Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

some questions about GNH

1. First off who do I need to buy this from to get all the collectors/retail/preorder goodies? Or will different retailers be giving different stuff. The information out at present is very confusing. If I get the collectors preorder from Amazon will I be getting everythinng? And when will the collectors go on sale right now its just a stub.

2. Concerning Estates, I've always wanted a MMO that incorporated some god/sim/city building mechanics. But I want to know, will there be random NPCs walking around my estate doing things to make it feel immersive or will it just be lots of buildings and a few quest givers. It would be great if your peasents would bow as you walked past and their outfits would change as you got more wealthy.

Comments

• Ebil_PiwatEbil_Piwat Member Posts: 208

As it is currently in Beta, your estate is a private instance, where you go to equip your minions, and have a bank storage features. Yes there are NPC's to interact with, but more for gear upgrades for your minions ( pets ) and to purchace consumables.

As for who to goto, That may depend on your area. Manytimes different distributors will get a perk for getting the game through them. In previous games, Gamestop had one item, while Steam had a different, etc.

When to get it. I believe G&H is due June 21st, so pre-orders should start now / soon(tm)

SWTOR. Face it, in the Scooby Doo Mystery Solving Van of coolness, this game is Velma. In this current MMO climate it has about as much chance for survival as a group of inquisitive teenagers in a 1980s slasher flick. -Tardcore May, 2011

• DaniciaDanicia Member UncommonPosts: 38

Ebil_Piwat has the right of things.

We will be announcing more information about all the retail locations (and online shops) where you can purchase the base game and/or the various collector editions. Not only will each retailer have special bonuses for where you buy the game, but we will have some fantastic collectables if you want the Collectors Edition boxes. (It is soooo cool!)

We have some more news coming out next week and even more after that. We can't talk a lot about them as we are still working with various retailers. Once it's all signed and in the bag, as it were, we will release more information.

On top of what Ebil Piwat said, we also have a Dev Blog Q&A (with screenshots) and a Developer Video Blog on our Estates feature. You can go to it by clicking here: http://godsandheroes.com/gods-heroes-dev-blog-qa-estates/

You can watch our announcements here:

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/GodsandHeroes

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GodsHeroesRomeRising

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

From Danicia's link:

"A: Estates are going to be a lot more than just housing. First of all, the literal scale of them is so much bigger – you won’t be trapped inside your little house in Gods & Heroes, you’ll have an entire valley all your own. This opens Estates up to even greater customization options and game mechanics than housing could ever provide. Additionally, we’re going to make Estates about features, not just a place to show off trophies and customize. Estates will have an ever growing array of activities that players can play with that will have a real impact on their game play experience."

I think Estates are going to be fantastic!  I absolutely love the idea they are trying to put in place.  The game needs things like this that are soooo different from the norm to be able to compete amongst the "WoW Clones".  Jeez I hate using that term!!!