Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DivorceOnline claims that 15% of all divorces are related to online gaming - namely WoW and CoD.

124»

Comments

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

It is all this silly woman empowerment.  In the good old days men did what they wanted and women made them sandwiches and gave them a warm body.  Now with all this equality and crap men have to make time for the womens 'needs'.  Bah just go back to making sandwiches and be a good WoW wife.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Yup I know lots of pissy girls that think they can change the man they're with or go crazy if they don't have their way. As far as I have seen, marriages work best when you get married in the late 20's-early 30's or later, if you get married as a teenager or while just getting into college, you're going to have lots of problems.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by cagar

My wife hates that I play mmo's. So I figured if I get her involved she will be more willing to let me play. I read an article on how china was forcing their inmates to gold farm, so I decided to have my wife craft for me. She's a bit bitchy at the moment but will let you guys know how it turns out. So far she sucks at it tho.

LOL this is one of the best posts ever...

"I read an article about how China is forcing their prisoners to play MMORPGs for profit, and I thought 'that's a perfect activity for my wife!'"

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by Nailzzz

Originally posted by jinxxed0

Marriage is a made up concept that goes against nature. And Im not talking about how animals behave. I'm talking about how people have to force themsevles to stay together and settle for a crappy life. If people would get it out of their heads that marriage is some kind of magical thing and just try to be friends, maybe there'd be left bitter people. Back in 1920's and stuff people wanted to get away fromt heir spouse after a while but didnt as much as they do today because it wasnt as socially acceptable as it is today.

As for the gaming part, people who have addictive personalities can get addicted to anything. Its been proven. If its not games doing it, its drugs or alcohol which would lead to more serious problems like abuse and murder. Better they beat the gnomes and elves than little smack little susie around.

I will agree, marriage does go against nature. You know what else goes against nature: Cooking, using utensils to eat, creating plastic, making tools, understanding/utilizing advanced mathematics, self-control, nuclear weapons, etc(I could go on but id be here all night). Basically alot of what we do as humans is not natural. That is the very thing that keeps us from being just another animal. Naturally we would be only halfway up the food chain instead of near the top. We arent naturally fast or all that strong and even our intelligence takes years to manifest compared to other relatively smart animals. It has been our capacity to go against nature that has allowed us to dominate far faster than evolution has.

Marriage is in fact the very thing that has allowed us to create civilization. At some point we all lived like barbarians barely above the level of apes. Living in packs/herds like most mammals do today. Our only goals at the time were survival and procreation. And like most mammals, there was usually an alpha male who had the ability to procreate with as many of the females as he could lay claim to. Unfortunalty for him his position was tenuous as the other males would frequently attempt to usurp his position for there own shot at procreation. And so we lived like this for millenia before eventually one of us chose to overcome our nature and decided that rather than an alpha having all the women, he would share some of his less desirable women and the challenges to his position became less frequent as it gave the other males an outlet for there chance at procreation.

Also providing for the less desirable women fell to the responcibility of the other males which lowered the workload of the alpha in providing meat and whatever else may have ben required of him to keep the group alive. Fast foward thousands of years and it would eventually evolve into what we think of as marriage. Monogomy would become the ideal since it would maximize the amount of support each female would recieve  by giving them each a single devoted male (at least in theory) who's efforts would be invested only in her and her offspring maximizing her benefit above what a single male could provide if she had to share him with others. Monogamy was beneficial for the male as it provided him with a guarentee of procreation and made him willing to provide for the sake of his offspring(again, at least in theory).

Rules would be put in place to enforce monogamy among every successful culture(though yes frequently broken) to grant security to the males with mates so instead of having to fend off other males from there women all the time they could instead devote there energies to other things. From there labours would eventually come civilization, society, inventions, art, philosohy and all manner of other unnatural things. I could go into more depth on this but i think this covers the general point im trying to make. Nature=/=Good. Dont forget, Nature is also always trying to kill you.

QFT!

Also...Damn nature, you scary!

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

if the men or woman arent attracted or interested anymore in the partner and use theire time instead to play wow or cod. They have other higher issues. If the releationship was in good standing they wouldnt think about wow.