Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gods & Heroes Rome Rising

kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Have to say i started playing this about 8pm gmt and i was still at it ,at 4am,turned out to be a proper little gem,still a bit buggy,occasional crash,but its beta so no worries.no problems with quests.if i was going to pick a fault with this game ,it is the combat,its a bit lethargic,but you do get used to it.The estate system is in alpha i believe ,but your estates are huge ,to bring them up to scratch you have to do quests for certain areas of you estate,i,e. villa,library,temple,barracks,there are quests for them all.i would like to point out i slated the pricing on this game yesterday,mainly because i live in rip off britain.tbh the pricing is reasonable in respect of what you are goin to be able to content wise in-game.i am goin to enjoy this one.

Comments

• DaniciaDanicia Member UncommonPosts: 38

Greetings!

We're glad you are enjoying the beta! You will be happy to know we are continually fixing more bugs, fixing more crash issues and getting in more content & quests. We also just launched our new forum, which you can find at http://forums.godsandheroes.com

Thank you for testing the game!

Donna

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

So you mean this game has housing ??!??!

DAMN then I'm up for it!!

Hows the housing though?? zoning?? whats the purpose?? can you make it like a shop people come in to buy your stuffs?

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

its not so much housing, its an estate,with barracks ,villa,temple and such..you have to do quests to rebuild them all,cos they have been destroyed.you also upgrade your minions armour there amongst other things..they did mention about bringing shops into the equasion at a later date.the game in general is pretty good,still has a few glitches atm graphically its pretty ok if u run a 64 bit system..it does,nt seem to operate too well on 32bit..check the forum for details.all in all the game has  great potential .its not the greatest mmo i,ve played but Heatwave interactive are doing a great job bringing this game up to scratch.give them time it could be really good.only thing that spoils it forr me atm is no global chat,which they are working on.all in all quite enjoyable and yyou get a real sense of the atmosphere that you are in rome.the music is excellent and goes with the game great.give it a try, wot you got to lose.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Downloaded the beta overnight and have to say so far i find the game quite engrossing.

Re- the above post re price. D2Duk have it for £24.99 which includes a week headstart and one month free. Seems quite resaonable to me.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by Beachcomber

Downloaded the beta overnight and have to say so far i find the game quite engrossing.

Re- the above post re price. D2Duk have it for £24.99 which includes a week headstart and one month free. Seems quite resaonable to me.

I'm being entertaned by the game too. Quoting you because I like the use of the word 'engrossing'.  I like what I see and feel game-play an UI-wise, initially.  Let's see where it takes me.

• delta9delta9 Member UncommonPosts: 358

Personally I feel the game is too empty, no crafting, no pvp, limited levels - there just is no where near enough to do for me to buy it.

A MMO where there isnt even a region or global chat is a bit strange too.

I think any price for the game box as is isnt worth it, ok charge a monthly fee but why not give the game away for free (or the cost of 1 months sub) seeing as there are so many MMO elements missing currently, it just isnt worth AAA pricing.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

when heatwave bought the game i believe that pvp was not going to be a priority ,mainly because there was so much to do..i think when i say this that there will be pvp at one point..there main priority is to get the game to release first and go from there.i may be wrong but i think there is going to be crafting too.if i,m incorrect i do apologise but this game has come a long way since i think it was perpetual had it.Has for chat ,they are dealing with that atm.

No pvp or crafting is a bummer. Didn't know that and will probably shorten my attention-span.  But the new car smell is cool :)

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

I know for a fact crafting is coming shorly after release and Im sure pvp is also.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I enjoy the lvling, combat, estates, exploring etc, but to me main problem isnt the pvp or crafting, but that with cap at 30, it will too quickly become a gear grind in dungeons most of the time, the part of mmos I like least, that is why i may not buy this at launch.

There is so much potential here, but unless they do a Trion and release huge amounts of content fast, its no going to keep its subs or get new ones.

Originally posted by zevni78

I enjoy the lvling, combat, estates, exploring etc, but to me main problem isnt the pvp or crafting. . .

I didn't mean PvP is the most myopic combat sense, but most lack-there-of organic player-base community/player-centric sense across all features.

• ghaleonx128ghaleonx128 Member Posts: 145

You can tell they're probably more behind the game than some other companies are with their games. I sort of feel it might be in a similar situation as Vanguard. Initially it wasn't complete but given more time, and player support, it could have been more rounded out.  I think the game will have a lot of (free) updates once it goes live.