons beyond hardware as well where the PS3 was picked first. IF they are trying to make a larger battlefield as far as FPS's go, then the PS3 has had that advantage (namely with Resistance and then MAG  featuring highest number of players on field at the same time) and if DUST is some type of FPS with a concentration on battlefields and not just 16 vs 16 or some small number, that have veered it to release and develop it on the PS3 first. Just speculation of course but its not like it wouldn't be nice to have big~scale FPS games in the market because they are kind of lacking. 

CCP

“When we set out to build a true persistent shooter for consoles, it was evident that Sony's dedication to providing a flexible and MMO-friendly platform --alongside a robust virtual goods business model-- made the PlayStation 3 the natural home for DUST 514," said Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of CCP. "CCP's ambition is to bring a level of truly meaningful, persistent gameplay to the PlayStation 3 never before seen."

13k at facebook and Dust related fan sites are pretty much dead.

Read the comments

http://www.facebook.com/DUST514/posts/228280807198884

So what little hype Dust 514 had about two-thirds of it were Xbox 360 players. They are now gone as customers.

So what little hype Dust 514 had about two-thirds of it was Xbox 360 players. They are now gone as customers.

Bulk of those custumers are EVE players that has a xbox 360..