Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about returning

lovechiefslovechiefs Member UncommonPosts: 157

Hello all

I played Anarchy on and off for a bit, but never really got into it, mostly because I was finding myself playing alone.

I am thinking about returning and playing AO from the beginning.
How is the community now? Is the game still fun?

Comments

• quasar941quasar941 Member Posts: 159

The community is still pretty good as MMO communities go but it's even smaller than it was when you left so you're still going to be playing alone. Honestly, I doubt it's worth returning to unless you have a 220 to dust off.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

The newbie zone is fairly well populated but once you leave it literally feels like a ghost town. So much to the point where I stopped playing as it REALLY feels empty.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Once you left the island, you arive in West Athen.

That was a crowded place with a lot of PvP until Funcom decided to place Guards there, so no PvP fun there anymore, outside of the Subway. I saw it in the Forums, people like to get these guards removed again, so there might happen some fun again, but in general, the life took place in Old Athen, what is about 800m to the east.

Find the Mission Agency :)

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

AO is dead and Funcom jsut want to do the bare minimum to keep the current playerbase, unfortunately the current playerbase is just a bunch of selfish eliteish jerks.

Some people don't have to spend hours making a team to level or get what they need but people who don't have a pocket or friends that do or are in one of the few orgs that hasn't died or turned to crap over the years have to spend too much timetryign to get a team to do what ever it is they need or want to do, like levelign for example. Soi suggest people not give their money to a company and dev team who claims to care about the game but take years to fix the simple things,

I've been waiting since 2006 for funcom to add soem kinda of new team content to ely and scheol so peopel don't need to deal with ely drama for so long, or be able to form fun teams instead of pocket teams that steal al lthe hecklers.

So many ways to fix things yet they still haven't and i and other people have suggested this stuff in 2006 on the forums so they don't care.

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
    Warframe:Skuly1775