Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to resub, but account has been banned. Any hope?

twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

So I got the urge to resub yesterday, and today I get on the account management site only to see that in the two or three years since I've played, someone or something hijacked the login and got the account banned.  I submitted a petition about it already, but was curious to know if anyone has any experience with CCP in this regard.  Are they flexible at all when it comes to this sort of thing, or should I just make a new account and eat the loss?

Comments

• ElmorenElmoren Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 110

With an older account, it'll take time for them to dig up the ban reason and respond to you.  You'll probably have to go through account recovery. 

If you did nothing wrong, you will be 100% fine, but it will take a few days.  If the person who screwed up the account lives in the same house (has the same IP) as you, you'll remained banned.

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Originally posted by Elmoren

With an older account, it'll take time for them to dig up the ban reason and respond to you.  You'll probably have to go through account recovery. 

If you did nothing wrong, you will be 100% fine, but it will take a few days.  If the person who screwed up the account lives in the same house (has the same IP) as you, you'll remained banned.

That isn't too bad then.  It's the skill training I'd rather not lose, material possessions I could care less about.

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

When you have been a way for a year or two they seem to store your account somewhere else so that when you try to log in this is the sort of message you recieve.

Just partittion with your details and they will make the account live again for you.